Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 10:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Alternachat - October and Onwards

...or should I say "downwards"? This is the month I am going to lose weight! Enough farting around.

I cut back on the pain killers today - bad decision! Drugs are my friend! Maybe I'm hooked. I did a few bad moves with the wrist yesterday and felt a "pull". I've got the wrist brace on today to remind me that I am not to use it. I sure can still type but cooking and cleaning are out of the question.

Hershey has that smug look on her face that makes me think she really is preggers. She and Lucy are still tryi8ng to figure out who is the Alpha Dog. Little do they know that I am the Chief ***** around here!

I'm gonna sneak in a nap and hope that Harry takes the hint and gets lunch. I lkeft sheese, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and a recipe on the counter. Whaddaya think. eh?
Old 10-01-2002, 02:37 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Default Hey

Someone asked me in the break room this morning if I'd lost weight. I said yes, I had lost a few. She said, "It looks like it. " So what did I do? I went & got a Bacon Cheese BubbaBurger & some vanilla frozen custard for lunch. My throat hurts, so I wanted the custard, but damn, could not resist the urge for the cheeseburger when I'm feeling this lousy.

When it's raining, please drive w/your lights on. It was pouring & I could barely see some of the cars. The sun was shining, so like an idiot in the parking lot I was looking for the rainbow.

Good luck w/the wrist thing. Drugs are my good friend at night. Your lunch sounds yummy, I think I'm doing a veggie dinner to detox me from lunch.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:22 PM   #3  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies
I go to TOPS tonight and I actually got to sneak in a work out today. I did not think I was going to be able to, but got off work early , had lite lunch and headed to the gym. I really feel like I have lost this week. I have been doing well with my eating habits, drinking lots of water and of course working out like crazy. Feels so good to have someone say to you that you look good. Not sure if I looked like *hit before or not , but it is still nice to hear. Tonight is my treat night, after I get weighed in at TOPS I usually have something I have been thinking about wanting all week. So french fries look out tonight, just a small order though, and a chicken burger with no mayo. Now I am making myself hungry already so I better stop.
Suchaprettyface- dont be so hard on yourself. If you dont let yourself have a treat once a week than you will want to go back to your old habits of over eating and eating all the wrong foods, trust me I know all about it.
Virginia
Old 10-01-2002, 04:45 PM   #4  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!!!

I'm with you Ruth. I have NOT been doing well at all, and it is time to get going again. I haven't regained, but I haven't LOST anything for months!!!
LET'S GET GOING!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 05:09 PM   #5  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Den & Ruthxxx - Come girls you can do it!!!!!!! I gained weight (almost 10 lbs) before I really kicked myself and started lossing.

Ruthxxx - Did you wake up to a wonderful cooked lunch?

SuchAPrettyFace - I am with Virginia - eating something that you want once a week really does help cut back on over eating the rest of the week.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:14 PM   #6  

Thanks Squeak- I need all the encouragement (and butt kicking) I can get right now!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 05:43 PM   #7  
Cute & Fluffy

I will kick your butt anytime you want Den.

Hey does that count as exercise????

How are everyone's kiddos doing with school???
Old 10-01-2002, 05:48 PM   #8  

THANKS SQUEAK!!!! YES, it DOES count as exercise!!!

Kids and school...#1 (15) is doing well but is sick of it. #2 (12) is still being bullied, and is majorly anxious. He has come home "sick" three times, only one of which seemed necessary. That is PARTLY what has me bent out of shape.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:34 AM   #9  
the kid's counting on me!

My DD was having daily tantrums every morning and making me insane. She's doing better. We're getting her in bed earlier and she is adjusting to the schedule...she kept saying "I don't want to go to school" " I don't have to go to school" "just call them Mom and tell them I'm not coming today" as I said before she'd prefer to rest on the couch and watch tv all morning...hey why not? But, again she's adjusting and learning by leaps and bounds...reading a few words...looking so grown up and has her first loose tooth! thanks for asking squeaky-deek. Soozie
Old 10-02-2002, 08:30 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Um....time to cut way back the drugs! Woke up a half hour ago and had no idea where I was! I've only slept in this bedroom since 1985!

Harry had a tantrum this morning and he doesn't even have to go to school. Actually it was justified as one of the dogs pooped on the deck. I know it was Lucy because it's raining and she hates to get her feet wet on the grass! Guess who got to clean it up, crippled wrist and all. The girls are still power-struggling but things have eased up a bit.

Not going to do a damn thing this morning except put away laundry. Crazy weather - feels like summer but I need to switch over to fall clothes. I really need two complete closets and dressers so I don't need to go through this crap!

Oh yeah - hopped on the scale and am down to 206.5 - go figure! 2.5 pounds overnight? Must have been holding water but am also looking at it as part of my planned loss for October. No Dim Sum for a while, please - unless Ellis twists my arm!

HAve to go eat a high fiber breakfast alas! Catch you later.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:18 AM   #11  
Cute & Fluffy

Wouldn't twisting your arm be bad for your wrist???? (ok that was stupid, but it made me laugh.)
Old 10-02-2002, 09:45 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Smarty pants! I have two arms! Don't you? ROFLOLPIMP! and thumbing my nose south-westward across Lake Ontario!
Old 10-02-2002, 11:44 AM   #13  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

You mean I should schedule in a treat once a week, so as to keep myself on track, rather than beat myself up for "slipping"??? What an excellent idea! I really never though of it that way before. Booya! Thanks you guys!

I'm w/Soozie's daughter. I'd rather lay on the couch today & watch The Price is Right.

I'm having my AM snack, went to cut my apple, all the sharp knives are gone! So now I'm wondering a) who took them b) why were they taken and c) who have I pissed off lately.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:23 AM   #14  

Ms. PrettyFace - Hi!

Thanks for the laugh....

I think what's working better for me this time around is a psychological game I've had to play with myself. When I made out an eating plan (I follow a low carb diet), I added a snack in - something I could look forward to having each day - that wouldn't blow my carb count out of the water - so I have a treat, but it doesn't fall under the "cheating" category, so I still have a little something to look forward to each day without giving up and surrending to the god known as Ben and Jerrys

a grrl's gotta do what a grrl's gotta do

Ruth - wish I could find some low carb Chinese food around here..........missing the dim sum

terrigrrl -
Old 10-03-2002, 12:59 PM   #15  
Is it Friday yet?

I've missed you guys!!!!!!

I feel so lost and behind on everything!

Ok, I'm semi-back.... Ellis, no you did NOT make me mad by laughing at me!!! I thought it was pretty damned funny myself - even when I found out Monday just how bad I hurt myself...
My SI joint apparently was out again from falling and I'd been ignoring it - guess I shouldn't have. I haven't been able to sit, stand or lie down for the last 3 days without burning in my legs. It's getting better slowly... Oh, then I also got the flu on Sunday... Oooh, life is just a big ol' bucket o' :cencored: fun!!

Vacation starts next Tuesday - I'm hoping I can sit for the 8 hours it's going to take to drive to CA and get the **** outta' Oregon!

Ellis - yes, I live on a ranch, techincally. It was a working ranch for like a hundred years then in the late 60's they sold it to become residential - however, there are no "lots" smaller than 1 acre. I'm on 5 acres and can't even see any of my neighbors.

The Cowboy poetry night was a blast - even with one of the guys retelling a poem he wrote himself that was 10 minutes long about putting his horse down that he'd had from birth - everyone was crying. But it was fun otherwise - cowboys (the real ones that know what a cow actually looks like) are the funniest breed -saying "yes ma'am" to everything and such charmers!

Squeak - I agree with everyone here - you go, enjoy your visit with your boy and don't let that woman ruin it for you! It was great of him to give the choice to you.

01812 - Aaaah, wisdom teeth.... no problem. I had all 4 of mine removed when I was 12 - they were all impacted. They give good drugs, you just can't chew real good for awhile!

Soozie - Enjoy Disney!!! November is a great time to go

Terrrrri - Ya know, my ex husband used to get soooo pissed when I made plans with my friends. I think it was threatening to him that I "chose" to spend time with them and not him. Well, as my brother says "sucks from him".

Suchapretty - I do the "one meal a week" spurge and it works great! Give it a shot!

Well, time to go lie down and rest a bit... back again soon!!

Terri
Closed Thread