Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking I love the 1 minute Flax Muffin!!

I made it this morning Savory Just salt and pepper and used Butterflavored cooking spray in place of the oil/butter and sprayed the rammekin and it was GREAT
I ate at around 7:15 and didn't need a snack for 4 hours!!
2 questions
1 can I mix it in the cup I nuke it in therefore minimizing dishes
2. Does adding the oil negate the need to spray the rammekin?

yay all the yumminess and convenience of a muffin with none of the icky bread badness and NO CRAVINGS!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

I would still spray the ramekin because it is a devil to clean if that stuff gets stuck on there; speaking from experience here! I guess you could mix it in the baking container for a one pot meal. I do so like the flax muffin and have many variations of it; my favorite is pumpkin. I forgot to tell my DD about it! Shoot! I love the thing cut in four rounds and then toast a couple and put sf peach butter on it. I ate it as a sandwich the other day with egg salad. I know Eggface has a 5 minute protein cake thingy that she makes in a mug and it is pretty good.

My DD has lost 20 pounds on the low-carb way and made the little ricotta cheesecakes from the SBD site and just loved them. I picked up a GTXpress at a secondhand store and she does her omelets, ricotta bake and stuff like that in the morning on it and she is sticking to the life-style change like glue. I'm so happy!! She was getting pretty darn fluffy and was diagnosed with arthritis in kindergarten, and I'm worried to death she will end up like I was, broken up and unhealthy.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Nan I think I'll mix and pour! I bought some Generic Splenda today (as I am a cheapo!) and might try the sweet muffin tomorrow but it was great no scary blood sugar fluxuation/bp fun no bizarro cravings *touchwood*
nan she should check out oru SBD forum theres some great Ph 1 recipes

as for your lovely daughter, she has you for inspiration! She's goign to continue meltign the fat off!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I made it sweet today with generic splenda Van extract cinamon & nutmeg soo good
How do you get the veggies in? I'd love to add some good greens or zuch or somethign yummy to this (not sweet obviously)
Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

where can I find the recipie of the two items you are talking about?
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I believe its posted here I'll look for the link
Old 03-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #7  

I've cooked finely minced carrots, celery, and onions in the microwave and added a little when I made the savory ones. I wonder what a little spicy black bean mix might do to it. I'm getting ready to mix a little cheese in one and maybe the black bean could be mashed and used like an oil........Now my brain is working overtime. I feel a feast or flop coming on!!!! Oh, how about a salsa topping??!?!?! Could eat it like brushetta......UM!

I just got done eating a Muscle Milk Oats, banana and walnut flavor. It has 30 grams of protein, but 34 carbs and 4 sugars so it is kind of a trade off. I put a couple of tablespoons of homemade yogurt in it and thawed blueberries. Of course, I got caught up on the computer and eating. Now, I'm stuffed because I wasn't concentrating on what I was eating and overate!!!! Will I never learn?!?!?!?

After I had my third kid, I went to work, would eat and go to bed. I really put on the pounds. So, I came home from work last night and just drank an Atkins Milk Chocolate Delight Shake instead of something solid. 1 sugar and 15 prots and four carbs. These are about the only protein drink I can stomach anymore besides the fruity ones. I tried doing it during the last half hour of my shift, but keep getting interrupted and don't get a chance to finish until I get in the car. I hate eating in the car!!! Reminds me too much of my day of going into McDees and ordering and then going through the drive through so I could get more to "take home"!!!!

Last edited by nanj; 03-28-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey nan do you think if I shredded some Zuch I could put it in? would I have to cook it?
or maybe some fresh spinach?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #9  

Hey KO! I don't see why you couldn't. My DH was craving Carrot Cake and I shredded a couple of tablespoons of carrots, cooked them in the micro for a minute or so. In the flax mix I put the cooled carrots, finely diced nuts, cinnamon and vanilla. I mixed lite cool whip, a dab of softened cream cheese, and sf vanilla pudding for his frosting. He like it and would eat it again. I would probably cook the shredded zucchini just if you don't want it crunchy. About the spinach, don't know......but if you try it let me know.

Last edited by nanj; 04-28-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I bought a 6 cup silicone muffin tin So I'm hopefully goign to try this tonight and triple the recipe! Prolly 3/4 minutes for 6 half recipes
Old 05-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I haven't made it in the muffin tin yet, howeve I did make an awesome version for lunch. . .I tried it as a sandwhich but it was too much food
I nuked about a ramekins worth of frozen spinach
seperately I mixed the flax baking powder dried minced onion steak seasoning and about a tsp of parmesan I added the egg and cooking spray (too lazy to measure oil) whipped it all together then mixed in the spinach
soo good!!!! and the spinach makes it so filling!