South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin' Chick Chat

Happy Saturday! It's going to be a glorious day!

Little Carley wanted to stay overnight last night, and I was greeted before dawn with a little voice whispering in my ear that she wanted to go out for pancakes. She knows the routine. I imagine we'll spend the rest of the day playing out on the swingset while Jake mows the lawn. I know Amber will be over as soon as she discovers her cousin is here.

Come and share a cup of coffee with me before we start our day.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage I'm happy to hear that someone I know is getting sunshine. We have a rainy and cooler weekend on tap so no driving to the coast for us. Plenty of errands and chores to do though. I'm going to brave the first box of spring clothes and put the turtleneck sweaters away.

Time to get my To Do list together.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, you have Carley and I had Bijoux....waking me up at the crack of dawn when I wanted to sleep in this morning. She didn't want to go "out"...she just wanted me to get up...then she curled up next to my husband and went back to sleep..I think she just wanted my spot! So I got up and the other dogs wanted to go out, so I guess it was ok!

Cyndi, we are having icky weather here too...just raining, but I wanted to get out and clean up piles of stuff I chopped out of my gardens. My garbage cans were full, so I had to live with the piles till the garbage guys made a run.

Me...just hanging around waiting for the rain to stop so I can play outside this morning . If it doesn't stop, then it's housework...This afternoon is set aside for "girl stuff" in preparation for the big formal tonight. I'll even break down and use the last of the "expensive face mask" I only use for very special occasions. Found a dynamite dress yesterday...along with some sexy little shoes...and both for 70 on sale. I'm glad because I doubt I wear it again any time soon. Size 6 dress...is that cool or what? Haven't seen some of these people for 30 years and so happy that the extra tonnage is gone! I ended up buying one of those "gut squeezers" to make me look less lumpy...every little bit helps!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-18-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Cyndi and Cottage! I'm glad you are having a sunny Saturday, too.

My family hit the road about a half hour ago. We had such a good visit. Mom, Brenda and I went shopping yesterday at Kohls and Bath&BodyWorks. Mom said that I'm not 'girly' enough because I don't have smell-good soaps at my sinks. Today, I'm girly! I'm going to smell like a fruit loop!

My BIL works at the Sterilite Corporation (plastic goods like Rubbermade). Today is their open house. The last time there was an open house was the day I found out I was pregnant. Auston is excited to see all the big machines. I'm excited to visit the Sterilite store and get cheap storage containers. I also need a laundry basket.

So, I've got laundry to do, cleaning up after guests, stuff like that. I may go find flowers to plant.

I haven't been on the scale yet, but I'm sure it's not going to be pretty. Tomorrow I'm back on plan -- Phase 1 with apples. Too many leftovers in the house to start today...
Old 04-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. This is really Riuthxxx posting as Meowee.

If you don't want to cut the lawn, come here and shovel ours, CLinda. Cyndi, pass us some of those turtlenecks. It is supposed to get sunny later today.

We are off to see The Vagina Monologues tonight and I promise not to mouth the lines. Yesterday, Meowee dragged me into a Chinese Buffet, kicking and screaming, but also fed me a fantastic LARGE salad for lunch!

Have a great Saturday! I intend to have one too.

ETA: at Femme and Chelby! (A hug to Femme from Meowee - have not seen you in G. Girls lately. )

Last edited by meowee; 04-18-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #6  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls!

I finally have a moment to chat with everyone

Cottage - that is adorable. I'm thankful that Calvin isn't the type to wake before dawn....yet. Enjoy your pancakes!

Cyndi - try to enjoy your day!

Cat - try to stay dry! I want to see pictures of the dress! Have fun at your formal.

Chel - sounds like you had a great time with your family. Have fun at the open house -- cheap storage containers? I'm envious.

Ruth - I assume you are on vacation? I've been away and don't know the ins and outs anymore!

-
Woke up at 6 to DH tapping my shoulder...for..ya know...

couldn't fall back to sleep so I woke up and played around on the wii fit for 45 minutes or so.

We're meeting FIL and his girlfriend for breakfast and then driving to Baton Rouge to go shopping at the outlet mall. DH and I don't need much but Calvin needs t-shirts like crazy. The boy just doesn't stop growing out of his stuff. There are shirts that I bought maybe 2 mos. ago that are too short already! He also needs some shoes and they have a stride rite outlet.

I guess DH is having some friends over tonight, so when we get home I'll have to do a quick once over on the house.

Hope everyone is doing well. The family is finally healthy again. Connor is getting so big! I posted a video on my facebook if anyone is interested. Sent off the first check to LSU for DH's law school tuition, although he did receive an 80% scholarship so we won't have to come too much out of pocket.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning girlies! Gorgeous weather here today. DD2 is waiting to be kidnapped to a friend's breakfast birthday party. I'm not supposed to tell her they're coming, but I had to tell her not to get dressed or brush her hair, and to brush her teeth, so she's very confused. And dying of curiosity. fun idea, wish I'd had it first. Then the kids have horseback riding, and after lunch DH wants to go hiking on the Appalachian trail. I've got some pork tenderloins to grill and we'll probably light the outdoor fireplace this evening and get the neighbors over. So not much will get done today, I guess, but should be a fun and beautiful family and friends day. Hopefully I can work in a trip to the grocery store.

Oh, they just came to get her, that was really cute.

Ruth and meowee, so glad you ladies are having a blast!
Chelby, I would love to see the Sterilite plant. When I was a kid my parents used to take us on all kinds of factory tours (Hershey was the best). Seems like nowadays not many factories do that anymore.
Cat, I'm sure you'll be stunning this evening. Have a great time!
cyndi, wish I could send you some sunshine. I'll be dragging out some clothes too.
What a fun way to wake up cottage! Grandma sleepovers are the best.

Hi zeff, why don't you take a bubble bath instead of cleaning the house? You know DH's friends don't care. I saw your video, Connor is so cute! Well, that's a fun way to wake up too - mornings are my favorite!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-18-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
(A hug to Femme from Meowee - have not seen you in G. Girls lately. )
Tell em all HI for me....I've been so busy with school this year, I haven't been over there. I'll try to get over a lot more often when school is over and I have more time to breathe!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Zeff -- When Auston got to a size 5, he stayed there for a while. Before that, he was outgrowing everything before he wore it out. He stayed in 5s for about 18 months. He's just now moving to 6s. He never outgrows shoes. He's hard on shoes.

Schmoodle -- I love touring manufacturing plants, too. We've been to the Golden Flake plant (chips) and Barber's Milk. Both are very cool. We've also seen the Tabasco plant in Louisiana. If you ever get a chance, you should see it. Bud's Best Cookies has a plant in Birmingham. I'm scared to tour it.

Last edited by Chelby29; 04-18-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Saturday!!!!
Cottage - I think it's cute that she knows the "routine". I hope you enjoy the rest of your day with your family!

Cyndi - Sorry to hear that the weather is not cooperating today, but at least you'll get those "to do" things done and won't feel bad about missing out on a beautiful day.

Cat - Have a great time tonight at your "ball". I'm sure you're going to knock them dead! If you can, be sure to take pictures, we'd love to see you and hubby all dressed up!

Chelby - How fun to go to the open house today. I could totally use some new storage bins for cheap. Have a blast!

Ruth - Glad to hear that you are having a good time. Enjoy the play tonight!

Zeff - Hey there!!!! I've been back for a week and hadn't seen you around. Glad to know that family life hasn't gotten too crazy for you! Sounds like you'll be pretty busy today. Be sure to allow some time for you!

Schmoo - I remember doing a kidnap breakfast for something for high school a long, long time ago....but what a great idea for a bday party. Sounds like you've got a fun day with your family scheduled. Enjoy it!!!

Me - Pleased to be able to sleep in past 7 this morning. Took the pups down for a potty and the sun was already really warm on my back. It's supposed to be in the 80s today....crazy up and down weather we're having out here! Today has a bunch of errands to take care of: oil change, dogs to the groomers, and hopefully to the bank to see what we would be pre-approved for a home loan. And then tonight we've got dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House for my hubby to review. So.....I'm eating lettuce all day

Have a lovely weekend, ladies!!!
BLESSINGS!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:52 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning from Nova Scotia where it is NOT snowing!

Meowee and I have been enjoying ourselves with talking, petting cats and toodling around doing some sightseeing. The highlight yesterday was a visit to Frenchy's, a neat second hand clothing store, which certainly had bargains!

This afternoon we are going to a dog show. I guess that's to balance off the cats who seem to like me - well, two of the six are in hiding since I arrived but the others are very friendly. My allergies are not too bad so I may have a cat in my future.

Tomorrow it's plane time again so I won't check in. See you later Monday.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:48 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a sunnier though cooler day today. I'm off to look for some birds and do a little walking before house cleaning chores.

Ruth - Sounds like a nice visit. I love good consignment/thrift stores.

Cat - I hope there will be pictures

Schmoodle - Once again I wish I lived closer! I love hiking but DP is not such a fan. There are some great trails around here too.

Heather - hope the dinner was worth the lettuce

Zeff - Was shopping successful?

Chelby - If I smelled girly I'd be a bug magnet - not good for someone who loves the outdoors I switch everything over to lemon, peppermint or unscented around the 1st of May.

Off to enjoy the outdoors - have a good day Chicks
Old 04-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to Ruth and Meowee up in Nova Scotia, and to everyone else, too!

It sounds like Meowee is keeping you well entertained, Ruth. I'm glad your allergies aren't acting up with the kitties.

Yesterday was just gorgeous, and we spent a good bit of the day outdoors enjoying the weather. We stopped at a nursery in the morning, and Carley helped me pick out a flat of snapdragons and another of primroses, and we got them all planted, and made up some lovely container gardens for the backyard patio, too. Monica came out later, and we ended the day with a fantastic shrimp boil.

It's back to clouds and cool weather today. I have to pick up Audrey from a birthday party later this afternoon, and I'll keep her company for a few hours while Maggie is competing in a Horse Trials race. I'm thinking of asking Amber if she'd like to come along so she and Audrey can have a little playdate.

I have to find some time to get some laundry done today, too, and stop in to see my mom & dad. It's looking like a busy day!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Girls:
It took me 10 min to figure out why I couldnt post! I'm at my mom's and had to log in! (can you tell I haven't had coffee?)
Friday DH and I took the day off and went to the Abilities Expo which is a big expo for stuff and services for people who have Disabilities. This is my FAVORITE THING!
This year they had a career fair which was small but ok I gave my resume to the NSA. But made a lot of good contacts from people from different organizations looking for writers (and paying KAching!)
It felt so good to have people actually interested in my talents, and to potentially use them for something that actually has meaning!
THEN we went over to the service dog booths. ONe of the groups actually trains balance dogs that you can walk with Its definitely somethign I'm interested in for More independence. AND we looked at Vans So if I get my license we're going to invest in a new pimped vehicle now that we know more of what we need
Sorry for the Novel about this It's My favorite event of the year I tongue in cheek refer to it as Crip Christmas
Friday Night we drove to my Moms and Saturday she and I had a bridal shower for my cousins' Fiancee and watched girlie movies all night
Today we're going to meet DH halfway at the Outlets
Cottage Little Carly sounds adorable!! I'm so glad you guys had a great day and I'm totally jealous of your plants and shrimp boil
Cyn I can't wear most purfume in the spring/summer either or I'm just a big bug bite!
Ruth So glad you're having a good time! I love Thrift Stores. and as a dog and cat person, I highly reccommend getting a kitty. Our hearts clicked on 2 and i couldn't imagine life without them!
Heather How was Ruth Criss? I love your Avatar btw so cute!

Chel how was Sterilite?
Schmoo how was your fam and friends day?
Hi Zeff will have to check out the video in a bit
Mom's up so I believe it's time for Breakfast! I'm thinking Panticakes (our fam word for pancakes yes we're wierd!) Moms are the best!!
Kierie
Old 04-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Yesterday was a fun play day, but now I've got so much to do today! Cleaning, laundry, groceries, some work to get ready for meetings tomorrow, the list goes on and on. Hopefully I will get through most of it (with DH's help) and be ready for the week. Tomorrow I go phase I and completely sweets-free (Splenda too). I started pulling out the summer clothes and that makes such a huge mess too. Of course today we don't really need them, it's overcast and kinda chilly.

cottage, Mmm shrimp boil... I've got some nice big shrimps in the freezer, if we grill tonight, maybe I'll throw those on. It was a great day to be outside, wasn't it?
Cyndi, I wish you lived closer too! We've got so many great National Parks nearby, including the battlefield parks and the Appalachian trail. We're trying to work our way through all the trails around here, but I think there's enough to keep us going forever. And it'll be a while before I can handle the difficult trails. Yesterday was a 4-mile moderate, and that was plenty for me for now. Actually there were so many folks out on the Appalachian trail we couldn't park, so we went to another park.
Ruth, enjoy the rest of your visit. Have you discussed the cat thing with the pups?
hmac, I've only eaten at Ruth's Chris once, but it was great. Expensive, and special occasion for us. I saw on your facebook that you liked it!
Chel, don't think I could handle the cookie factory either. And I'm glad you can't actually go IN the Hershey plant anymore. Those big vats of chocolate are where my chocolate obsession began, I think. I'm trying to talk my friend into a day trip to the Homer Laughlin plant, where they make the fiestaware. Mostly I want to go to their outlet and buy lots of dishes.

Okay, DH is booting me off, he wants to skype his mom. I'll try to come back later. Have a great day chicks!
Closed Thread