View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #12
gma22

Good morning to you all! We are tackling the run amok deck this morning and at least get it under control. Since I had surgery this time last year, we haven't worked on it since the year before. I did get out last fall after the leaves fell and blew them out for the landscaping service to pick up, but we need to blow what is left out, trim the two bushes, I sprayed the weed/wild flower with weed kill and will get it pulled out and then wash down the deck. I want to buy a new patio set except for a table so I am not putting any patio stuff out this year. Our table sits out year round. It is a round glass one and is in great shape and no need to be replaced. I just need new chairs and cushions and a new umbrella to match.

Susan: I was getting ready to make up my grocery list for the next two weeks so looked at recipes for asparagus that I thought Jack would like. I found this one that seems to be low in calories and looks tasty. I would think you could even just spray the asparagus with olive oil spray instead of using olive oil to cut calories/fat. Seems it is basically for the roasting and to make spices adhere. I have never had jicama, but I actually like turnips mashed sort of like mashed potatoes. That is the only way I have ever had them. I love beets and plan on getting some of them, though canned as Jack won't eat them (I did try to get him to try them but he is not veggie friendly yet!lol) I am going to look for the ww bagels and cream cheese at Walmarts and see if I can find smoked salmon somewhere to have a change up for breakfast. I eat mostly cereal or yogurt and toast. I did get my yarn and it is a much deeper yellow color with richer sort of deep butter tones. So, I decided to jazz the throw up a bit and I am putting these cute buttons on each corner of the throw and if I get time, I am going to make a pillow to match. I also increased the size just a smidge so it is more like 60"

Roasted Asparagus, Mushrooms and Onions:
Ingredients
8 ounces asparagus, trimmed
5 1/3 ounces mushrooms, thickly sliced
1/3 medium red onion, sliced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
garlic powder, to taste
shredded parmesan cheese, to taste
Directions
1Heat oven to 425F.
2Line a 10 x 15 inch rimmed baking sheet with foil.
3Place vegetables in pan and sprinkle with olive oil and toss until covered evenly.
4Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
5Roast 10 minutes, stir, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and roast an additional 10 to 15 minutes until vegetables are slightly charred and tender.

Jean: It was near 90 here yesterday. We went out to run an errand yesterday around noon and it was so warm we had to close the sunroof because it was beating down on us and I was afraid of getting sunburned. I am so glad it has turned warm now. As for the kids clothing, Memphis City schools have uniforms and county schools have a dress code and I know that the elementary is pretty enforced. This way at least the boys are wearing gang stuff and the girls aren't falling out of their clothing.

Maggie: I have got to mess with my bread machine. It is brand new and so far, I haven't been able to get it to work properly. I had a panasonic one and loved it but it finally went kaput early last year. I bought this one and have yet to have a loaf of bread come out correctly or at least the dough as I like to make my own loaves of bread or rolls.

Well gals, I need to get morning chores accomplished and get to knitting. You all have a great day!
Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lm4222.jpg (5.5 KB, 2 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote