Old 04-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #1  

Default I Just.....

made my first order!

I'm so excited I could bust!

I ordered 4 boxes of breakfast foods, 4 boxes of soups/stew/chili, then a variety of other things to make sure I had enough to do 4 weeks. I also did the VIP account and got a free week.... and I got the blender and some of the free literature.

My friend who lives an hour away from me ordered and it took about a week to get his, so I'm assuming I won't get mine until next Friday/Saturday.... that'll be just in time for me to start the first full week in May.

I was sad because I made my order last night, then this morning I saw a good idea for the vanilla shakes, which I didn't order. I am a coffee addict and a half, but I gotta have creamer. Let me repeat.... GOTTA HAVE CREAMER!!!

I read that you could make the vanilla shake, use that as the creamer, then drink the rest after you've finished your coffee. You'd get a good creamer taste for your coffee with something you'd be drinking anyway thus no extra calories and no extra carbs.

Does anyone know if there is a set "package" they send to you for your free week's worth of food or do they base it on what you order? I can't find where it tells you "what" you get.... only that you get a free week now and a free week when the next order ships.... I'm hoping that it includes vanilla shakes.

I also got some really nice food scales and new measuring cups today. Now all I have to do is order my Skechers Shape Ups and grab groceries for my Lean and Greens when my Medifast arrives.
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5'8"

I am so excited for you!!! I can't make my order until payday, May 1st. I really want to get started and I'm going stir crazy!!! I can't wait to see how this works out for you!!! Be sure to let me know what you use for your lean and green meals...I think that's gonna be my hardest part.
JenAngel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #3  

Yeah.... I know how hard it is to want to be able to start but have to wait on payday or something! I've been waiting until hubby finished a job, which was supposed to happen Monday.... but rain is moving in, so I was looking at probably the end of the week. I was so sad. Then out of the blue, we got a bonus Friday so I was able to order it earlier. w00t!

I didn't think I would have much trouble with the L&G, but I've come up with as many things as I can and I'm just hoping that it won't become monotonous..... I didn't realize how many carrots, onions, potatoes, etc. I normally have...

Keep us posted about how it goes when you start..... good luck....
Old 04-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #4  

good luck to you kayecee!
i ordered mine on tuesday and it will arrive tomorrow (i tracked its progress and almost wanted to drive to missouri to meet the truck!). i can't WAIT to get started!!!
i am MOST nervous about the lean and green. i have done atkins so many times that i concocted the craziest and most unhealthy dinners full of fat. it caused me to continue that unhealthy way of eating after i lost the weight and was consuming far too many carbs to lose with. i am hoping that a plain piece of meat and a salad won't be too difficult. i am looking forward to reading what i can put in my salad dressings. i have been thinking of some vinaigrettes that i am looking forward to making.
thanks for the idea about the coffee in the vanilla shake. i will have to certainly try that one.
good luck to you!
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #5  

Thanks!

I feel better after realizing there are ways I can have my coffee.... and honestly, I'm not normally a big eater during the day as long as I have my coffee, I can go to work and not be ready to eat until 1... then I overcompensate at night....

And the older I get, the more I like sweets..... I really think with all of the shakes, pudding, bars and such, my sweet tooth will be satisfied....

I don't plan to have salad every day.... I got a steamer and I'm planning on cauliflower, broccoli, etc. And I love chicken broth.... yeah.... just plain old warm chicken broth.... I know I can drink some of it if I'm really hungry.... I also cook with broth a lot, so that helps to rev the flavor of chicken and such up....
Old 04-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #6  

yeah, my biggest problem is that i am a pastry chef. i am determined to make this work for me, but i gotta say... it ain't gonna be easy! i just need to stay strong and remember how miserable i feel with how i look.
and i love love LOVE your sig...
The only one who can stop me is me... and I can take her!!!
so true!
and... i just got my food! if i would have known it was going to come this early i might have started today but maybe it is better to start tomorrow anyway.
i am also going to start going to sleep earlier so that i can walk in the morning before anyone wakes up. i know that they say not to over exercise, but i really am more concerned with how i look and not so much with what my scales say.
good luck!
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

I've tried Medifast in the past but at the time I guess I just wasn't commited to staying on the program.I want to try again but the money is just not there right now.I'm counting calories but I feel like I'm more in control on Medifast.There are some great things you can do with the foods.I was adding diet rootbeer to the vanilla shake instead of water for a rootbeer float taste.It helped me overcome the sugar cravings.Also if you like coffee you could add instant to the shakes for a iced cofee smoothy.

Reading your post has made me realize that I am ready now for this program and I'm going to cut my spending elsewhere to get the money to do this.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #8  
Winning the losing game

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
I've tried Medifast in the past but at the time I guess I just wasn't commited to staying on the program.I want to try again but the money is just not there right now.I'm counting calories but I feel like I'm more in control on Medifast.There are some great things you can do with the foods.I was adding diet rootbeer to the vanilla shake instead of water for a rootbeer float taste.It helped me overcome the sugar cravings.Also if you like coffee you could add instant to the shakes for a iced cofee smoothy.

Reading your post has made me realize that I am ready now for this program and I'm going to cut my spending elsewhere to get the money to do this.

The cost of Medifast seems to be an issue with a lot of folks. What about the cost that the extra weight has been on us? This program is only temporary after all, then we transition out to "normal" foods (not french fries, big macs, fat, fat and more fat).

Medifast is working great for me and my wife...now my grown daughter. You just have to really want to lose your weight and keep it off. The cost of getting to my goal? Who cares, I'm doing it!
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebigtex View Post
The cost of Medifast seems to be an issue with a lot of folks. What about the cost that the extra weight has been on us? This program is only temporary after all, then we transition out to "normal" foods (not french fries, big macs, fat, fat and more fat).

Medifast is working great for me and my wife...now my grown daughter. You just have to really want to lose your weight and keep it off. The cost of getting to my goal? Who cares, I'm doing it!
You are so right.That is why I am going to cut back my spending elsewhere to do this.I buy way to many clothes for my kids and never do anything for me.They are just going to have to have enough clothes and not too many.I'm going to return some clothes I bought my son on my day off.He has more than 30 short outfits and he's only 17 months old.My health is much more important than wearing namebrand clothes.So I'm not taking from anyone if I do this.But if I don't do it I may be taking their mother away.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Height: 5'7"

About the creamer, I am totally the same way. I have to have creamer with my coffee. If you eat a leanest meat (shrimp, egg whites, etc.) you get 2 healthy fats. If you eat a leaner meat (chicken breast) you get one. There are many options for healthy fats, but one is half and half (2 Tbsp). I use that and add a packet of Splenda for Coffee (1 condiment).
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #11  

raygunclan... A pastry chef? OUCH! *hug* I'll be sending extra good vibes your way.... and thanks for the complement on the sig....

As far as exercise goes, I was going to order some Skechers Shape Ups sandals and tennis shoes... but one of the other teachers in the lounge told me about Fit Flops from Bath and Body Works today... they're about 10 bucks cheaper than the Shape Ups sandals, so I'm going to give them a whirl first.... I'm going to follow the program's recommendations and am not going to do any extra walking for the first 2 weeks, but I figure my legs and butt can go ahead and start getting toned with the little I do now...

luvmy3.... yeah... I can't follow WW or SB or anything because I can't be trusted with all of the counting.... with this, I think I'll feel more in control because the decisions will be taken away for a bit... by the time I get to maintenance, my taste buds should be weaned off all the sugar and fat, so hopefully I'll be able to transition smoothly... I sure hope you can find the money if this is what you want... I know the feeling... I've been waiting to start for a couple of weeks...

littlebigtex... you're so right... I figure that the money I'll save by not going out to eat so often can pay for my Medifast...

jean2299... see.. I HATE half and half.... I like instant.... I can do some of the flavored liquid creamers, so I'm hoping the vanilla shake will taste like that to me... if not, I'll try the Splenda creamers that someone mentioned....
Old 05-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #12  

I got my food last night and started today!

The morning got off to a rough start. I didn't get any vanilla shakes like I had hoped in my free week of meals. So I took a vanilla pudding with me thinking that perhaps I could use it for creamer instead. I dropped a teeny smidge in my coffee first to test it and it clumped right away, so I knew that idea was out. Instead, I mixed the pudding up and let it set while I taught my class for a few minutes. I'm not a fan of vanilla pudding anyway, but this stuff made me gag. I'll be sending it back.

I was starving to death by the time I was supposed to eat again. This is REALLY unusual for me. I like to drink my coffee in the morning and I'm NEVER hungry until my lunch time. I have more of a tendency to eat at night. Do you guys think it would be ok for me to just drink my coffee and not worry about a MF meal then? I could save it and double up at lunch or have it later in the day if I get hungry. I know it says that you shouldn't skip breakfast, but I don't wanna eat if it's going to make me starve to death by lunch.

The vegetable stew and garden crackers were for lunch. It filled me up surprisingly well. I had a lemon meringue crunch bar a few hours later. Little gritty in texture, but not bad tasting.

I forgot about running errands after school and I really should have taken another meal with me. I'll remember tomorrow. I still wasn't too hungry by the time I got home, but was edging over into that territory, so I played it smart and grabbed a rotisserie chicken. As soon as I hit the door, I grabbed cauliflower and broccoli from the freezer and nuked them... weighed out my chicken and voila! One quick and easy Lean and Green!

I'll confess..... I did eat the skin.

I still have two meals to go. I'll be having a chocolate shake in a few hours and a hot cocoa just before I go to bed. I've walked about 10 minutes in my TheraSandals just to get me going a bit and I've gotten all of my water.

Overall, I can't believe how easy this was. The morning was a flop, but it got better from there. I'm not hungry at all.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #13  

I know I'm not supposed to, but I just got my 4th meal down and I'm going to bed. I'm full and I can't drink/eat anything else. I'm in complete shock that I don't want anything else.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Default on the road again...

OK Everybody...

I just started MF on Friday. I did awesome on Friday (just a bit of a headache) and did great on Saturday (a bit tired and still had a headache) but I SCREWED UP ROYALLY on Sunday Today I am doing pretty good. I made the spinach fritata mentioned in the lean & greens...it was really good...and it made A LOT. I am finding old habits really hard to break!! I am working on my Master's degree and normally when I do research, I grab some munchies and go to town...now I'm working on a vanilla shake blended with da vanci kahlua and ice. I am not even going to say that I will take it one day at a time...at this point, I will have to take it one hour at a time!!! Changing my habits is most definitely going to be the hardest part!!!
JenAngel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #15  

JenAngel7.... I started Friday too! I need to try that spinach fritata.. sounds good...

Surprisingly, I get to "snack" so often with this that I haven't been tempted... I've survived my favorite Mexican restaurant, 2 pizza deliveries, and my birthday....

I am gonna DEFINITELY be ordering more of those peanut butter crunches! It's been really hard to limit myself to one crunch bar per day....