View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
Heather

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I think it's great you want to get a handle on your weight when you're 15!! Plus, you want to do it smartly!!

But you have challenges as a teen that us grown ups don't -- you're still growing and need to give yourself enough calories and nutrients to grow. Plus, at 280 pounds you also need more calories just to exist than someone who weighs 100 pounds less. Think of adding a couple of healthy snacks -- apple and peanut butter, or something like that.

That being said, you need a plan that YOU can stick with. You plan sounds like a great start, but maybe not nearly enough food. But is that really going to work every single day -- day in and day out? I worry that you'll get bored with the food, that something like pizza will "call" ... then you binge and next thing you know you're beating yourself up....

I guess what I'm saying is that there are lots and lots of healthy foods and you might not need to be so restrictive to be successful. Be sure to get in enough lean protein to fuel growth!

You might want to post your resistance exercise separately on the "Weight and Resistance Training" forum -- could get lots of advice!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences

Last edited by Heather; 04-16-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote