General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Is it just me?

Ok, so I went to VS today to buy some new undies, 5 for $25 is an awesome deal right? so I go in there and find the style I like but I only see XS and S, as I stand there, looking around, looking a little lost, several employees walk by and say nothing. One thing though, one of the employees is doing some paper work a few feet away, IT WAS A MAN!!! I was really weirded out, I mean its one thing if a guy is standing there looking for something for his woman, still makes me a little uncomfortable but i understand. While I did want some help, I seriously would not have discussed my panty size with a guy, didn't like doing it with him standing in ear shot either. Oh and I did see 3 employees all over this cute tiny young girl, but not me. Also, when someone did finally ask if I needed something they went to the back to 'check' and never came back. I waited 15 min, finally someone else asked me if I needed anything and they used their little head set to find who might have been trying to help me. She then tells me, sorry, they couldnt find anything you were looking for. Just a huge waste of my time, I was so irritated. I know I should have just went to Fredericks, they are always extremely helpful, even if there is just 1 employee in there, they are on top of trying to help everyone. Anyone have a VS experience like me?
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #2  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Oh man. What a bad VS experience. I am not sure how yours is laid out, but we have a bureau-sort of thing, drawers full of the undies. Are you saying all those drawers were empty? Oh my goodness, if so. I've never had any problems with Not having my size at all... only if I had wanted a certain color or pattern, but usually find others I like in other colors/patterns.

I'd call the store and ask them when their deliveries came in, that way, the next time you go, you'd expect to have your size. I'd also tell them, that you weren't asked for help, and when you finally found someone to help, she left to look and never came back and that the one who did try to help wasn't much of any help at all.
Bummer that you had that experience... I hope the next time you go to VS you luck out.

I haven't been a fan of Fredrick's as they usually aren't that helpful. Funny how it changes from store to store and area to area.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You know, for the scenario you describe, I have not shopped there. I still haven't done it. I have been tempted but a couple of times I went in and had such bad experiences (when I was larger) that it still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Lots of places to buy pretty panties and bras! Don't need the attitudes.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I find they are so rude honestly- they act like they are rodeo drive and unless you fit into a small or XS they don't care about you.

Once I went in there and waited with no help so finally I started pulling open the drawers and making a mess (lol yes I'm bad) THEN they went over to help me and I said "I've been waiting for someone to help me so now I'm going to help myself."

They've changed their underwear anyways I don't like it like I used to- haven't bought a new pair from there in like 2 years, I just go to other stores now.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #5  
Workin' It

Hey Willow - Target makes underwear virtually identical to the VS cotton styles and sells them for $5 for $15.

People at VS are often rude to me, too. I think it is in their business model. That and the Bare Minerals store.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #6  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i have never had a problem with the VS in my town. although i do order from them online alot. the only time i go to the store is for a sizing or when i want to find something on a whim. or want to try on a different style. and i really do not like going to the mall that they are in either LOL
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I don't think VS associates are rude per se, but I don't think they are well-trained. They're just trained to sell sell sell. I love their panty sales though.

I think companies like VS are difficult to work for due to their selling policies.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #8  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I can't stand VS.

I'll never forget I went in there to look for some lingerie for my wedding night. I was just minding my own business, and this woman comes up to me and is like "I can see your bra strap! You need a bra fitting!" and she basically orders me to go to the fitting room, and immediately calls someone on her head set to go fit me for a bra. No lie, I had to sneak out of there when she wasn't looking, and escape through the perfume section to get out. I wasn't there for a bra, I didn't ask for her help, and honestly, because she was so pushy, they didn't get a lingerie sale.

I love Fredericks. Personally, besides them being nicer, I think all their stuff is cuter anyways.

But maybe that's just me.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 286.6/273.5/150

Height: 5'4"

OMG how rude! Reminds me of my visit to a popular bridal store last year. I went in to buy a bridesmaid dress and the three little twits working up front look at me like I have two heads between my shoulders. None of them made a move to help me right away, they all hesitated. I stand there waiting and finally one of them asked real snotty like if they could help me. When I told her I was looking for a bridesmaid dress, she said, "i'm not sure if we have anything in your size"! She then calls someone from the back to help me!

The girl who came from the back was chubbier than the other girls, so I guess she figured a chubby girl should have more experience with searching for chubby girl clothing. While this girl was helpful, I did not feel welcome in the store and decided not to purchase there. I just recently got married and needed to buy a wedding dress. Didn't get it from there! I will never set foot in another DB.

It's a shame what happened to you. Jerks!
SweetMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #10  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoonRabbit View Post

I love Fredericks. Personally, besides them being nicer, I think all their stuff is cuter anyways.

But maybe that's just me.
I personally prefer Frederick's over VS too - for a few different reasons...Frederick's carries plus sizes (hey, plus size girls like lingerie too!) and VS doesn't...and I noticed that the VS's here don't carry XL's anymore...

And I've never had a bad experience with sales people at Fredericks...

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 04-24-2009 at 08:44 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

i ended up getting some new undies from Fashion Bug, 4 for 18. I didn't need any sexy undies, just some everyday ones. At VS i was looking for some boyshorts, in a medium. The ones from FB are so comfy, can't even tell I have them on. While I was waiting at VS, I was glancing around at the bras(in the drawers) not a single DDD of F just DD. One down side to FB is I bought my bathing suit there and bought a tankini 2 piece, well in bottoms, I can where a 10 but needed a 14 in the top9darn boobs....lol) so I settled on a 12. Not the most flattering fit for my chest but oh well.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
I don't think VS associates are rude per se, but I don't think they are well-trained. They're just trained to sell sell sell. I love their panty sales though.

I think companies like VS are difficult to work for due to their selling policies.
Agreed! I've worked my share of clothing retail jobs, and some are much more customer-focused than others, and it comes through in the way that the employees treat you. (Edited to add: this is obviously a generalization.. one could be great at customer service without training, or terrible even with training. And some customers prefer a more hands-off approach and probably LOVE shopping at VS!)

Only once have I had a GOOD experience with an employee at VS. I usually order stuff online because of that. (Although, since they changed the style of their cotton underwear, oh, 4-5 years ago?.. I don't really buy much from them anymore.)

I've never seen a man working in a VS, that is sort of crazy, I think a lot of people would be uncomfortable with that! I wouldn't care, myself, I think women are much harsher judges of each other than men. I wonder if he was part of the corporate staff, just there checking things out or whatnot... was he wearing a suit?

Last edited by mayness; 04-24-2009 at 09:58 PM.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:01 AM   #13  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

i usually get completely ignored when i go into stores, i figure it's because of my size. the only time anyone even looks up to notice me is in the plus sized stores- and they don't usually have lingerie.

i usually leave stores angry though- after having worked retail for a long time i guess i expect the kind of service that i gave and when i don't get it i get mad! online shopping is the way to go. or outlet shopping - at least when i go to an outlet i know i'm going to be ignored. lol
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I don't know how they choose who to look after. I was wearing size four at 123 lbs the last time I got ignored in VS.

I think my favourite story is this ... I did get a gal's attention and told her what I was after. She said "This is the very sexy stuff, you'll want to go look back there."
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I think my favourite story is this ... I did get a gal's attention and told her what I was after. She said "This is the very sexy stuff, you'll want to go look back there."
LOL... she could have phrased that a lot better!!! If it makes you feel any better, and you didn't already know, "Very Sexy" is one of their lines of products, just like "Body By Victoria" and "Angels" and whatnot. She probably just realized what you were looking for wasn't in that line of products. I bet (hope, anyway) that if she realized what it sounded like, she's be very embarrassed, lol.

Last edited by mayness; 04-25-2009 at 08:23 AM.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote