Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #1  
sugar is the devil

Default What irks me about FitDay...

So I'm starting to do calorie counting again and get back onto FitDay...

I like to add my custom foods... but what REALLY bugs me is that under carbohydrates in the nutritional information, it only says fiber. There is no section for sugar. The one thing about my diet is that I really watch my sugar intake but it doesn't even offer that under carbs.

And it's not like I can take the grams of carbs minus the grams of fiber when it's all calculated on Fitday to get my sugar intake (example: one of my foods has 18g of carbs and 2g of fiber... which would be 16g of sugar if I just minus the two. WRONG, it says it has 8g of sugar on the nutritional information).

I wish they got rid of "alcohol" in nutritional value (since I really really really doubt that a lot of custom foods have alcohol listed in their nutritional information) and replace it with a sugar option!

Grr!

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-26-2009 at 04:29 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

You might take a browse of The Daily Plate -- I've never used it, but I know lots of members on this site have mentioned it, and I think it will let you track sugars under the carb section...
http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/myplate/
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #3  

I agree there are things that could be improved about fitday, but removing the alcohol option is NOT NOT NOT one of them. Just because you are watching calories/nutrients doesn't mean you never consume alcohol. If I have a glass of wine with dinner I would certainly want to track it.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Maybe track it with sparkpeople? I know with sparkpeople.com you can track anything you want to track, I track fiber intake and sodium intake as well as carbs, protein, and fat
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I wish it tracked sugar too. I also wish I could pick foods from the list and have it track phytonutrients and good stuff like that .... someday
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #6  
Fit To Be Bride

S/C/G: 230.0/214.9/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Maybe track it with sparkpeople? I know with sparkpeople.com you can track anything you want to track, I track fiber intake and sodium intake as well as carbs, protein, and fat
I second this. I love the tracker at SparkPeople... especially because it is so customizable. When they improve their IPhone app, I'll be extra happy.
EarthWhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #7  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

what is fit day?
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #8  
Fit To Be Bride

S/C/G: 230.0/214.9/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
what is fit day?
It's a food log/ fitness journal in website or software form. Their website is at FitDay dot com.
EarthWhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #9  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

www.nutritiondata.com. It doesn't have a lot of the processed foods, but if you do a lot of your own cooking, this information ROCKS. It has glycemic load, and info on amino acid profiles ... maybe TMI for many, but just right for some!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #10  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

I am going to stick with fitday since I've started there and I like 98% of the tool. Love it in fact.

But the fact they don't let you count sugar is annoying, you are right. They also put things like pant acid on the nutrition chart, but as far as I can tell when you make a custom food there is no place to put that exact info. So it looks like I'm always low in it when I'm probably not (most of my foods are custom).

And searching for food is frustrating too - just trying to search for a plain old chicken egg I have to go through pages of McDonald's egg mcmuffin. Hello?

Also has anyone noticed the weird things in activities. Like walking to and from an outhouse???? Not saying that some people still might have those AND a computer, but I'm not sure I'd be thinking to add it as an extra activity!

bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #11  
sugar is the devil

ya I also noticed that there were some odd activities on fitday but they are amusing haha

funniegrrl - I wasn't bashing the alcohol option. I do time to time and agree that it should be counted. But I think what I meant was that should have more options in the custum food portion - and with sugar being very popular, you would think that they would include that on their site!

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-29-2009 at 12:46 AM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote