Old 04-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #76

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #2  

here is the new thread.....nothing special cause I didn't have much time to put anything in there......just the basic information.....

off to make some dinner and keep Tommy and Brandon from rubbing their feet o my pillow!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Cristina that sounds great that you are going to get away with your son even if it is just for the weekend. I hope that you have a fantastic time.

Sassy hope that everything went well for you also.

Mindee why would they rub their feet on you pillow? Just wondering.

Hello to everyone. I now must run and make some dinner also. Chat with you all later.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #4  

just popping in before heading to bed......

Kathy~ Tommy has really stinky feet from being in his boots for almost 12 hours a day......I told him to go take a shower before doing anything else, and he said that he was going to rub his feet on my pillow. Brandon, being an almost 5 year old, takes daddy seriously when he says stuff like that, so he was actually rubbing his feet on my pillow when Tommy went into the bedroom.

BOYS! what can you do I guess?
Old 04-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #5  
Not Giving Up

GROSS ALERT!

Mindee, DH used to do stuff like that to DD and me, (they never grow up completely). DD and I were thinking of what we could do to get him to stop doing stuff like that to us....We blew our nose on his shirt. I know....but it worked. DS's were to scared that we would do that to them, so they stopped following their fathers lead. But 15 years of wet willies, fingers in our ears, and the I'm not touching you, but only almost, it called for a drastic measure.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Beautiful sunshiny day here today. I went with DH to Home Depot to pick up a new storm door. Of course, I wandered through the garden area and got thinking about planting....

Right now I am off to the yard to pick up all the sticks and debris that seem to be forever causing a mess. I looked around out there earlier and I am happy to say my ferns and clematis have shown life. Looks like I only lost 1 hosta and some ground cover. Oh, and that lily-of-the-valley that I was assured would grow anywhere...it didn't come back. And how does a hosta NOT come back? They are so hardy. (Funny thing is my BF gave me tons of hostas...and the 1 [ONE, mind you] that I bought is the one that didn't come back.) haha...

At least I am feeling like my black thumb has faded to a shade of gray.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #7  
Not Giving Up

Francie- I had to go to the bathroom and get a drink while they loaded Robert into the ambulance, then shortest commercial break ever because when I was done, he was taking off his jacket and leaving. What happened while I was gone? He obviously made it back from the hospital! You need to stop in and get a from us anyway, as we miss you.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #8  

just thought I would stop in while I got the chance......

we are doing a lot of cleaning and cooking and such, well at least I have done a lot of both so far today. just more of the same tonight and tomorrow!

tomorrow it is supposed to be another nice day and so we are trying to see about getting our friend's horseshoes from him to use tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Sassy - Thank you so very much. There is nothing as great as picking up the mail, and getting a nice card. Cole is spending the night at Grandma's tonight, and he told her that she had to put his card up in a special spot that he can see it, but noone else can touch it. (She has my niece and a nephew also spending the night.) Made our day. Thank you.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are going to a Sharon, Lois, and Bram concert in the morning. Anyone remember them?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #10  

well, I have a break in my cleaning/baking mode right now, so I figured that I would get on here really quickly to check in........

I just got done mopping the kitchen and bathroom floors.....next will be making the sugar cookies when the floor dries......then our neighbor should be here to pick up her daughter......and then I might clean the bathroom before heading to bed!

Tommy has some shopping to do, so I am hoping that he will take possibly Logan with him, but I am forseeing me here at home trying to clean the house and get it ready all by myself with the three kids running rampant!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #11  
kitty Momo

I am checking in, sorry about being MIA this week!

I hope you ladies are having a great weekend so far , it is beautiful here on the Oregon coast.

Working today and Gaby went to Portland w/ her father. Who did show up on the last swim lesson and ruined my fantasy w/ the swim instructor by all his yakking. haha

Still waiting word from the landlord on this one place I hope to get , there is another one I will go see tomorrow. It is more $$$ but on the ground floor. Oh, it is one I saw a few months ago and it is up again for rent. anyway, yada yada

Planning a trip to Hawaii in Oct! Haven't told the R man yet...........oh, I did. He just replied "do you know someone in Hawaii" and a "lol"......he is of no help. If he doesn't want me I will barge in on Cristina ...or you know I always wanted to go to Canada....so, Kathy here I come!

anyway, we can cash in earned leave so I should have money for Hawaii. Anyway, it is another fantasy. Us single people have to have them. lol

Hoovering around 145, so happy about that. I will try and catch up more later.

to to all you BIKers

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-18-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Hi
Just a pop in while I am re-cuperating from climbing the ladder. I am a little afraid of the highest rung and my legs got shaky. Our ceiling fans are up that high in the great room and kitchen. In the kitchen I have the cabinets to hold on to..but in the GR it is wide open spaces and I always feel funny once I get up there. BUT..the darn fans are truly clean. And now I am resting with a glass of tea.

Earlier today I cleaned the bathrooms (ugh, shower) and did some laundry. I also got all my kitchen cabinets cleaned and touched up a few paint splotches.....I think I will call it a day as far as cleaning...gotta save something for another day. haha

DH is putting the finish on the 4 chairs he made. I found a real buy on fabric for the seats...it had been $17.99 a yard and was $3.50 a yard because they did not have enough left for any upholstery job. Ha...it was just what I needed. So I snatched it right up. We have to go tomorrow and buy padding and then upholster them. At Joanne's last week I was all ready to buy the padding and my fabric for baby blankets. The clerk handed me a flyer with the new sale (starts tomorrow) and everything we wanted is going to be 50% off. So I will be there when the doors open...lol.

Okay...I feel stable on my feet now, so will go put the ladder away and be done! Plan on a bike ride.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

My gosh Sue, you are one busy lady! I am exhausted just reading it. Enjoy the bike ride! Be careful on those ladders.

Cristina - Hope you have a safe trip this weekend. It would be 380 miles between where I go in Arkansas and where you live, wow.....on the map it looks closer. lol

Sassy - crossing fingers for you!

hi Mindee & Kathy!

I better get back to work. I had some yummy grilled salmon on my salad today, a nice change.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

TYpical, I come back and everyone leaves, fine.

Hope you all are having a super Saturday.

This library smells like spaghetti and now I am craving it, I think I will go to the store and pick up some sauce and meat and make a pot. I haven't had that dish is forever.

Jules - How are you feeling? How is your mother?

Kathy - How is the job hunting? How is little Cole doing? Gaby has the sniffles this weekend, she says ice cream will take care of it. Call her Dr .Gaby.

Katy - You getting ready to garden? My ex looked into those apts down across from the community center, I guess since they have been redone they are pretty nice and they take care of the w/s/g. I wish he would move and I was kind of confused why he was even telling me about it.
Probably like you are wondering why I am telling you.........lmbo....just tired.

Francie - Where are you?? Hope you are doing ok.

Mindee- Do you have a picture of the tattoo that doesn't show the redness?? Everytime I see your avatar I am in pain. lol Looks sore.

k- I am exhausted so will go home and relax for the rest of the afternoon.

chat more tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Okay...I got side-tracked and didn't get to ride the bike. I cleaned out all the bird feeders and filled the ones I am using. I had filled the hummingbird feeder and lo and behold a little hummer showed up right off the bat. Last year the first one was May 3rd.

For dinner I decided to clean up leftovers. I chopped up a bowl of steamed veggies (carrots, potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower) a huge baked chicken breast and some mushrooms and onions. I mixed up a can of cream soup and tossed all together...baked for 25 minutes then topped with cheese and baked a bit longer. It was the best casserole...really yummy. Now I know what to do with leftovers. LOL..I told DH I can mix anything with soup and cheese and he loves it. LOL

Okay..that was the rest of my day. Nothing major, but at least it was sunny. DH and I sat on the porch for about an hour. Relaxing.