South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Warblings

Morning!

I'm wondering if we'll see any sunshine today. We had some pretty heavy hitters come through here all night long, and I felt all snug and cozy in my bed listening to the rumbling.
Maggie and I planted several varieties of lettuces in their garden yesterday, so I'm not too sad about the rain. That will give them a nice boost. Today is looking pretty busy with lots of errands to run for Cindy, but I'm looking forward to my hour of peace and quiet while the girls are in gymnastics.
It's just starting to get light here, and I can see that it's not raining at the moment.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning - we had the boomers too. Disney is cool with t-storms and I was glad to see Jazz follow her lead. It's supposed to clear by noon and then we head into sunshine with 81ºF predicted for Saturday! I think SPRING is really here.

I have a haircut in town this morning but am planning to spend the afternoon outside if it's dry enough. I cancelled out on a Volunteer Appreciation Tea this afternoon and also on the Fair Board meeting tomorrow night. I have decided to switch to a more leisurely pace for the spring and summer seasons and focus on friends, flowers and fun!

Yell at me if I lose that focus, OK?

Hepaticas and sunshine to you all.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Happy Earth Day Chicks! I've got a pot of organic, shade grown coffee on with plenty for everyone.

Cottage - Enjoy that quiet hour

I'm off to visit someone this morning, then office work and a massage at the end of the day! Woo hoo! It's just about the perfect length of time for the massage, got a little tingling and knotty muscles stuff going. everything will be relaxed an ready for birding and biking this weekend.

it's still overcast and drippy here but I'm looking forward to a glorious weekend!

I'm also happy to report that getting strictly back on plan has removed those visiting Mom lbs quickly.

Remember to take time to appreciate something green today
Old 04-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #4  
ann
ann

S/C/G: starting weight 210lbs

Height: 5 ft 2ins

it's a beautiful day here in Belfast and has been for two weeks now but this is Ireland so we really don't expect it to last so i have my umbrella on stand by have a lovely day it's nice to talk to folks across the Atlantic
Old 04-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello from across the Atlantic, Ann! I don't think we've "met", but I'm happy to see you posting the daily. Enjoy your sunshine, I bet it's beautiful over there right now!

Cyndi, I'd love a cup of that coffee! Thanks!

Ruth, it's supposed to be in the 80s for us by the weekend, too! I guess it won't be long before we're all complaining that it's too hot. Enjoy your relaxing day, and hang on to that focus!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Ann and to South Beach. Enjoy the rare sunshine. I remember being in Ireland for three weeks and every day it was a "soft morning". Hang out with us - we have lots of earlybirds.

Cyndi, I sure will and do appreciate green today. My lawns are nearly glowing with green and it looks like the forsythia may burst into yellow flame in a day or two. I have scillas in bloom and will pick a wee bunch for the kitchen table later, maybe with some white hepaticas if I get a chance to trudge through my woods. I love SPRING!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Hump Day chicks!
Hello to Ann, nice to "meet" you. Enjoy your sunshine!

Work today, of course, although I plan to take a long lunch and meet my friend at the Mexican restaurant. I've got two clean Ph1 days under my belt, so I will behave, I'm thinking fajitas without the tortillas or a salad. NO margaritas, boo. This is my friend who was having so many health issues a couple of months ago, by the way, and she is doing great, getting back to her old self. My niece is coming by this evening to fit the bridesmaid's dress, and while I've got the sewing machine out, I want to take in the waist on some skirts I unpacked with the summer clothes.

Thanks for the coffee Cyndi, what does being shade-grown do for it?
Ruth, you know we'll help. Enjoy your flowers. We are supposed to have 80-degree weather also this weekend, yahoo!
cottage, we had those storms yesterday afternoon and evening - intense! There is stuff blown all over my yard. Have a great day.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #8  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

well if the weather clears up i'll be cutting brush again today. have to get it done soon as i start working on monday
Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #9  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Chickies!!! Happy Earth Day!

Cottage - Hope the lettuce and such that you planted yesterday enjoys the rain that came your way.

Ruth - Glad to hear that your pups are pros when it comes to rain storms.

Cyndi - Enjoy your massage today. Sounds like a wonderful idea!

Ann - Welcome to the boards!

Schmoo - Fajitas are a good choice, or you could also do a could of soft tacos and then scrape out the filling. Good luck staying on program today.

Me4life - Have fun working in the garden today!

Me - On Demand is still not cooperating, so today I worked out with the help of a deck of cards (got the idea from Biggest Loser last night) Hearts are lunges, Diamonds are squats, Spades are push-ups, and clubs are sit-ups. The number on the card is the amount of reps (face cards equal 10) and aces are a one min. rest. It was a fantastic work out! I'm sweating and tired.
Today I'm taking another fieldtrip, this time to a local skateboard and clothing line. The owner has a real heart for kids and does a great job talking to the kids about finding a passion in life. It should be lots of fun. And then tonight Rich's boss gave him some amazing seats for tonight's Angels game, so we're off to watch some baseball. I'm really looking forward to it!!!!
Have a beautifully GREEN day!!!
BLESSINGS!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Happy Earth Day, Chickies!

I'm wearing green and appreciating all the lovely green around us! I don't think my hepaticas are up, Ruth, but the Scilla sure are (we have blue ones, of course, but also have blue with a white star--have you seen those?) along with the violets and all the bulb flowers. The magnolias are blooming along with the forsythias, and the bridal veil trees. The willows are greening up, and it's definitely spring. Best of all--one of my hellebores bloomed for the first time, and it's a white one with pink speckles!!! I'm so thrilled!

Ann! It's lovely to have someone from the Emerald Isle, especially on this day of celebrating all things green! I'm listening to Celtic music right now--"Tell Me Ma" just ended and now it's "King of the Pipes/Queen of the Fair." Hope you get more sunshine, but my brief experience in your country taught me that an umbrella is always a good companion.

Busy day--but I'm looking forward to most of it. Work, then gym, then a little free time before heading out to a neighboring town for book club. Usually I have to make a dish to take with, but the woman who's hosting it this time is remodeling her house, so she's hosting it at a local wine/martini bar. It should be so much fun! We'll sit in the corner on comfy couches and nibble on things (I've never eaten there and hope I can find something!) while drinking wine and discussing a fun book--Sophie Kinsella's Can You Keep a Secret? DH won't go to this place--he says it's "snooty"--so I'm looking forward to finally getting to experience it.

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #11  
sophie

Happy Earth Day, it is a beautiful earth we live in.

Cottage - so nice that the girls are going to enjoy their own lettuce, will you have to fight the bunnies off.

Ruth - Just remember to say NO (which part of N O don't you understand). Its been my motto since DH retired. Friends, Flowers and Fun, way to go.

Cyndi - Moms get blamed for everything. Something lovely to look forward to the weekend.

Scmoodles - enjoy your lunch, glad to hear your friend is doing so well.

Ann - Welcome. Isn't the internet wonderful to connect with people all over the world.

Me4life - sounds like you are getting your quota of exercise today.

Heather - what a wonderful way to get exercise in. Have a great time at the game.

Me - Everything that has wool in my house has been inspected and packed in see thru plastic bags. What a relief. Today I have to deliver the wedding shawl I wove for my daughter's wedding, it will be in a fashion show at a weavers' conference. Also, I made the black bean and pumpkin soup and it is so good.
Nice day everyone.
Sophie
Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #12  
sophie

Laurie - your garden sounds beautiful. I have most of the flowers you mention but I would say everything is about two weeks behind except for the Scilla.
Enjoy your snotty place.
Sophie
Old 04-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Sophie, you should post a picture. I'd love to see your wedding shawl. You know how we chix love pix.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi, everyone! I think I have one more busy day at the office and then it will be smooth sailing for a bit. I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Schmoodle - Shade grown coffee is very good for birds. Coffee plants grown under the natural trees leave bird habitat intact while clearing fields for sun grown coffee destroys habitat. Many of our song birds winter over in places that grow coffee so encouraging shade growing is really important for them.

More after I get my new work computer set-up
Closed Thread