Old 04-27-2009, 03:22 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 27 April - 3 May

Yes, that was May I wrote in the thread title. Is this year flying by or what?

Anyway, it's been a good weekend. I went to dawn service which was lovely. I had to cringe at one woman standing next to me, though. She would have been my mother's age at a guess and she was wearing what I presume were her father's service medals from WWII - they were definitely WWII medals - on the left side of her chest, instead of the right side. Not sure if the tradition is the same in the US, but here you only wear medals on the left side of your chest if you earned them yourself, otherwise you wear them on the right side. Talk about a total protocol failure there! I mentioned it to my father who served in Vietnam and he told me I should have said something. Maybe, but discretion is the better part of valour.

Apart from that it was a quiet weekend - went to the gym on Sunday and ran into one of our managers there and we had a chat. Thankfully not my manager - that would've been a little bit too surreal. And I tried on an old pair of jeans to see how I was going - size 18 and I can do them up! They're a little too tight to be comfortable at the moment, but I'm not far away from fitting them.

And today was work again. Nothing unusual happened - just a normal day.

Rhonda, I think I do want the job. I don't want to get my hopes set too high too early, but I'll definitely go along for the ride. Hope the migrane eases soon.

Diane, he is a yummy trainer. There's a picture of him on the gym website - I'll post it one of these days! I'm pleased your son enjoyed the meet and improving has to be good, right?

MJ, hope you're feeling better soon!

Lixxi, go you with the portion control! That's quite a victory!

Beverly, I'm pleased to hear your mother's out of hospital. Hopefully they can put the surgery off till she's stronger.

Enjoy your Monday everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks - I had a another sane, healthful food day yesterday. I am so grateful.
Mom's doing better and feeling stronger every day.

Today DH will travel to Indiana to pick up his company car. He starts his new job in two weeks. For that I am really grateful. I feel like a HUGE burden has been lifted from my shoulders. I've put on a great deal of weight during this stressful time. Also, I am feeling physically better now that I know I am anemic and am taking an iron supplement. It's amazing how just having an iron deficiency can make one so sick.

For today:

meditation - done
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
log food
PMA (positive mental attitude)

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - brown rice with veggies and egg whites, pepper strips and lite dressing
snack - lite bread, turkey, strawberries
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup
snack - cherrios, fruit, milk

Nicolen - wonderful that you can fasten those pants. That's a terrific victory.

Rhonda - hope you are feeling better today.

MJ - How are you doing today? What's happening with your knee. Between my mom, my computer acting up I am 'out of the loop'.

Lixxi - way to go!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-27-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi, Friends.

Today was my official weigh-in day. I'm down 4 pounds for the week! Yippee. Not a bad start for my calorie counting venture.

MJ - How are you feeling today? I hope you begin to heal quickly.
Beverly - Hubby got the job! That is great news!
Nicole - I can't wait to get back into size 18. Congratulations.

Today is a 1600 calorie day and week 2 of my beginning running program.

Breakfast - scrambled egg, ww toast, cup of light vanilla soymilk
Snack - Tangelo and cheese stick
Lunch - Butternut Squash Lean Cuisine
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Yellow curry and mixed vegetables over quinoa
Snack - Weight Watchers Double Fudge cake

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #4  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

Hihi Everyone!

Today was a good day! I'm quite enjoying the eye candy in the office. We have quite a few hunks roaming around. I believe they go to the gym next door, and as a temp staff, I have nowhere near enough money to get a gym membership. But it's nice to oogle anyway. The good thing now is deadlines are all coming and the temp staff is suddenly very popular in helping out with random work things. It's nice to be working for eye candy. Makes the mundane a little less boring. (Note: I'm working for my boyfriend, so my oogling has to be discreet, haha!)

Food wise- an overdue muffin for breakfast, some little sponge cake for a snack, hor fun again for lunch, a low fat berry yoghurt for another snack and stir fry veggies for dinner.

I'm really, really feeling it when my body says okay, stop eating. I don't listen 100% (I take one or two more bites), but yeah, it's really amazing. I didn't know my body could tell me to stop!

Exercise wise- Went for a 5k run around my neighborhood an hour after dinner. Finished in 40 minutes. My goal is to run a 10k within an hour by the end of the year, so, hopefully, since I've signed up for a run, it'll kick my butt into gear and motivate me to run even more!

Nicole, Rhonda- Congratulations in your victories! To be able to fit into jeans and whao, four pounds?! That's just fantastic!

Beverlyjoy- Great to hear your mom doing better!

Everyone else- Hope your Monday don't give you the blues! Have a great OP day! <3

Last edited by lixximajig; 04-27-2009 at 10:24 AM.
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all! Scary how fast this year is going. I had a good weekend. Kept on track and had a 1.2 pound loss this morning. Not huge, but after last week's big loss, I was worried. I just like to see the numbers keep going down.

Track is over for my son now. He is still in baseball, so that will be the only sport for now. That's a relief. It was getting a little crazy.

I went to the gym this morning. It's funny (or pathetic) that on the days that I have a good weigh-in, I have so much fun working out. It's those little victories. I have noticed, however, that I still really worry when getting on the scale. I feel like the number is suddenly going to jump back up, even when I know I've had a good week. I wonder if you ever get over that?

Nicolen: Size 18 jeans would be great! Good for you! Yummy trainer is doing some good work with you!

Beverly: Glad to hear about your mother. You'll do fine in getting back on track. Hard to focus when there are so many major issues going on.

Rhonda: Awesome weigh-in for you! Wow! So cool! I have been calorie counting, too, and it seems to make sense for me. Thanks for recommending TDP, too. I like that one.

Lixxi: Way to go with the running! Some day, I'd like to be able to do some running. Not in a race, but just some running.

MJ: How was your weekend?

Have a good week everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone. I ams still sick. I feel slightly better, but not great. Now it has moved into my chest.

I'll catch up w/ everyone soon, I promise!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #7  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Happy Monday! Glad to here things are going well for everyone!
I am only down 1 pound from last week but It's not a big concern for me cause last week was TOM and it always messes me up. It's usually the week after that I see big changes, so Im staying OP and excited to see what the scale says on Sunday!

This week

under 20 carbs
64 oz of water of more
1 hour of exercise or more

Last edited by seashell; 04-27-2009 at 12:52 PM.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell View Post
I am only down 1 pound from last week
Only?! A loss is always a good thing. Celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Kept on track and had a 1.2 pound loss this morning.
Congratulations!

BTW, have you discovered the weight tracker on TDP? It's kind of fun to have a visual representation of your weight losses. My goal is to get my line below my lowest weight so far this year....which was 226.8 in February....and to keep my graph line moving in a downward motion for the remainder of the year.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-27-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #9  
Diane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
BTW, have you discovered the weight tracker on TDP? It's kind of fun to have a visual representation of your weight losses. My goal is to get my line below my lowest weight so far this year....which was 226.8 in February....and to keep my graph line moving in a downward motion for the remainder of the year.
I just did today. I love visuals, so I think that will be a good thing to use. I'm looking forward to getting to 269, which is where I stopped before and put it all back on.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:26 AM   #10  
Nicole

It was a good day today. Gym, work, home, so nothing remarkable, but it was just one of those days that just went well, if you know what I mean. It was very warm this morning - I actually left my jacket at home, which is just about unheard of for this time of year. Unfortunately, that's going to change tomorrow. The weather's actually already broken on the other side of the island - there's been a bit of flooding and evacuations in my home town. My family is fine, but it's going to take a few weeks to do the clean up, unfortunately.

Tomorrow, I'm on a half day course on conflict resolutions and am going out for dinner with some friends after that since it's payday. We're going to a Greek restaurant so that should be great fun!

Beverly, I'm so thrilled that everything's looking up for you after your difficult few months. Here's hoping that your mother's health improves and that DH loves the job.

Rhonda, go you! That's awesome!

Lixxi, nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy to make the day go faster! Hopefully the temp job turns into a permanent job for you.

Diane, 1.2's still pretty good! Isn't it funny how some days the workouts just seem so easy - for some reason I really struggle on a Tuesday, but my Saturday workout is always so easy.

MJ, sending lots of get well vibes towards you!

Seashell, every little bit off is good, right?

Have fun everyone!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #11  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Thanks for all of the get-well wishes, they have helped! I am not 100%, yet, but I am feeling better. I am not sure if I will make it to the gym tonight or not, I'm still coughing pretty hard, so I may wait another day or two...

nicolen--the dawn service sounds very nice. I'm not sure about wearing medals, I'll have to ask my brother. My younger brother (he's the one in the Army) is speaking at our Memorial Day this year. I can't wait to hear his speech. Wow, all kinds of good stuff for you...the potentional new job, smaller jeans..FANTASTIC!

Beverlyjoy--So glad to hear things are going well for you, your dh, and your mom!!! My knee saga....ugh, well, long story short because it has switched over to "Special Funds" (it's an old, old injury), I have to start the approval process for any surgery all over again. The billing person at the drs office warned me that they always deny the first time around, so get ready to wait.....

Rhonda--Fantastic weigh in!!!

lixx--You are so funny! Sounds like yo uare doing really well, keep it up!!!

Diane--A loss is a loss! Great job!

seashell--TOM always messes me up too...keep at it!

I really need to get ready for work, but I had to get caught up first!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...I've made it thru another day of food sanity - I am so grateful. Things are looking more positive in my life on many fronts...I am grateful for that too.

I need to take my mom to the doctor today for a follow up. I'll do paperwork, etc. My pieces and parts are acting up and bit - but, ice and heat always help.

Today:
stretches
meditation
lots of water
log my food
PMA

breakfast - turkey, cheese, toast, strawberries
lunch - brown rice with egg whites, veggies & soy sauce, green beans
snack - oatmeal, milk
dinner - sweet turkey Italian sausage, peppers and onions and potato
snack - peanut butter and honey toast

MJ -- I am so sorry to hear about your surgery stall - that's awful. I am glad you are feeling better, though.

Nicolen - thank goodness your family is OK due to the flooding - glad to hear it. Enjoy your Greek supper!

slash - Hi!! You WILL get to 269! Any loss is a good loss, really.

Seashell - hooray for the pound gone!

Lixxi - wow, a 5K run is awesome. Enjoy the 'eye candy' - at least it not fattening!

Rhonda - down 4 pounds....YAY - that's wonderful

Have a good day, friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-28-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:53 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

Hi Friends,

I'm dragging today. My youngest was sick last night and Mommy got very little sleep. I must remember not to try using off-plan foods as an energy rush today.

Nicole - I'm sorry to hear about the flooding, but so glad to hear that your loved one are okay.
MJ - glad to hear you're feeling better
Beverly - Yay for sane days!

Today is a 1500 calorie day.

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs and a cup of Chocolate Silk Soymilk
Snack - Tangelo and cheese stick
Lunch - Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Yellow curry with veggies over quinoa
Snack - Weight Watchers Key Lime Pie

Have a great on-plan day.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #14  
Diane

Quick post today. Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Good day at the gym for me. Just trying to stay on plan!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:14 AM   #15  
Nicole

Meh, today was average really. The course was pretty run of the mill - nothing I haven't learned before and the trainer was boring as heck. He spent most of the afternoon reading the course guidebook to us - I could have done that on my own!

And dinner was cancelled - my friend changed her mind about going out tonight. I'm a little bit annoyed about that, but that's life.

MJ, yay for feeling better!

Beverly, go you! You're doing so well at the moment

Rhonda, oh no! Hope your little one's feeling better - and Mum got some sleep!

Diane, awesome about the gym workout.

Well that was short and sweet today! Enjoy yourselves, everyone!