Old 04-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Default On my way back to WW...

So, I'm officially starting WW again today. I did WW about 6 years ago and lost quite a bit of weight but two kids later, I am the heaviest I have ever been. I actually weighed more at the beginning of the year which was 231.

I actually tried a few different things like meal delivery, south beach etc and lost a little weight but WW just seems to make the most sense and I don't have to eliminate anything. So I think I will take what I have learned and apply it with the WW program.

I really need to get this weight off for so many reasons I can't even name them all but the one that's been weighing ( no pun intended ) on my mind the most is health.

Anyway, so not a stranger to 3FC or WW, but just trying to find my way!
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/234.6/160

Height: 5' 7"

Hi- I'm not new to WW or 3FC either, but I think support is key to losing the weight. I dropped a lot of weight (68lbs) on WW 5 years ago, but I lost my way due to some personal turmoil that couldn't be avoided. Now I'm ready to get back on track. My BIG fear is that I need this to be permanent. Life happens, and there are going to be really hard times. I need to learn to cope WITHOUT abusing food!
I'm also a mom of two kids, and I've started to really worry about how this excess weight is affecting my health. Another HUGE concern is that I just don't feel like myself. It's time to find ME again.
Anyhow, I hope that your meeting goes well! Best Wishes for a slimmer future! We can do it!
mightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #3  

Thanks for the encouragement! I think this weight has been a symbol of how I haven't been handling stressful things well. I know that I have run out of excuses and really there is no excuse for being this heavy. I want to be able to enjoy being home with my kids and not worry about my weight. I also want to set an example to my girls.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #4  
The Scrambled Egg

S/C/G: 247/236.8/147

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Cheeseheader....I am a veteran to WW as well and back to try to lose what I did plus some!!! But I am determined to do it this time and keep it off!!

I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to sharing our journeyto success together.

~ Ivory

__________________________________________________ ______________

Last edited by Ivorygirl; 04-21-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Ivorygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #5  

Thanks! I look forward to the support from this site and others who are doing WW as well. I just signed up for the free online trial. I have two young kids who are not going to sit through WW meetings! So I figured online was the best way to go to keep me on track. I'm on the computer all the time anyway, might as well do something good for myself!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Hi, there,

I think I am also going to be trying to get on the WW wagon again. I joined up last April 8 - went to the first meeting to get the materials and get a starting weight. I planned on doing the rest from home, being that I couldn't really afford to continue with meetings indefinitely. I ordered an at-home kit and thought I was on my way.

The biggest surprise came when the WW scale read 205.8, and our home scale was reading around 3 lbs lower. It was discouraging at first, but I knew even more that I needed to get going. I'm 5' even, and the high end of a medium frame (almost a large frame) - I determined frame type using military standards my husband had printed up a couple years ago. So I was far over an acceptable weight, even if the WW scale had said 203.

Between April '08 and August '08, I lost about 12 lbs. Modest, but a loss nonetheless. My clothes were fitting looser, and I saw under 200 lbs for the first time since my now-5-year-old daughter was only about a year old.

However, in August, we had back-to-back weekends with visting family members at a nearby amusement park. It's not that I ate horribly during our visits, but afterward, I was off-track of my efforts at home and just couldn't get back on. I tried in September, then lost it from October - present. In that time, I have not only gained back the 12 lbs I lost, but an additional 7 lbs.

The hardest thing for me is getting motivated to start all my own cooking again, menu planning, grocery shopping. A dieting weakness of mine no matter what plan I've tried is feeling I need to follow their recommended menus rather than going with the types of foods I might normally have at home or prepare on my own regularly. This ends up meaning VERY high grocery bills.

But I need to get started with something again. I though about doing the updated Slim Fast plan once again. (I had done it for a couple months in '06) In fact, I was trying it this week. Only managed to stick to my menus about half the time. Haven't really lost anything.

I ordered the Hungry Girl books for very cheap off of Amazon...Hoping to find some yummy, filling recipes that won't break the bank. Need to find where my scattered WW materials have gone. My mother-in-law (WW lifetimer who is back to needing to lose some) went to a meeting in February, after Momentum was launched. She let me take a peek at the booklet - so I know it's kind of combining core and flex. It's basically following the same sort of thing most of us discover after a short time on WW... that we can make our points stretch further with healthier & more filling foods.

So, once everything is in order here, I'm going to need some serious encouragement to get back on track again!!! Good to see a lot of the same names as before.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #7  

Hi and welcome back! I did the same thing, started weight watchers again after my 2nd daughter was born (2 years ago) and lost a little but with two little kids and a hectic schedule, I found it really difficult to plan and stuff. I also am not a big meeting person, not just because of the cost, but I'm not really share my feelings about being overweight person.

I too tried different things like Slim Fast, I did meal delivery which was nice but expensive. I also did South Beach for about a week, did fine but craved carbs bad. Then I decided that it was a sign that I needed my to go back to what worked and something I could live with and something where I didn't have to cut out any food.

But I will say being on South Beach did teach me a few things and I am going to put more veggies in my meals like breakfast and try not to eat so much bread and pasta. I did feel better not eating all that all the time.

I've spent the week planning and getting myself organized, even planned out my exercise plan. Going to walk several times a week until I can walk a 15 min mile. Right now i'm at a 22 min mile. So Sunday is my official weigh in and start date.

Anyway, remember you are worth it, that's what I have to keep telling myself. And that it's okay to take time to myself to eat right and exercise. Good luck!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #8  
The Scrambled Egg

Hi Chickies ~ i think that it is great that we're motivated enough to get back to healthy eating and lifestyle.....Cheeseheader that's some time on the walking. I started week 2 and today was the first I tried the walking. I have back problems so I tried to take it slow....I don't have a pedometer yet so I can't tell you what I was doing but I was definitely huffing and puffing and so was my yellow lab

I didn't want to overdo things and I don't even know what the activity points would be.....I just wanted to see how I would do. It wasn't really much but it was far more than I usually do so I guess that counts for something.

I didn't have a watch but I think it was about 15 minutes perhaps 25 and certainly not quite a mile. But as I said, it was something and that's good.

Week two is a bit tougher....I need to plan ahead and if I don't it easy to go off track. I am still within my points but using those 35 extra and I am only on day 2 of the week. So I know how important the planning is.

Your an inspiration in the sense of getting myself out there for the exercise....just can't afford to overdo it!! My lab is excited since it's been a while since I have been able to walk her.

Hang in there, gals, things are easier when you got support.

~ Ivory
Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #9  
The Scrambled Egg

I just wanted to let you all know that I walked for a second day and did 1.5miles in 25 minutes!!!

When I was commenting on Cheeseheader's time I didn't even think I could do what I did!! My lab and I were huffing and puffing....still don't know how many activity points that would be but for now I am just getting some exercise into my day and actually pretty proud that I was able to do as much as I did.

So chickies, I am hoping to see that the pain was worth it by the end of this week.

Will keep you posted, meanwhile hope that everybody else is doing well!!

~ Ivory
Old 04-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #10  

After many, many long months on Atkins I have gone back to WW and lost the final pounds. It is so nice to be able to eat anything in moderation. I like the support and freedom to eat any foods, but being accountable for them.

The switch was so easy I wish I'd done it long ago! Hang in there...doing something has better results than doing nothing!

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 142# 10 # below GOAL!!!!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey Cheeseheader,

You sound like you are headed in the right direction. Don't worry too much about the obstacles right now--just start. Like you I also have little kids and know about the issues there. I also know all about putting hubby and kids and everyone else in the world ahead of ME! I decided to put myself, yep myself, at the very top of my list in May '08. In the process I have learned first hand that it must be this way from now on--no negotiation! I am a PM away. I am not a WW, I am a calorie counter--but much of what I do falls in line with WW program. Welcome to 3FC.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 226/222/175

Height: 5'5"

Cheesehead - I've been teetering with re-joining ww and you have given me the motivation! I look forward to loosing weight with you - I have to remember when I have a 'bad day' it's not over!
kvackkvack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #13  

Hi everyone,

Been a tough couple of weeks getting started. We've been dealing with my husband's job loss for a month and half, trying to figure out what to do. looks like we figured that out, he's going to try his own business. And then my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a week ago, which is hard to deal with but much harder considering she has gone through a heart attack and bypass just 2 years ago. Just not a lot of options for her...

I have been exercising, i was able to do a mile in 19 mins. but the eating is not going well. I'm soo stressed out and feeling it physically and mentally.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #14  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there... things will get better and at least this is ONE thing you can control...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Hang in there... things will get better and at least this is ONE thing you can control...

Kira

I will try and keep that in mind. My weight and what I do about it is the only thing that I have a direct effect on. I will get it together, just need to push through all this mental stuff. Thanks!