View Poll Results: Which Season Do You Enjoy The Most?
Spring 4 30.77%
Summer 4 30.77%
Fall 4 30.77%
Winter 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 09:30 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#59)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 09:34 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #58 and read the last few posts there!!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 07:52 AM   #3  

Spooky Sherry. Great work!
Will try to post later.
Hope you all have a marvalous day!

DEE
Old 10-08-2002, 09:33 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Hello girls!!!!!

Thank you so much for the words of encouragment!!! It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day stuff and not stop and just be thankful that we are alive. I had a really bad day Saturday, it was mid convention, I was tired and stressed from that, plus all of the other things going on. A male in the group acted like a total male and I came home for awhile. The club I am in use to be just a Mans club and I need to realize that even though it is open now to women, that we basically just do the work and the men still get all of the recognition. So, besides being in a horrible mood, I had the "poor me's" and men are not on the top of my favorites list!!! (except poor hubby!!)

Sher: Thank you for always taking the time to start a new thread and I love your banners!!!!!!! You are such a dear!!!!!!!!

Well, I need to get moving today!! I still have a newsletter to complete plus I have my choice of scraping paint or mowing..... hmmmmm..... I will probably leave the scraping to poor hubby, it is on top of the roof on a peak, I am scared to death of heights!!!

Love you girls and again, thank you very much for your kind words and putting up with me until I snap out of this mood!!!!

LOVE, Gayle
Old 10-08-2002, 02:09 PM   #5  

I am physically and mentally exhausted. Yesterday was a dozer! My sister Gail decided that she will leave her husband. This is the guy that had the loaded gun. She is in the process of making her plan then will leave. hopefully in the next week or two she will be gone. My concern is for their saftey. This guy is off his rocker and I am afraid just to be vendictive he could kill their son Thomaz and himself. I am trying to encourage her to get a restraining order. Well and my other half of the story is she is intrested in some cowboby from Kansas that she met in a chat room. She want to go and meet him. VERY SCAREY!!!
We had our family meeting again last night. After a lengthy discusion we have decided to let Jay home on a 2 week trial period. He would come in like a boarder with no extras, fending for himself. He will arrive on saturday. I am not ready for this. I let Larry know how I felt and thought that it would be better for Dez and I not to have him come home yet but he could decided what we should do. The trade off for Jay coming home is that Larry is to handle all the problems with the kids. This has been mostly in my hands so this will be a big change but I am unable to handle any more stress with everything going on in my world. It is taking it's toll on my health. My mom thinks that this isn't a good idea that we took him home. I agree but I will give it a chance for 2 weeks. Jay said that he changed. I am just waiting to see how long the honeymoon will last.
Dez found a lump in her breast. I know it is probably nothing but it is scaring the sh*t out of me.
My life feels like a soap opera out of control.

Hope you all had a better day than I did yesterday.

DEE
Old 10-08-2002, 04:22 PM   #6  

Dee,
I'm sorry you are having such a stressful time. Please take care of yourself and know that we are all out here thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Gayle, have you gotten any rest? What kind of club is it that you are working with?

Shelley, how is your stomach feeling? I hope things are going better.

Sherry and Debbie, are you getting excited about your trip? I know you'll have a great time!

Jennelle, how are things at school? Did you ever get to the bottom of who stole your money?

Vicki, sorry you are so depressed. Don't let it go too far. You have to watch out for your own health too.

Debyj, have you heard from the new job yet? I hope you get it!!!

Carol, and Wanda, come home soon.

I had a first today. POISON IVY!!!!! I've never had it in my life and all of a sudden it is on two of my fingers and on top of my hand. Also my neck is itching like crazy, but no bumps. My brother can look at the stuff through a window and break out from head to toe. LOL I guess it finally caught up to me too.

I'll be keeping a good thought for everyone.
Love,
Ramona
Old 10-08-2002, 06:09 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Gosh Dee, I hope life is going better for you today!!!! I guess you can try with your Son and if it doesn't work out, at least you know you gave it your all. Dez will be in my prayers, I know at her age lumps are fairly common. I will be thinking of your Sister, in my circumstance, the restraining order only did as much good as the other person would allow it. He still decided to show up at all hours of the day and night. Usually our Police department is to busy to get right on a domestic call, so it really did not have much bearing for me. KANSAS!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!! Where in Kansas???? Maybe I can check the ol' guy out for your Sis!!!!

Ramona: How's the itchies????? You poor dear!!!!! Try an Alveena bath or Calimine lotion, seem's to work the best. I have heard of people getting it through a reflection, something about the sunrays hitting the glass. I will be thinking of you!!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:08 PM   #8  

HOOOOWDY!!

How are my floozie friends? I'm ok, just another busy day! After work I went to watch Drew bowl in a Tournament.His average is 183. He bowled a 244....202 & 186! Good bowling huh?

Gayle****** First of all, remember we all have "poor-me" days!! You ought to know by now that you can come here & vent anytime!!! I'm kinda glad to hear that other people have days like me!! Tomorrow is a new day & you WILL snap out of your mood!! {{{ Hugs }}} Love you girl!!

Debbie***** I can't wait until the 24th when we leave.I love Wayne & Drew so much but I NEED A BREAK!!!! This working, cooking, cleaning & maid service is getting to me!!!! LOL!!! Lookin' forward to relaxing & having fun!!! Maybe next year we can plan a trip to Kansas City & see GAYLE!!!!!????

Dee*****Bless your heart hon!! You've had a lot on your plate lately.Where is your CALGON????? I truly hope that everything works out with your Son moving home.Maybe he knows you mean business and he'll do better.I will pray for your Family.Especially Dez. Take care!!!! Thanks for the compliments on my banners.I'm glad you enjoy them as much as I've enjoyed making them!

Ramona*****Are you scatching?????? Bless your heart!! I've never had poison ivy either. Maybe benadyl will help!! Now here is the BIG QUESTION: How did you get it????? Have you & hubby been in the woods?????!!!!!!! LOL!!! Leave it to me to ask!!!!! LOL!!!

Shelley***** Where are you????????? I saw that you posted on the walking thread.I'm about to die to know about your embarrassing moment during walking!!! Please tell us!!!!!

Vicki***** How are you today? In better spirits? I sure hope so because you deserve happiness!! I bet what you need is a shopping & lunch out day with MIL!!!!

Jennelle & Debyj***** Hope everything is ok with you! Hope to see a post from you soon!!! Debyj.....How did it go at Vanderbilt? Let me know!!!

Carol*****If you're reading this, please know that I'm thinking of you & would love for you to come back.I miss you!!

Talk to everyone later!!
Lots of love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 10-08-2002 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:37 PM   #9  

I can't wait til tomorrow Because today will be over!
I don't know how much more this day can hold. Mom just got a call from the doc. She has a lump on her kidneys. Not sure if it is cancer. They found out that her heart is to weak to go with the type of chemo they were going to do so they will be weaker treatments for 6 months. Then radiation treatments for 5 more weeks.
Please pray that this bad karmom goes away. My eyeballs feel like they are going to fall out. I have chosen to stop taking my meds this week and am having a terrible time sleeping.
If I yell STOP load enough do you think everything and everyone would go away for awhile?(don't mean you girls though)

DEE
Old 10-08-2002, 11:16 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies...I'm still standing! Barely! Really, my problems at school are trivial compared to some of the things my Fellow Floozies are going through. I think all of us need a big !

I never did find out who stole my money. My medication success story, Jamarcus, forgot to take his medicine this morning and ended up punching a pre-K girl (four years old) in the face. (She's okay...she was just terrified, poor thing...and all the kids crowding around her was making it ten times worse...and the fact that I had to raise my voice to get them to back off made it worse). To top it off, one of the other fifth grade teachers told me that she plans on resigning after the fall break, which is next Monday and Tuesday. I can see it coming now.....we will end up not only going back to self-contained classrooms, but they will refuse to hire a new teacher and we will end up with 35 kids a piece in our classrooms. If that happens, I have a plan that involves insisting on an emergency school board meeting AND calling the media.

But like I said...I'm alive, I'm healthy, my family's healthy...I should be thankful. (My arse is still wide, though! )
Old 10-09-2002, 09:44 AM   #11  
Losing it!

Sound's like everyone is having a few pits with their bowl of cherries!!!!

Jen: I hope your job get's better!!!! I agree with you, that is waaaayyyyy to many kids to try to be keeping under control!!! You will end up being a babysitter instead of a teacher!!!

Dee: {{{{HUGS}}}}} Life will get better!!! Remember that God only give you enough that you can handle. PLEASE take your meds!!!! I know your upset about everything, but you need to stay as healthy as you can during this difficult time.

Sher: Did I hear you say Kansas City??? WHOO-HOO!!!! Lets go!!!! All Aboard!!!!!!!! That would be way cool!!!! BTW: Give Drew a HUGE hug from me!!!!! He is quite the jr bowler!!! We bowled this past weekend with our convention. There is a lady in the club with a horrible vision problem. We allowed her a high handicap plus we changed the scoring a bit. On the last game, she kicked our butts!!! She was so excited that she announced it in the Monday morning meeting that a "blind lady beat Gayle!!!!" I told everyone that she had an unfair advantage, all we had to do was spin her around and point her in the right direction!!!

Ramona: I want to hear more about this "hunting" in the woods with hubby story!!!!!! BTW: I am a member of Ambucs, we help people with disabilities.

Well today is a new day after I wiped out a WHOLE box of small donuts yesterday!!!! I am such a huge pig!!!! I need to get my act together quick before my new nickname becomes "waddles"!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! SMOOCHIES, HUGS & LOVE, Gayle
Old 10-09-2002, 07:20 PM   #12  

Hi Girls-I just haven't been able to post much. I have been checking out the messages at work, but don't have time to post anything.

Dee-My heart goes out to you. Just remember "This too shall pass". I agree with Gayle. God does give you enough that only you can handle. It's looking like you can handle quite a bit though!! Please take your meds. You need them. Also, I know you aren't supposed to walk a whole bunch, but I'm sure that you need it right now to help you stay calmer.

The dr. called to change my appt. to next Wed. instead of Mon. The good news is that they gave me 1 month more of medication so that I could begin taking it again. My stomach is still the worst it's ever been. I really think it's nothing that about $100,000.00 wouldn't cure!!!

Ramona-We have a lot of poison ivy growing wild around here. My kids and hubby know what it looks like, but I can never tell the difference between it and regular ivy. Luckily, I've never had it though.

Jennelle-Maybe they'll go ahead and hire another teacher. They might just surprise you! We've been hiring them right and left. Of course, they come and go too.

Vicki-I'm sorry you have been depressed. It must be something in the air. If you have read back, I have been very depressed lately too. What with money problems, work and health problems. I just keep taking that PROZAC!!

Gayle,Debbie,Deby,Carol-I'm sending hugs your way!!

Just know that I am around, I just may not be able to post much. I love you all!!
Old 10-09-2002, 08:01 PM   #13  

Hi girls I thought that I would post something a little more positive than my last few posts.
Just wondering if any of you have been to see My big fat greek wedding? Nia Vardalos the writer and main star is from where I live. Our city is small, 650,000 people and definitley far from hollywood. It is so neat that a small budget film could make it so big. All the reviews that I read about it are so positive. To think that she was asked to do a sequal or a sitcom. Last night Queen Victoria was here in the city. Nia was one of the lucky 8 that dined at the queens head table. She said it was so neat. The queen asked her many questions about her life and the film. All Nia wanted to do was ask her what it was like to be a queen....lol.
Well that's all for now I just thought that I would let you know that the stress hasn't swallowed me up yet.

DEE
Old 10-10-2002, 09:15 AM   #14  
Losing it!

Hello girls!!!

I hope life is treating everyone better today!!!!!

Dee: I can't place the movie, but I will be on the look out for it. Are you a personal friend to this lady? I will be thinkung of your Mother, I hope she gets good test results. BTW: Did you find out the name of the town in Kansas of the cowboy? I'm curious, plus I can probably tell you if it is close by me and if it is a larger city or smaller town.

Shelley: SO GLAD YOU POSTED!!! I have been really concerned about you!!! I hope your tummy gets better soon! Is the medication helping yet?

Hugs to all of my other Floozie buds!!!!!!!

All of you with kids that have Graduated: How in the world did you afford it???? We have to get the announcements ordered by next week, which the cost was about what I figured. The Senior pics end up being about twice as much as planned, and this is going with just what we need and no extras. I priced around for a photographer, of which I am really pleased, I just did not realize that it all added up so quick and that everyone wants their money NOW!! Any advice will be appreciated!!!!

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!! Love, Hugs & Smoochies!!!!! Gayle
Old 10-10-2002, 09:39 AM   #15  

Gayle believe it or not I know that he is just outside of Kansas city. He lives on a dude ranch for vacationers. I will find out the name and see if you heard of it or if you can check him out. It is greatly appreciated that you would even concider this. To me US is very different place than here and not as many laws as we have. The one that blows me away is the gun laws. This guy apparently has a web site whick I have seen. But is it his. As soon as I find out what it is again I will let you know.
Thanks.

DEE
Closed Thread