Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #1  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Default my knee hurts...

ok this is my first time with hurting knee. I have been practicing 3.1 miles every day. I am on week 3 now. That is running 3 mins, walking 3 mins and so on. That evening i noticed i started having pain on my left knee - not on the top, but somewhere BETWEEN top and inner side. Kinda like under knee cap. I tryed to google and couldnt find anything but Runner's knee pain.

- It hurts to the touch
- it doesnt hurt to raise my leg if my foot is 90 degreese... BUT it hurts so much when i try to raise my leg up with my foot (toes) pointing down. That is the main discomfort.
- it doesnt hurt to get up at all.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #2  

I have something going on with my knee too! My right knee. I Googled "knee tendonitis". Review the signs and symptoms and see if this sounds like your condition. I bought a knee brace/support and ice pack. Taking it kinda easy with the workouts, but still working out nonetheless. Hope this helps!
sjdphc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Doctor, doctor, doctor.

Seriously, knee issues can be bad. And can completely immobilize you. The foot positioning change in the pain makes it sound more like a ligament issue, and that means you probably need an MRI to rule out tears and severe damage. Only a trip to the doctor will net you a diagnosis, so I recommend you set one up ASAP.

Feel better soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #4  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I have knee pains from squatting with heavy weight, but they don't hurt if I go to touch. Ouch! I agree with mandalinn82...see your doc.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote