South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Coffee and Chick-In

I think this smilie should be permanently stuck by my name.

Good Thursday morning! April is sure living up to it's reputation, but it's starting to resemble a rain forest around here! We may start drying out for the next week, though, and are expecting a big warm-up, too, for the weekend.

There's nothing much going on here for today. How was your lunch out with your friend, Schmoodle? I'm glad she's doing so much better. And a big CONGRATULATIONS to Swandive! Do you have a date set yet for the big day? I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing all the details!

Well, the washer just stopped so I'm going to feed it another load and then sit down to enjoy my oatmeal.
Have a good day, Chickies!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thrilling (?) Thursday Chat

Good morning from wet but spring-like Delta. We have the tail end of a rainstorm moving out and sunshine on the menu for the next few days. It's even going up to 27ºC or 82ºF on Sunday. I guess I need to get out some summer clothes and maybe take the winter coat off the AC.

Today is an "at home" day although I have lots to do. I'm hoping it's dry enough this afternoon to do some outside work. The low end of the dog yard is still a lake so I need to do some trenching to get the water out of there. Disney avoids it but Jazz ploughs right through.

I'm sure I'll figure out something "thrilling" for today. Maybe a walk in the woods to check out Spring?

How does your day look from here?
Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yep, that looks just like us, Ruth. That's me with my kitty.
We'll just call that the cottage smilie from now on. Lunch was great. I got the freshest yummy shrimp fajita salad, no margarita, no chips, no dessert. I know I behaved because I was hungry by the time I got home and had to eat some cheese. Go me!
Congrats swandive!! Ha, you guys are like me and DH, we don't rush into things, we lived together for 8 years before we took the plunge.

Today looks pretty run-of-the-mill around here. Work, housework, running kids, and my niece will stop by to try on the dress after work. It will be a struggle to stay away from all my new books. But the sun is out and tomorrow is Friday, woo-hoo! Off to wake DD, put in a load of laundry, and decide if I want bean soup or fried rice for breakfast.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-23-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #4  
ann
ann

S/C/G: starting weight 210lbs

Height: 5 ft 2ins

good afternoon from sunny belfast we're really having a grand spell of weather (long may it last)
boy do i feel good i have danced my way thriugh my house work this morning and did 30 mins on my exercise bike all with the help of my new mp3 player and to quote james brown"i feel good dodododido"
gongratsto our newly engaged friend may you ery both be very happy,
i'm on a big push to shed the pounds for my sons wedding in august and to be honest i have been struggling for over twenty years to lose weight but thanks to my new like minded friends i am finding it a lot easier this time(maybe it's the weather) so for all you hwho are having a stay at home day or have grocery shopping or laundrey or what ever put on your favourite music and dance through maybe even sing along and it will make thursday that wee bit more enjoyable . all together now "I FEEL GOOD DODIDODIDOD"
Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #5  

What a cozy picture, Ruth! That looks like me in the middle, except for the nose, of course! That must be you on the left.

Schmoodle, I'm glad you stuck to your guns yesterday. That's not easy to do at a Mexican restaurant!

I need to practice what I preach! I was wanting something to snack on while I was in Walmart yesterday, and grabbed a box of those new All Bran Rolled Fiber Wafers, thinking they were a healthy and good-for-me treat. Well, I should have read the label before eating one. Those things are full of the very stuff we should be avoiding. I haven't thrown them away yet, but I should. I'd feel guilty even giving them away.

Good day to you, Ann! Your attitude is working for me!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-23-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mornin' chickies! I've got a mug of Harrod's English Breakfast and Creamy Wheat Berry Hot Cereal for breakfast. It's pretty grey outside, and I really should have gotten more sleep last night, but it still feels like all is right with the world.

Cottage, I just remembered this morning that I had towels in the washer...from yesterday afternoon. Oy! Hope I remember to toss 'em in the dryer when I get home tonight...

Hope you get a walk in the woods in, Ruth. I checked my hepaticas and two of them are coming up, though no leaves or buds have unfurled yet. I love how fuzzy they are! Can you order them from nurseries or do you think the previous owner transplanted them from the woods? Sadly, a plant I received live a couple weeks ago and planted seems to have disappeared. Guess it was too cold?

Yay, Schmoo! Good for you!

Love your attitude, Ann! It's good to have a motivating event, like a wedding, but don't let it turn into a negative by putting too much pressure on yourself. No matter what, you'll be healthier by your son's wedding, and you can continue on this path after...it's a life change that really makes a difference. I learned last year that dancing really does give you a great workout, and it also helps keep the blues away! I'm singing with you!

I did good last night too--all the girls got fancy martinis, but I just had a flight of wines (2 dry reds and one Vouvray), though I did have a sip of one of two of the martinis. How can you resist something called "Chocolate Monkey?" I had little tastes off most of the plates. The only off plan thing was the full fat cheese. It was very yummy!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by beachgal; 04-23-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #7  

Morning, Laurie! Go get those towels right now before they start stinking! A walk in the woods sounds good. You gave me a great idea for this afternoon!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm doing the meeting via conference call in a half hour. I was going to drive up but had crabby tummy last night and 5 hours in the car seemed like a bad idea.

Cottage - We are getting that warm-up tomorrow. I can't wait! I have had to learn to throw food out. I hate doing it, the whole wasting food thing, but have to remind myself that I am not a garbage disposal. It helps that we compost because at least it's going to something useful (better than feeding some of that stuff to anyone else, as you noted).

Ruth - A walk in the woods sounds lovely I'll be joining you moving clothes around this afternoon. Need to get my capris out for weekend biking!

Ann I love the idea of dancing through chores I might borrow that!

Laurie - I really like wheat berries in my hot cereal (something that never occurred to me before SBD). My weekend crockpot porridge has steel cut oats, quinoia and wheat berries. Yum. Way to go last night I love flights of wine - so much fun to sample several without falling over.

I need to get our speaker phone and my laptop set-up for the call now. I'm sure I'll check-in during the slow parts of the meeting
Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #9  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Had a great time last night at the Angels game (we had AMAZING SEATS). Unfortunately it got us home really late, so I slept in and didn't exercise, AND I'm running a little late at this point. I will do my best to get back here today. But until then,
BLESSINGS!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Good Morning Peeps

Today I have a job interview and am a little nervous but not that much because it's at Goodwill and they supposidly help people with disabilities get work as well, so I won't screw anything up with my learning disability and won't have to try so hard like other jobs. Since I haven't had a real job in all my life I have to use the "taken care of my ill grandmother" story. I hate lying but that's just the way it's gotta be.

Have to get ready now. I'll let you know how it all went, and prob have to go through drug testing again too, maybe if I can pee again today I can do all that today instead of waiting til tomorrow, lol.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Cottage -- Breakfast and laundry going by 5:30. I need to take lessons from you!

Ruth -- It's going to be mid-80s here for the next several days. I'm so excited!

Schmoodle -- I think you should find a sunny spot and read a book.

Ann -- I LOVE James Brown, too! Most of the Motown music is great for dancing and cleaning.

Laurie -- When my plants disappear, it's usually a rabbit or deer to blame.

Cyndi -- Good luck staying awake for your conference call.

HMac -- DH and his bud went to a Braves game last season and hope to go again. I've been to a Astros game. Don't remember the game, but I do remember the pizza.

Me -- My cell phone rang at 6:45 this morning. My supervisor called to let me know she's not coming today AND to ask me if I would accept this position full time starting May 1. I'm thrilled! I'm terrified! Everyone here is great. They've told me that the policy here is 'family first'. Gotta love that! But, I've been the beck-and-call-girl of my family for the last 5 years, and that's going to change. I have to admit, I am loving a paycheck. And, I'll carry the insurance, which will save us about $200 per month.

I have to figure out how to organize my time better in the morning. This morning I had time for Cheerios for breakfast. I'm already hungry! Where's the protein!

Hope your day is sunny and warm!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 151/151/100

Height: 5'0"

Good morning Ladies
I am new to SB and 3FC and this looked like a good place to say hello. I will probably be here daily begging for support cause I am a cake decorator and it will be really hard to stay on track with sugar up to my ears LOL and a nursing student to boot.
well I am going to check out the rest of the site and check back with questions later =)
Old 04-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Welcome Alexandria! Cannot imagine being a cake decorator! It's probably against the rules to lick your fingers, anyway. Be strong, Friend!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

As I hoped, I'm back!
Cottage - Hope you enjoyed your oatmeal!!!!

Ruth - Did you make it out for a walk in the woods???

Schmoo - Hope the dress fits!

Ann - How great that you were able to dance through your morning. Love the attitidue!!!

Laurie - I'm with you and the cheese....I really have a hard time staying away from full fat cheese if, and only if, it's really good cheese. I love good stinky cheese. Good job, however, staying away from everything else!!!

Cyndi - I'm thinking that crockpot breakfast of yours sounds really yummy. Care to share the recipe???

Jelly - Good luck today!

Chelby - That's great news! Congrats! I'm sure you'll figure out what you need to do to make it all happen!

Alexandria - Welcome to the boards, and good luck on your journey!

Me - So that's it for now. i'm at work and I brought workout clothes to change into after school so I can take advantage of the treadmil we have in the gym. I just hope I don't wimp out. And then tonight I'm gearing up for Survivor! Should be a nice relaxing evening!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi I'm here but in deep research mode So hope to bbl!!!
Closed Thread