Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #1  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default "Lasagna" in a Bowl

Found this on a low carb website. I adapted this into a casserole, as one of the reviews commented that it gets too cold in individual bowls. For 4 servings, I layered the correct amounts as directed into a glass casserole prepped with non-stick spray. Instead of ground meat I used a TON of mushrooms sauteed in a small amount of EVOO ~ I would have definitely added more veggies if I had them. When assembling, I also drizzled a small amount of flax oil for added Omega 3's. IMO, there was an insane amount of cheese. It was great and comforting but next time I'll cut back on the cheese so I can actually have a ricotta creme for dessert. Thumbs up all around for my family. Ohhh...I used extra homemade sauce from the freezer for added veggies. For casserole, baked uncovered 350 for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted. YUM! Looking forward to leftovers for breakfast...whoohoo...no eggs!!

-------------

This is an assembled "lasagna", with all the lasagna flavors, but created individually in each person's dish, in a fraction of the time. It can also easily be made into spinach lasagna, eggplant lasagna, zucchini lasagna, etc, by putting a vegetable layer in over the meat. If your diet allows, use any kind of whole-grain pasta. This recipe is easily adaptable to family members with different tastes and nutritional needs.

Ingredients:

LEAN ground meat, cooked and drained (1 lb makes about 6 servings) or Vegetables of choice

Per Serving:

1/3 C part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 C sugar-free spaghetti sauce
1/4 C shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 T romano or parmesan cheese
1 C cooked spaghetti squash

Preparation:

1. Cook the spaghetti squash in the microwave. Pierce with knife and microwave for about 12 minutes or so until sft. Let sit for a few minutes. Cut in half, remove seeds, and then remove flesh...set aside.

2. Cook the meat with salt and pepper to taste. Drain off the fat. If using veggies, saute in canola or EVOO.

3. Heat the ricotta (microwave works best)

4. Layer in bowl: pasta alternative, ricotta cheese, ground meat, mozzarella, sauce, parmesan. (262mom's note: I'd just microwave it again before serving.)

Nutritional Information (with spaghetti squash): 19 grams ink ecc effective carbohydrate plus 3 grams fiber, 38 grams protein, and 435 calories.

Last edited by 262mom2three; 04-20-2009 at 09:41 PM.
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Sounds delish - thanks for the recipe!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote