Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default BFL: April 20-26

HI chicks! Scales got me down (bc it's not down!!) but I'm flying thru the new pants in my closet! Wearing things my bottom hasn't seen since 2004, so it's all good. It always seems to get to this point at some point where you say, 'forget the scale!'

I've got 2 more weeks before my final photos and am going to give it all I've got! I'm excited!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Fran, I can't wait to see those pictures. You rock!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #3  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

TOM is looming on the horizon and I feel squishy. I've also lost my voice and the sore throat from yesterday/Sunday has progressed into a hacking cough. I'm only supposed to be doing 2 jobs today instead of the 3 I did yesterday, so maybe I can "rest" a little.

I did my lbwo this morning and a lazy 1/2 mile on the treadmill. Whenever I tried to run I'd start coughing really badly. After a pidly 1/2 mile walk I just stopped. I'll attempt another walk tonight. I wasn't planning on doing HITT today, just a steady jog, but I think I'll stick with a walk until I feel better.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Well, whatever it is in the universe that has to click in our minds to get us into the groove has clicked and I knocked out both an ubwo this morning and then lbwo just now. After I finished my ub I wanted to stay and do lb but didn't have the time. My legs were achy "please work me out" all day and I feel sooo much better now. Even better, I think I can finish these last 2 weeks by going higher with all my weights on ub and a couple on lb. "It's all good" is my slogan for today.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:46 AM   #5  

Fran - Good for you on the workouts! Lets say that you're doing mine for me since I've been banned from working out until this cough/cold/crud clears up. Even though my body agrees that I shouldn't workout, my head keeps wanting to go to the gym. I even considered throwing in a exercise dvd, by DH swears he will tie me to the bed, and not in the fun kind of way. So more bedrest and fluids it is.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #6  
No description available.

Dixie, I share your frustration. I have this cough that is driving me nuts! I have been lifting, cause I can stop can catch my breath when I start wheezing, but that would make for a VERY lame run.

Go way, sicknesses!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:02 PM   #7  

If this cough doesn't kill me DH's cooking will. Frozen pizza? What plan is that on? I managed to eat a very small slice, but it wasn't even good. I haven't had any appetite, so he thought he'd "tempt" me to eat with something I don't have very often while I'm trying to eat better. His heart was in the right place. I suppose he's right that I can't live on green tea and protein shakes. Tonight when he goes out with his brother, I plan to try lifting some lighter weights.
Closed Thread