South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:09 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Wonderful Weekend on the Beach Chat

Good morning Chicks I'm about to head off to the coast with birding gear and bike but wanted to wish you all a pleasant Saturday

I've got my meals and snacks planned and lots of exercise on the agenda. I hope the bugs haven't figured out the spring thing yet!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Enjoy your day, Cyndi. We have a great one starting here too. I plan to be outside a lot today once I stoke up with more coffee. I'm feeling just a tad under the weather from too much wine last night but will recover.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!

It's supposed to be a beautiful day here as well....darned it, I have to work!

Cyndi - I am envious! Enjoy!

Ruth - Hope you feel better with the coffee.

Me - off to work. whoopee! Then, we're taking Matt out for lunch afterwards, since it's his last weekend in town before he moves. Work has been a bit rough for me lately, and he's the one thing that's kept me hanging in there. I'm not sure how it will go without him!!

Afterwards, probably enjoy the day with children!

ENJOY!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A gorgeous day is on tap here, too.

I woke up with a raging headache, but I'm hoping coffee will take care of it before I resort for the Advil. It's not helping that Jake has the TV blaring. I've had him turn it down twice already!
We have to stay home this morning and wait for Verizon to come install our FIOS. It may be a good day for me to wash windows and curtains since I have to be here all day.

Happy birding, Cyndi!

I hope you start feeling better after some coffee and breakfast, Ruth.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:28 AM   #5  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Cottage - Ooooo FIOS!!! I can't wait until our town gets it...I HATE Comcast but it's either them or no TV. Can't get an antenna signal here and it's too windy for a dish (unless you like to be up there adjusting it all the time. NOT!

Cyndi - Happy birding. I've never gone birding. I do have a lot of different feeders out back so I guess I do some birding...from my window. It's almost Baltimore oriole season here...gotta buy some oranges (have the grape jelly already) and make up my syrup for the oriole feeder.

Ruth - I remember those mornings. Unfortunately it was usually a ton of carby things that fixed it (that & a LOT of diet coke). I'm sure some of my poundage is due to those mornings. At least you are doing a beachy recovery...hope you recover soon.

Twynn - enjoy your lunch. It's sad when people leave esp. if they were key to your "sanity" in the workplace.

Me - Planning to do LOTS of yard work today. It's going to be in the 80s!!! I'm so out of shape that my LOTS of work would probably take an in-shape person a couple of hours; a young, buff guy a half hour

I also have to finish changing over the kitchen & bathroom curtains. I have naked windows...for like three days now.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited by mizski; 04-25-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
My hair dye will ding in 2 min so this is Quick!
Cyn your day sounds wonderful color me envious too
Ruth Feel better!
Tammy Enjoy Lunch with Matt and the Post work relaxation
Cottage Do you have Allergies? it's a hellish weekend for Pollen Let us know how you like the fios!
I have Safe Kids day today and I've been working on this for 6 months!! I'm really excited!
I got a nice complement from DH yesterday. . .I've been Detoxing from stress eating this week and he said to me Wow your stomach got smaller!
If he wasn't recovering from his tooth I would have grabbed him and smooched the daylights out of him!!!
Doh! Stick a for in me I'm done!!
Have a Great day!
Kierie
Old 04-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #7  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all i woke up to a thunderstorm this morning (means the mushrooms will be popping up) my mom always says you need a thunderstorm to shake up the ground. unfortunately its also to wet to get out in the woods til the rain stops. anyway, i'm off to run on the treadmill.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #8  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Happy Saturday! Lots on the to-do list today. No way it is all happening, but I'll do my best. Working full time is cutting into my errand time! :-) I was hoping to paint my bedroom today, but since I don't even have the paint yet, I don't see thatg happening. Busy weekend ahead of us, busy weekends ahead of us too. Trying to plan all the chores I need done by the end of May. Kids birthday party is then and my yard needs some serious work. DH is on vacation next week Monday and Tuesday, hopefully he'll get a lot done.
Enjoy your day, whatever you do!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Cyndi enjoy your birding

Ruth I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Twynn hope you have a good time at the luncheon and enjoy your afternoon

Cottage hope your headache goes away soon

Mizski good luck with all the yard work hope you get it done just think of all the calories you will be burning

Kierie- Hope you hair color turns out great. I am too chicken to dye my hair afraid it will turn out bad so I just pluck the grays but it is harder to keep up with.

Met4life- Hope you have a good run.

As for me woke up this morning ready to go- did a 40 minute work out and today is day 1 of Phase 1 for me. I updated my sticker so it is not lying and so I am more accountable Then cleaning house and this afternoon we can enjoy the afternoon outside.

Have a good day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 04-25-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Cyndi - How I envy you I love the coast. Enjoy.

Ruth - sometimes it worth feeling a little under just to have a bit of wine.

Cottage - enjoy your day hanging around the house.

Mitzi - take it easy on the clean up, no point being sore for the next few days.

Ko - enjoy you Safe Kids day and give DH a hug anyway.

me4life - that's the way to do it, get the exercise over early in the morning. Do as I say but not as I do, ha, ha,

Jenskihere - wow, you are one busy woman but if you have the energy go for it.

Me - I was going to work in my garden but dark clouds are coming. I think I will go out for a while and when it starts raining I'm off to a Knitters Fair.

Sophie
Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #11  
sophie

Oh, I missed Twynn - have a nice time today and maybe you can keep in touch with Matt by phone.
Pearlrose - willpower dust for your phase 1
Sophie
Old 04-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning, All!

Cydni, have fun birding.

Ruth, too much wine -- my favorite!

Twynn, enjoy the weekend with the kiddos.

Cottage, Washing windows is bad for a headache. Napping is good.

Mizki -- We had a gorgeous guy show up at my office this week wanting to cut the grass. I would have loved to watch that! Wonder if he would have taken his shirt off for an extra $5.

KO -- DS got mad at me this week and yelled, "Well, YOU look like a TEENAGER!" He got smooched.

Me4Life -- Never heard that about thunder, but we had a storm and there are mushrooms everywhere!

Jenski -- Weekends are precious to me now, too. I never appreciated them enough.

Pearl -- I need to fix my ticker, too.

Sophie -- Enjoy your fair!

Me: I haven't even showered yet! But my house is all clean and pine sol-y. We're fixing to go outside and play. It's so beautiful! Love it!

I made the spinach cheese squares from the "Veggie of the Week - Spinach" discussion. YUM! You should try it!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Hi gals I'm home. I've checked for ticks,showered (shampooed 3 times, yes it was necessary) and fed and I'm feeling relatively human again Who knew it was going to be so darned hot?! What a perfect day to be at the coast. It didn't feel nearly as hot there and we had a wonderful time. I biked 12 miles, not bad for my first real outing this year. We are seriously thinking of playing again tomorrow and fitting chores in evenings this week. It's hard to resist this weather and the migrating birds.

Twynn - that's how I feel about my bf being laid off. I can't imagine being there without her. Hope you got outside with the kids this afternoon.

Cottage - Did the coffee drive the headache away? I got a call at the Island from my Mom. They got the dog I found for them last night! I can't wait to meet him, he looks sooo cute.

Mizski - I love birding Cape Cod. Lots of birds stop there that don't stop anywhere else around here.

Kierie - Hope your day was everything you hoped and better

Me & Jen

Pearl - Here's to a successful and helpful Phase 1!

Sophie - It's one of the things I love about where we live. Within 3 hours I can be at rocky or sandy coast, I can be in the mountains in half an hour or in other mountains in a couple of hours, and there are lots of lakes and rivers to swim in. If I liked cities I could even be in Boston, Albany, or Hartford in less than three hours. All that and it's peaceful, scenic, and very colorful here
Did you get much garden time in?

Chelby - Now I feel like more of a slacker. We vacuumed and spot cleaned so we could go play. I am definitely going to try those squares this week.

I think I've earned a glass of wine now
Old 04-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #14  
sophie

Oh Cyndi I know you are in Shangri La. Both DH and I are from Montreal and we have spent many happy days in the eastern states. Its a bit of a drive from here but we try to go at least once a year. Camping for us now is very civil and we love the KOA in Lake Placid.
Sophie
going to watch PBS - Keeping Up Appearance, Waiting for God and Vicar of Dibley with a glass of wine. Very exciting Saturday nights.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Sophie - The Adirondack Park has a special place in my heart and will always feel like home. I've camped in at least 2/3 of the state parks there. I think we need a trip this summer
My parents just discovered The Vicar of Dibley via Netflix and absolutely love it!
Closed Thread