Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: Apr. 20-Apr. 26

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning, everyone:

I've had my coffee, apple and ww toast and am headed toward reading the morning paper. I better have some water before Vickie wakes up!

I hope we're all full of motivation this week, and if not, that we might find some here.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

I'm motivated this morning Rhonda!! I've already had 2 large glasses of water. My weight is up still -- but I don't think I've been drinking what I should. I'm tossing the rest of the sweets in the house that I've been eating. Today is a clean out day. I'm going grocery shopping this morning instead of tomorrow as its going to be very, very rainy here. Lots of core foods coming in and I'm going to plan my days.

Hope everyone is getting ready for a good day and week.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

W-I this morning and I down again from my 170 ticker reading.I down.5 but that a start,after having a eating out meals when my DD & our GK down last week.

Here's to a better OP week to get the scale going down again.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages and I motivated this week also. I had my 24 oz of water this morning taking my Osteoporosis pills.

PAULA-Glad to hear the Candy is going out.I was lucky this year Leo & I didn't buy it in the first place. My gain was eating out every day,and you know how restaurants sever there meals H-U-G-E with lots of sauce. I'm starting a new this morning also.

Have a great morning.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #5  

Morning Everyone
Just thought I would get on here for a few.
It is going to be raining off and on today. Right now the sun is trying to shine. But more rain on the way.

BEACHBUM Congrats on the loss. That is great. I didnt buy any candy either for Easter. Because I knew what would happen. Hope you have a good day.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Hope you have a good on track day.

TEJAS I had a cup of shredded wheat and a apple. I hope I have that motivation this week. And I know if I dont. I can get it here. The support here is wonderful. Have a good day.

Well am going to get off here for now.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

WOW! You are all up bright and early. I'm disappointed that I can't go to JC this morning because I show a loss so far. PMS is here and TOM is looming so I hope I can hold on to it until tomorrow afternoon. I have to go get ready for the Doctor soon. I don't even want to go since I have the feeling he's going to say there's nothing wrong or nothing to be done. Sigh.

Rhonda, you sound so positive this morning. I remember how it was while I was waiting to retire. Of course, I was only 48 and I was being forced to go because my job was moving to Texas. By the last month I was jumping out of my skin getting ready to go. It was hard to manager a bunch of people who were losing their jobs. I think I'm still losing some of the weight I gained during that time. You're doing a great job at managing your weight.

Paula, well you sound downright perky! Good for you for getting rid of the rest of the candy. It would be very hard for me if it was still around. I have some Dove dark vacuum sealed (for emergency) and some WW mint patties here still. I haven't had a piece of chocolate since January. Wouldn't you think I'd be down to 150 by now?

Mary Ann, great news that the scale is moving downward. Restaurant eating can be deadly.

Coco, I love my shredded wheat too! I thought of you yesterday while I was doing laundry. I'm so lucky to have a ranch style house. The laundry is on the main floor right off the garage and kitchen. We have a basement but nothing much I need is down there. Let's all have a great week.

Let me tell you all about water. I've been forcing myself to have 10 eight ounce glasses of water a day and I'm convinced that it makes a big difference over the 8 glasses. We are eating a lot of fiber you know.

Gotta run. I'll be back later. Where's Sandra? Sleeping in?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's a beautiful day here in sunny north Texas! Paula, please keep the rain up there if you can -- we had it last week and I'm so tired of mopping that I could cry. However, I'm counting it as exercise!

My day is all planned out with food. The bag that I brought with me to work looked like it could be enough to feed an army, but I had everything packaged separately. It's actually just pinto beans, FF cheese and sour cream to mix in, then a whole grain pita with Swiss, tomatoes and lt. ranch for a big snack later. Actually I think I'll make one an early lunch and one a mid-afternoon lunch. For snacks I sliced some jalapenos lengthwise, cleaned out the seeds, then filled with lt. cream cheese (some flavor, I think it was the garden vegetable kind) and baked them. I also have a bunch of fruit, applesauce, SF jello ... just stuff to keep me from getting hungry and getting into the vending machines.

I always park as far from the building as I can because I have a new car and people around here don't give a hoot if they ding your car door or not. Today I purposely left things in the car so I'd have to walk back later and get them, which will be 10-15 more minutes of walking. Maybe I'll do it a couple of times!

Weight was stable this morning so that's good. I'm hoping for a really good weigh-in on Thursday. I've made some changes and written them down so I can see them every day. I changed my route to work so that it's more direct, and that way I won't be tempted to stop somewhere for a Coke. I dislike Diet Coke and nobody has Coke Zero in fountain around here, so I would usually get a REAL Coke. That's a big no-no!

WW is over in four weeks and they don't know yet if they'll continue it. They have to have a minimum of 20 people and sometimes in the summer, it's hard to get that many people to commit. I guess we'll see.

Happy day to all!
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, we were typing at the same time! Good morning!

The thing about water is so true! I can't believe how the scale moves (like MAGIC!!) when I get it all in, and the more, the better. I don't know about you guys, but sometimes when I think I'm hungry, I'm really not. A big glass of water will fill me up and if I still feel hungry a little later, well then maybe I really was! Most of the time though, I think my body asks for more water than I give it.

As for the restaurant eating, you are so right. No matter what we ask them to do, there's always going to be little added "surprises." They can trim all the fat, and cook with no butter or oil, but the bottom line is that most people wouldn't eat it (talk about BLAND!) so they slip a little in. It's just the sheer nature of the business, unless you are at a place that is specifically dedicated to healthy eating, that they'll have trans fats and unhealthy oils. That's where the delicious ... and bad for us ... taste comes from!

Now having said that, isn't it a lovely feeling to go to a restaurant and have someone else cook it, serve you, and then clean up? I really enjoy eating out and am sad that it's had to be cut back for us, but hopefully it's temporary. Judd is getting a little discouraged because it's only a month until our vacation and he had such high hopes for being down quite a bit by now. He's had to do a whole lot of traveling this spring though and that really sidelines him in the weight loss.

He went to Alaska in February for a trainer installation at Elmendorf AFB, then to New Mexico in March for the same thing. Next base? HAWAII! He leaves four weeks from today, and will work all week. I'll be going on that Thursday, the 21st and then we'll both come back the next Friday, the 29th. I am so excited I can't stand it! We have someone coming to stay at the house and take care of the big dogs (and house) and then the little ones will go to grandma and grandpa's for the week.

Alrighty, I guess I'd better get to work now. I hope everyone has a great start to this great week!

Last edited by Katpo; 04-20-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #9  

oooh, Hawaii....beautiful there. I've only been once, but will never forget it.

Off to drink more water

Rhonda
Old 04-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #10  
Donna

Good Morning All,

Finished up my dinner menu for the next couple of weeks, and came down to type it up, now I'm headed up stairs to make my shopping list & eat lunch. Then I'll head to the gym and grocery store. It's cold and rainy here so there will be no outdoor walking today (or probably tomorrow either) so I'm going to go use the treadmill, I might try and do some of the weight machines too. But I've been slacking on the shoulder stretches so it's sore today so probably won't do arm machines. I go to PT and the dr. tomorrow, I think it's improving so hopefully we'll carry on the same plan for the next month.

My goal for this week is to get back on track and eat all my fruits and veggies.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 10"

I'm back from shopping - bought fat free veggie dip and lots of fruits and vegetables. I'm going to cut up a bowl of carrots,cuke and grape tomatoes to have in the fridge to snack on. Tonight its roasted turkey breast - need to see if I can find a recipe to cook it in my pressure cooker. Just love that appliance. I finally figured the right rice/stock ratio brown rice last week - it came out perfect. The other time I made it it was too wet and mushy.

DD is having a friend over this afternoon, I'll read or crochet. I'm still workiing on the same shawl for over a month. I liked doing the baby blankets better - they were done quicker. But we've moved on to cancer treatment center - making shawls and lap blankets for those going through chemo treatments. Its all for charity, but I wish I could actually finish this one. Oh well.

Maryann, good for you for going to wi today. Lets all start fresh this week!

Vickie, glad the scale is down again. Is JC closed today? Its a weird holiday in MA - Patriots day, some are off and some are not. Its Marathon Monday here as well. Good luck tomorrow.

Kathy, congrats on your planning! I'm home until Thursday this week. Its so much easier for me when I'm at work and bring my food. The jalepenos roasted sound yummy, do they melo out or still hot? Are you going to Hawaii with Judd or is he off on his own? Hopefully you get to go too...

Well, off to cut up veggies.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #12  

Hi
Sounds like everyone is busy today.
Guess if we are busy we wont eat. Or at least it is that way for me.
I know I have been slacking in the water department. I need to drink more. But on the cool days I have trouble getting it in. If I am cold I dont want water. Give me coffee or tea. So I have even warmed up some water. Not to boiling. And drank that. Just to get water in. And then the days we have alot of running to do. I dont get the water in. Because I hate to have to run to the bathroom every little bit.

VICKIE Hope the Dr appt goes well.

TECHALUM Hope your Dr. and PT goes well tomorrow.

Well I better get off here.
Wont be long and have to get ready to go to town.
And then to WW. I am hoping the scales are good tonight. Or I hope I was good enough this week. So the scales will be good. I guess it is up to me. To make the scales be good or bad. Its not their fault I have a gain. But have to blame someone or something.
Well ladies have a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
Old 04-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

We're home. I shot better than I have in months. I feel like I'm back on-target. (pun intended) Eating wasn't too good but we were out in the sun shooting over 8 hours yesterday. Today we're both exhausted. I need to go buy groceries so we'll have ww-friendly foods. I may go in a bit after I get a load of laundry sorted.

Kathy, I'd love to be traveling right now. We've been to Hawaii and love it. Which island will you be visiting?

Vickie, I'm chugging more water now that I've stopped keeping Diet Cokes at home.

Got to go. The dryer is calling.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #14  

Hi:

It sounds like we're all busy, but focused. Paula's got a full pantry, we should all go over for dinner!

Sandra, somehow I missed that you were at a competition...glad that you shot well.

I've been home today, painting, again....

Tonight I have pottery class and tomorrow I've got to go into the office.

I've done really well on food today. I've been around 20 points and I'll have just a bit more food and call it quits for the day.

Rhonda
Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone
Just a quick stop in.
I only lost 1/2 a pound tonight. But I guess that is better than gaining.
But the meeting was really good. It was about writing in your quick track. And writing every BLT. And I have been slack on that. So this week I am keeping a track. And writing everything.

ONTARGET Didnt realize you were shooting. Glad you did well. I have to drink more water also. So that is another goal for me this week.

Well am going to get off here.
Will be back sometime tomorrow. Have to go to the eye Dr in the morn. Going to dilate my eyes. They didnt do that last week when I was in there. So doing it tomorrow. Hope I can see to drive home. And the see to get on here.
If I am not on here. You know I am having trouble seeing.
Am thinking of each of you.
Night
coco