Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2009, 06:14 AM   #1  
~one cool chickie~

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up ~What motivates you?~

Hiya girls! I thought a great thread to start is.....what motivates you? Be it positive, or negative, silly or serious, let's all share here. What is it that keeps/will keep you going, what will keep you looking forward and stay on track?

I will start

What motivates me is that girl in the mirror. I don't recognize her anymore, and haven't for quite some time. Looking pregnant (when I'm not), that new double chin droops my face down, and I got jiggles and wiggles in all the wrong places. Shopping in the plus size section, feeling those folds in my back that used to not be there, thighs rubbing together is oh so painful, and having no energy to enjoy life the way its meant to be. And no matter how long it takes, that girl staring back at me will be free once more. Its all up to me

Last edited by honeybear; 04-30-2009 at 08:37 AM.
honeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:03 AM   #2  
Fat bride-Thin bride

S/C/G: 172/149/140

Height: 5ft4

Great post honeybear!
My motivation is firstly my wedding, I dont want to look like a beached whale in my beautiful gown i want to look gorgeous.
secondly i want to be the old me, confident and fit and full of life, not unconfident, out of shape and lethargic!
PrincessLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

What motivates me is my children.I want to be here to see them grow up.Also being tired constantly,not being able to walk to far.Being afraid the bar won't go down on my belly on rides in the amusement park.Looking at Facebook and seeing all the girls I went to school still look great.Thinking all the giggling and laughing is about me.Avoiding people.Not being able to buy pretty shoes because my feet are fat.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #4  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

well i was motivated 11 years ago to lose almost 100 lb and that is what motivates me, the fact that i know i can do it.... and of course my skinny jeans in the closet and all my cute shirts!
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #5  
Fat bride-Thin bride

S/C/G: 172/149/140

Height: 5ft4

Oh skinny jeans if only I could wear some
PrincessLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #6  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I feel SO good when I am eating healthy and exercising regularly. I feel strong and happy. I like competeing with myself (as in, Can I jog a little further a little longer each time?). I like the feeling I get when I fit into a smaller piece of clothing.

It is that feeling that motivates me!

SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #7  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Jacque's Motivation

Oh where do I start...in no particular order....
  • my kids first and foremost
  • the rack in my closet that has my "skinny" clothes hanging on it
  • jiggly arms and butt
  • my health
  • my workout buddy Lisa
  • my sex life...I didn't want to do it for awhile and my BF wasn't happy about that
  • being proud of myself
  • getting healthy so I will FINALLY quit smoking , again, doing it for my health and my kids
  • the $$$$ I spend on the gym and pilates and boot camp that starts in 20 days

I'm sure there is more, but that's a start.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

as mentioned above i am motivated by the girl in the mirror and my children. But I am trying to be motivated to loose the weight for me. my husband is supportive as well as my family but I really need to loose for myself. I do not have health problems but if I do not loose I will more than likely have them in the future. I am not exactly sure what I want. I just want to be a better version of me. I will never be super model skinny, just not possible with my frame, but about 50 pounds lighter and I would look and feel better. I need to loose more than 50 and it is my goal to loose about 70 but I am trying to take it one day at a time and trying to only weigh once a week. It is coming off slowly but surely.

Also 3fc motivates me
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

What motivates me from a negative standpoint is seeing pictures of myself and also feeling like I am invisible in public. What motivates me from a positive standpoint is hearing and seeing my husband's appreciation for my weight loss efforts, and most definitely this website! 3FC is a godsend!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #10  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
Also 3fc motivates me
Yeah that too!!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

LOL..dancing around while holding up my fattest pants ever! LOL.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

[QUOTE=luvmy3;2718594]Looking at Facebook and seeing all the girls I went to school still look great.QUOTE]

Okay, I know my thinking is SO wrong and on SO many levels WRONG--BUT!

Am I the only one that gets a little bit of joy when I see the girls that were jerks in high school looking REALLY BAD on Facebook? I know Karma wise, God wise, maturity wise this is just so wrong. But I have to admit it!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #13  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

What motivates me is the realization that if I had less body fat, there'd really be nothing left to worry about, as far as looking good. I got good hair, good teeth, acceptable skin... the only thing remaining is to be rid of this excess weight that's drowning it all out!

Also, one of these days I'm going to find a nice man who will want to marry me, and I'd rather not have to have a 2-3 year engagement, trying to lose all the weight so I won't be a big bride.

One of these days at work, my sweet-@$$ gravy desk job is going to be eliminated and I'm going to have to go out and work on the floor again, and I'd like to be able to fit into the fuel tanks by then, just in case it comes up. I was able to do it thirty pounds ago, so it's good to know it's possible.

Last edited by freshmanweightorbust; 04-29-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typos
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm kind of like a dog chasing its tail. I don't like being this heavy. I liked being slim and active ... shopping ... helping my friends get healthier. So I have to get started. When I start to lose ... then I'm off to the races. I love the 'game'. Planning, researching ... even exercising. I actually enjoy the journey.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #15  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Fun Thread!

Oh...so many things motivate me! Definitely kids and family first! I'm a stay at home mom and last school year my son, in 3rd grade at the time, begged me to be a "room mom" for his class, and I wouldn't because I was so afraid that the kids in his class would pick on him because of his grossly overweight mother. The hurt in his eyes was more than I could take. I vowed I would NEVER turn down such a request again! I made a choice to have children and part of that choice is to be a MOTHER, not some excuse making, closet eating, morbidly obese, blob.

Living is my next motivation. It's so great to be alive, and mobile, and active and not ashamed anymore.

And as naughty as it is, a motivating factor in keeping it off is the rumors I have heard that I won't! I just can't wait to prove the busy-bodies wrong! Oh the sweet smell of success....Please God, let me keep the motivation!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 04-29-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote