South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #1  
Pink Princess

S/C/G: 242/236/160

Height: 63"

Default i have a bad sweet tooth and need help!!

so I am new to this site and kinda new to sb. I have been doing south beach for about 2 months now and have lost 6 lbs. I did phase 1 for 3 wks and lost 10 lbs then when I switched into phase 2 I gained some back. My problem is that I crave sweets all the time! I have a hard time not having some kind of chocolate a day. I really want this to be the last diet I go on and would love some ideas about how to curve the cravings.
EmMaLeE 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Are you giving in to your cravings? If you are having trouble staying on plan I would go back on Phase I to kill your cravings.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, EmMaLeE! Have you thoroughly read the book? If you did a clean Phase 1, that should have eliminated all of your cravings. And when starting Phase 2, it's very important to go very slowly, introducing new foods one at a time to see how your body reacts to it. There's a great sticky with helpful info in our FAQs that explains how to go about this. Here is the link to that thread, and I hope it helps. In the meantime, though, I'd go back to Phase 1 to rid yourself of those sugar cravings once and for all. Good luck!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59321
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

And to satisfy chocolate cravings, while staying on plan, I have NSA hot chocolate, bean brownies, chocolate cheesecake smoothies, NSA fudgesicles, peanut butter cup, or NSA pudding (Phase II). Check out these recipes in our recipes section, if you haven't yet. You can usually figure out a way to have what you want on SB, just in a healthier way.

By the way, it's great that you are looking at your eating and trying to figure out how to make the plan work for you, instead of deciding that it doesn't work, and giving up. Stick with it - if you have sweets issues, this is a great plan for you!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-21-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Emma! Lots of great advice in here.

The chicks are right--if you're still physically craving, you need to do Phase 1 for 3-5 days (or until the cravings go away).

There are tons of ways to satisfy a sweet tooth in Phase 2, but you also want to try to change some of those habits you had in the past. I do this by scheduling two treats a day (after lunch and for my evening snack) and doing my best to stick to only those. That seems to help a lot.

Check out our recipe forums for tons of great recipes (even for Phase 1) that will help with sweet tooth issues and chocolate cravings. And don't forget your 1 oz of dark chocolate a week!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #6  
Pink Princess

S/C/G: 242/236/160

Height: 63"

thanks for the advise. I will go back on phase 1 for a week and let you guys know how I am doing.
EmMaLeE 86 is offline   Reply With Quote