South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fabulous Friday!

Darned it...I have a day off, and woke up a little after 5. Then the darned brain wouldn't turn off. However, the birds are chirping, the morning air feels wonderful, and it's supposed to be near 70 today!!

I planned on having today off....either I was moving (apparently, not doing that!) or going away...so going away it is! We've rented a cabin at a state park in West Virginia. I can't wait!! It's been a rough week at work (can we say "personality conflict"??!!), and with the house mess, we just need a break.

But we all know how much preparation itis to get away! So shortly I will be packing everyone up and getting groceries...but then I plan on doing NOTHING!!!

Hope you chicks have a fabulous friday!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Twynn Sounds like a fun weekend plan. Hope the packing flies by and you are on the road soon.

It's going to be lovely here today but I'll be in meetings and inside catching up. I definitely plan to get out for a walk though. hope we get a little of the nice weather this weekend. We do need the rain to avoid spring fires but I prefer my rain on work days

I've got a food question - why is Israeli cous cous allowed? I like it and I want to eat it but don't understand why it's different than plain white cous cous.

Okay, time to think about the day. Hope you get to enjoy a little sunshine no matter what your day holds.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I've been busy researching Israeli couscous, and have been unable to come up with a definite answer for you, Cyndi. I know it's made from semolina, and I think it's whole wheat semolina, so that may be the reason it's allowed?

It's looking to be a great weekend for camping, Twynne. Have a wonderful time!

I have the morning off, and am waiting to hear from my DD. She and Carley may come out to spend the day with Maggie and I, and I'm looking into what we can do between the hours of 12 and 4, when Audrey gets home. Whatever we do, though, will include being outdoors. It's a gorgeous day, and it's supposed to be warm and sunny all weekend!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Twynn, I'm with you...thought I would sleep late, but the brain had other ideas. I just know your weekend will turn out fun!

Cyndi...hope those inside times fly by and you enjoy your walk. No idea on the cous cous...maybe it's made of an "acceptable" grain?

Me...decided to skip the festival and work in the garden all day...have a lot to get done out there and today's weather should be perfect for it.

I was BAD yesterday. It was my 2 year SB anniversary and we decided to go out to eat since I hadn't cooked yesterday. We ended up at a great Mexican restaurant. I ordered the ceviche salad, but they were out, so I just ordered a seafood thing and it came out in white flour tortillas...I thought I'd just scrape out the insides and eat them...but nope, ate the whole thing after scraping off the cheese. It was good, but I felt awful afterwards...yuk!!
Won't make that mistake any time soon.

** Morning Cottage...we were posting at the same time!! Enjoy the great weather!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-17-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gloriously sunny day here in Nova Scotia and I'm about to take off to drive cross country to visit Meowee and see the ocean! It'll be windy but I have extra layers.

Saw k d lang at the Metro Centre in Halifax last night after a yummy dinner. My friend from work, Rosalee, took me and I persuaded her to stay overnight in one of my queen size beds. She would have had a 2 hour drive to go home so was easily convinced. Of course we talked until after two and are a bit bleary-eyed this morning but it sure was worth it.

Time to get my butt in gear and take off for the coast. Have a super Friday - sure intend to!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ok, I found the cous cous reason...
"Made of hard wheat instead of semolina"...
so maybe it's whole grain instead of white flour??...ta da!!
At least that's what I get from this article.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-17-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday all!
Gorgeous weather here, DD2 had me dig out some short sleeves and shorts for her this morning. The big clothing swap is definitely on the weekend to-do list.
Yesterday I transplanted my leaf lettuce outside. Can't wait for our first salads!
Today I have work and a luncheon for my grandmother's birthday (94!). I am told there will be nothing beachly so I will eat before I go.
Lots of plans for the weekend - we want to take advantage of this weather.

On the couscous - I don't know the answer, but I ate some last weekend at a party and it seemed like regular white pasta to me.
Ruth, sounds like you are having a great girls' weekend. Say hello to my ocean for me.
Have a fun trip Twynn.
Happy Anniversary Cat.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-17-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Day off!!!!
Running late tho DH and I are going to the Abilities Expo (big thing for peeps who have disabilities) and going to my moms for the weekend!
hopefully bbl!
Schmoo! Never worked in a tire factory
OK now bolting to the shower! Have a great day!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

This couscous question is really puzzling! Every source I've been to says it's made from semolina, then rolled in wheat flour before being toasted. Hopefully, someone can find us a cut-and-dried answer to this mystery.

Ruth, have fun and enjoy your visit with Meowee! Don't forget to give her a hug from me!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I saw a post on another thread from meowee, and she just lost her cousin yesterday. I'm sure Ruth will be a comfort to her this weekend.
ETA: I did some looking online about Israeli couscous - there's not a lot of info, but found this:
"Israeli couscous, also called ptitim, is basically just giant couscous. It is made out of semolina wheat, the same kind of flour Italian pasta is made from. (No, couscous is not a whole grain)."
I also didn't know what "hard wheat flour" meant, so looked it up on Cook's Thesaurus:
" bread flour = hard-wheat flour = strong flour = high-gluten flour Notes: This flour has a high level of gluten, which gives bread more structure. Don't confuse it with gluten flour (also called vital wheat gluten), which is pure gluten and used as a bread additive or to make seitan. "

I think it's not on-plan unless you can find a whole grain version.

Heather, thanks for the butt-kick yesterday. I do feel peppier today. I think the weather is helping.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-17-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!! Happy Friday!! - Woot-Hoot!!

Twynn - Have a wonderful time in the cabin, I'm sure the weather will be perfect!

Cyndi - Here's hoping you get your walk in today. But if you don't, remember you have the whole weekend to take advantage of the weather!

Cottage - Have a wonderful time with your girls today!

Cat - Two years....that's awesome!!! Congrats!

Ruth - Sounds like you had a really fun time last night. I hope today is lots of fun!!!!

Schmoo - Happy birthday to your grandmother. Enjoy your own lettuce. I'm jealous!

KO - The Abilities Expo sounds interesting. I hope you're able to get some good information!

Me - Had a great time on the fieldtrip yesterday. Cathy, the chef/manager of the restaurant really gave the students some fantastic information. And the kids seemed to enjoy it. I had a steak wrap for lunch that was wrapped in a WW tortilla. It was wonderful!!! Today should go by fairly quickly, and then tonight is BUNKO!!!! I've got to remember to bring gum with me to help me stay away from the treats. Should be a good time!!!!
For those of you who watch Survivor.....what did you think?!?!?!? Very interesting last night!!!!!

Have a great day, Ladies!!!
BLESSINGS!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #12  

It's storming in Dallas and looks like it will rain all day. Good thing Rex doesn't seem to mind the thunder and lightning. I slept better last night but still have a bit of a headache. I'm hoping work will be calmer today. The upgrade of one environment starts tonight and will take a couple of days. I'll have to work on Sunday with testing/resolving issues but hope I don't get paged earlier.

I drop Brian with his Dad after school today and then he won't be back until Sunday night. I'm not sure how I'm going to spend the weekend but maybe it is a good time to get back to the gym and maybe some work around the house. I don't really want to spend any money I don't have to right now though so I have to be careful.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY!! Work has been so boring, and slow. I work for a government office (building/development) in the environmental unit. AND as you can imagine... there is like NO ACTIVITY going on in my field. I HATE IT. I wish the economy would just bounce back to what it was a few years ago! So many people here have been laid off, and I can still manage to be bored.
No big plans for the weekend, just cleaning house and spending time with my family. And avoiding CRAVINGS because I'm PMS-ing! argh. I am only one week into Phase 1 and mother nature has to butt into my diet plan (as it will once a month here on out)
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

love,

Monica
Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #14  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday to everyone!! Hope everyone has a fun time and beautiful weather. We're supposed to hit close to 90 here, so hopefully it won't be too much of a shock to the system!! Hoping to go to roller derby bout tomorrow night, but we'll see what happens. I want to get back on the bike and do a short ride and maybe take the dogs to the dog park.

Enjoy your weekend and soak it up!
Closed Thread