South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Cluck-In

Good morning. There's a glorious sunrise this morning which bodes well for the weekend. It was too darned cold to do outside stuff yesterday but this morning is looking good.

I plan to be home this morning and am expecting Donna for a wee visit. She broke her ankle last weekend - badly! - and can't come to clean but says she misses the dogs. I guess I should vacuum before she gets here so she will think I'm coping.

Around noon I will leave for town to return the frumpy dress I bought on Wednesday and then will go to the nursing home for their memorial service. I am supposed to speak about Harry and have a small speech prepared but think I may just read one of his favourite poems instead. The service will be followed by tea and goodies but I will resist! There's a Church dinner/meeting tonight which will present further temptations but I'm taking a dip and veggies so should be OK.

If it's hot where you are, drink that water. We are going to have record breaking temps this weekend and there is still snow in the woods. Silly weather! I wonder of Mother Nature is going into menopause. I'll ask her next time I spot her in the woods.

Have a great Friday.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Mother Nature in menopause! That seems to wrap it up perfectly, Ruth. The weather sure is wacky, that's for sure. We have frost this morning but are supposed to get into the 70s this afternoon, with record-breaking 87* temps for the weekend.

My day isn't as exciting as Ruth's. We'll probably pack a picnic to enjoy on a nature walk, and we have to bake brownies for a dinner party tonight. We'll most likely spend most of the day outdoors.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:01 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers I'm about to head out to yoga on this glorious day to be (still quite nippy!).

Ruth - perfect description! Seems like last fall we went from warm to freezing and we are going the other way now. I like the transitional temps but will adjust.

Cottage - I really miss working directly with kids when the days turn nice. I will be staring longingly out my window most of the day. Enjoy the nature walk!

I will try to stop by later. I lost all my saved passwords at work so am recreating them today (3fc was the most important one!). Have a good day Chicks
Old 04-24-2009, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Ruth - menopause indeed! I can't believe it'll be over 80 tomorrow....what is THAT?!?!

Cottage - enjoy your outside day. It should be beautiful today!

Cyndi - agreed...3 FC is the most important!

Me - work 2-7 today. Today is matt's bday....I made him brownies last night, and LOL! I'm so paranoid about OVER cooking them, that I tend to UNDER cook them! So, off to do something else. I also plan a run (hoping to go up to 6 miles today).

Since I'm not moving, I'm going to try and see my parents in FL next weekend. I recently felt saucy, and will probably try to bring DD if tickets aren't outrageous. I think maybe she'll make my daddy think of me when I was little. DS, on the other hand, will have a major meltdown I'm sure. I don't want to pull him out of school again though, so he'll wait his turn.

Hope y'all have a GREAT friday!!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:46 AM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning ladies it is supposed to be 75 out today and i'm stuck on the couch with cramps...lol already took some motrin and waiting for it to kick in. hoping to get stuff done around the house cause i start my new job monday. i'm expecting sore legs since i haven't had to stand that long since last may.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. It's tie-up-loose-ends-Friday here. We've got a busy weekend ahead and won't be around much. Tomorrow is our annual Day at Hershey Park. Sunday is DD's piano recital and a family birthday party. I got a jump on my cleaning and laundry yesterday, hope to finish getting it all caught up today, along with work loose ends.
Ha, Ruth, Mother Nature must be the same age as me!
cottage, enjoy this glorious day outdoors. I forgot to bring in my seedlings last night and we had a frost warning, so I hope they're okay.
Twynn, please wish Matt a happy birthday from the 3fc chicks. I looove undercooked brownies.
Have a lovely day Cyndi. Wine party tonight?

I had the saddest night last night. DD had her dance class, and from the parking lot where I wait for her you can see the house where that Wood family murder-suicide happened last week. I took a book to read but couldn't concentrate on it, as it has been exactly a week and I couldn't stop thinking about what was going on in that house a week ago. The house is about buried in flowers and stuffed animals now, and there are ribbons all through the town and businesses draped in black. You can just feel the grief throughout the whole town, they are totally in shock there. I didn't know the family, but a cousin of those kids is friends with my girls. You hear about these things on the news all the time, but when it is right up the street, it really has an impact. I keep thinking about DD's friend, she is getting ready to graduate, go to prom, go away to college, but now her senior year will always be remembered as the year her cousins' family was murdered. How do you ever get past that? Anyway, at dusk, people started to gather for a candlelight vigil, so I went over and joined them for a while. Just unbelievable...
Old 04-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #7  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Friday!!!

Ruth - Glad to hear you're returning a frumpy dress....we don't want you looking frumpy. You need to look keen

Cottage - Enjoy your time outdoors today!!!

Cyndi - Bummer about the passwords, I hope you're able to get everything figured out!

Twynnb - Good luck getting your run in!

Me4life - Hope you feel better

Schmoodle - That's so sad. But I kind of know what they're all going through. A while back my family suffered a similar type of tragedy, but somehow we managed to pull closer and move beyond. Continue to pray for peace for them!

Me - On Demand is STILL not working. I'm a bit perturbed this morning because of it. And then the scale is not cooperating. AND AF decided to show up late last night. This is really not the way I wanted to start the weekend. Hopefully my attitude will improve when I get to work.
Today we're having an all school Community Service Project where we're going to a historical site and helping them landscape and such. I'm hoping it's a lot of fun and that the kids get the importance of giving back. Then tonight we're going to dinner with friends.
Have a great Friday, Ladies!!
BLESSINGS!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Schmoo *hug*
Cyn I'm stuck inside today too but Lunchtime is MINE!
m4 maybe getting out in the sunshine will help?
Twyn What a nice get away. . .undercooked brownies mmmm
Ruth LOL! can we keep the hot flashes tho?
Cottage your day sounds great!
I'm proud of myself this morning! I started to get head hungry last night and LEft the Kitchen!!! maybe lady night tonight not sure
our big Kids day even is tomorrow!!! Safe kids day be a buddy not a bully (its my slogan!) so excited!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #9  
sophie

Good Morning

Ruth - enjoy your drive to return the dress. The countryside must be beautiful right now.
Cottage - Enjoy your picnic. Bet the girls just love it.
Cyndi - Yoga should make your day go right.
Twynn - hope you can go to Florida. Grandparents visit is important. I know because I am one.
Schmoodles - enjoy your very busy weekend. Its really sad to hear such tragedy. My prayers are for the remaining family.
I will post pictures of the wedding shawl when I get it back.
me4life - I hope you have a good pair of shoes for you new job.
Heather - Hope you and the kids have fun today and have a nice dinner.

me - had to go out and buy a new vacuum cleaner. I was vacuuming yesterday with my 27 year old central vac and accidentally sucked up a quarter. DH was in the basement and came running up because there was a very loud crash. The pipe burst and it would mean taking down walls to fix it. So I got one at Sears that ihas HEPA and hope I like it. There are just too many handyman projects going on here to add another one.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ruth: Poor Donna! I hope her ankle heals up quickly! I hope everyone has a wonderful time of remembrance at the memorial. Resist those treats!

Cottage: I would love to join you and the girls for what sounds like a perfect day! Enjoy your time outside!

Cyndi: Losing passwords is no fun! I'm glad you were able to get back on and create a new one. I've had to create new accounts before. I hope you're enjoying yoga!

Twynn: Tell Matt happy bday for us! Too bad to hear that you're not moving, but I hope you get to make that trip to FL instead.

me4life: I didn't get to tell you before, but congrats on the new job! I'm sure you're looking forward to being back at work. I hope you have a productive day and that the cramps subside soon.

Schmoodle: What a sad situation. I pray for comfort and healthy grieving for the family and your community. I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on any book with the house in my sights, either.

Heather: What a great way to get the kids involved in the community! I hope it lifts your spirits. And if it doesn't, maybe you just need a crabby weekend. Sometimes we all do and we shouldn't be judged for it.

Me: Not much going on here. DH and I have nothing planned for the weekend, so I'm going to enjoy that. I do have to run up to the church to prep my SS class, but it should only take 30 min. or so as it's a "light" lesson. Tonight I'm going to get a few things done after workout and dinner, but mostly I plan on watching another Cirque du Soleil dvd and finally finishing that prayer shawl I've been working on.

Eating has been good and workouts have been better this week. I'm already seeing a loss for the week on the Wii Fit, but I don't rely on that, so we'll see what the scale says on Sunday.

ETA: , KO and Sophie! I hope you both have a wonderful Friday!!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 04-24-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning! Today is going to be beautiful! Yay! I'm supposed to be off at noon today, but my 'replacement' says she has a migraine. She's laying on the couch in the study, talking on her cell phone. If she says she's too sick to answer phones, I may go postal on her.

Auston had his first TBall game last night. He was so excited! He really did a good job and paid attention. Wow! I wish I knew how to put pictures on here. I have some great ones.

Hope you get to start celebrating the weekend today!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #12  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Morning girls!
Today is day #2 of the new job. Yesterday I had to go into the office for "training" and to get my laptop up and running. Today is my first full day from home. So far, so good! Still trying to iron out the new schedule... adjustment for all of us. I have to tell you a cute thing DS said. He asked me, "Do you have to work on Saturday?" I said "No...". He said, "How about Sunday?" I said, "No...". He said, "Just on school days?" I said, "Yep!" He said, "So you can play on the weekends?" I said, "Yep!" He replied, "SWEET!". How cool is that??

Dh is sticking to his word about helping more with the kids, today he made lunch for DS, first time all year! He is handling the wake up, dressing for school, drop off, etc. He is struggling, but following thru. In no time, it should be routine, I hope!!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 04-24-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Heather, I had no idea. I'm so sorry, I hope I did not stir up anything painful for you. You are a very positive and happy person, so it's good to know the family can find peace someday.
The funerals are today and this place is crawling with news vans from everywhere. The Westboro Baptist Church (aka religious loonies from the midWest) plan to protest at the funeral - apparently this is God punishing Maryland for its siins. They protest at a lot of military funerals all over the country. I hope for the family's sake that things stay peaceful. Folks around here are pretty upset about it.
It will be good when all this is over.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-24-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

We have religious nuts around here who protest at military funerals. What's that about? There is a bike club of burly looking dudes who stand in front of the protesters at the funerals so the family doesn't have to see them. I'm thankful for the military hero and the burly dudes.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Wherever there are Zealots of any sort they have to tell someone that they're wrong and will suffer for it!
Here's to the Heroes Military, Police, Firefighters Assorted Bikers! And Everyday peeps who won't take Crazy ppl Crap!!
Closed Thread