Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Ok, so I planned poorly...

I have to go to the grocery store now, in a starving, ravenous, state, because I literally have nothing in the house to eat until I go buy it.

I know all the dangers of grocery shopping while hungry, but I just planned really poorly this week.

Wish me luck!!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8

I suggest stopping somewhere like Subway on the way to the store and order one of their 6- inch Low Fat Sandwiches.. sit down and take time to eat, so by the time you arrive at the store you will have much better control.
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Make a list. Commit to sticking to that list with no variations.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Yes, like rockinrobin said...make a list and put on your blinders. Look ONLY for things on the list. I'm horrible about shopping hungry and just buying stuff because "it looks good and we'll eat it at some point."
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #5  

Thanks guys! Actually, I did really well. I pretty much buy the same things every time I grocery shop, so I just kind of autopiloted. The only somewhat-splurge that made it into my cart was a box of 100 calorie Oreo ice cream treats - but they were on sale for 50% off, and although I've never bought the 100-calorie ice cream treats before, they were something I'd been wanting to try from reading about them here on 3FC.

I am home now, eating an absolutely huge salad with tons of tomato, cucumber, and green onion - which, although I certainly was ravenous, was EXACTLY what I was craving!
Old 04-18-2009, 03:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Great job!!! It's a challenge for anyone hungry & grocery shopping!

And great job (again! ) on the dinner you planned for tonight!! Sounds delish!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

I've found that when I have a list...I don't deviate much from it. It is like the LIST is this constant reminder to stay on budget and not go nuts. The thing is I also go to a produce market for most of my food. That means there isn't a lot of junk..I mean it is just produce lol. I find when I go to the supermarket or even a place like Trader Joes I am tempted to buy their junk and I get overstimulated with people running around, which causes me to get emotional. lol

Good job on the shopping! I so want a salad right now...going to go make me one!

Last edited by Jacquie668; 04-18-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #8  

Oh, I WISH I had a Trader Joe's near me! The nearest Whole Foods is an hour away, so I rarely make that trek...so it is normal grocery-store fare for me. Although it's almost summer, so I am looking forward to my farmer's market & CSA goodies!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:13 AM   #9  

I rely on making lists A LOT! I can see so easily that when I go shopping without one I buy lots of more unplanned things, which is not good for my diet and for my bills either!! The fact of having it all down on paper makes it much easier for me to stick to to it, and that's the same thing that I apply to my menu planing - having a week of lunch and dinners planned ahead, makes it easier to follow it... plus, I can shop for exactly what I need, and not buy extra veggies and stuff that will go bad in the bottom of the fridge because I have not used it in time.... I love my lists!
alhrayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Grocery day salad is the best! Everything is fresh and new and interesting. That's a fabulous treat!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote