South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

Default Hi Ya'll!! New to South Beach and 3FC!!!

Hi ya'll! My name is Monica. I started South Beach for the first time ever 5 days ago. I have already lost 6 pounds!! WOOT! WOOT!! I am so super motivated this time! 6 years ago, after I had my first child I went on Atkins and lost 60 pounds in 4 months. I was so motivated, excited, and dedicated. After the big loss... my weight fluctuated a little. THEN... I GOT PREGNANT with my son (4 years ago). I put on 50 pounds with that pregnancy, and I did not lose a whole lot after all was said and done. In fact, right now I weigh only 12 pounds less than when I was 9 months prego with my first child. OUCH!!
Anyways... since my first weight loss success after I had my daughter, I never was able to harness that motivation. I would go back on atkins.. lose 10 pounds... and that would be it. Then, of course after a month I would gain it all back.
I am planning my first (10 year) high school reunion which is in October 2009. Maybe this is my motivation? I also have a diet buddy which I think so far (only after a week) has been the best idea EVER!! And, of course I am trying to get my mom and grandmother on this diet as well. This is so much easier than Atkins, and SO MUCH HEALTHIER!!!!!
I am so happy to have found 3FC, I have only been a member on here for a couple days and I think this is an awesome website!! All of you girls are so kind and motivational for eachother and I would like to be apart of it!!
SO, on Friday, April 10 I weighed in at 151. My end goal is 105. I weighed in yesterday at 145. ONLY 40 more pounds to go! *sigh* I NEED ALL THE MOTIVATION I CAN GET! I really want/need this!!! I want my confidence back again! I want to feel GOOD in my skin.

LOTS OF LOVE...
can't wait to get to know all of you,

Monica
moncheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to South Beach, Monica. This way of eating is one of the best things that has ever happened to me! Good Luck!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Monica! Congratulations on your fantastic success so far, and I'm sure that with your determination and positive outlook, you'll be celebrating your goal in time for your reunion!

Please join in on our current Phase 1 thread, and we hope to see you in our daily chat, too. We look forward to getting to know you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW: 207/CW: 202/GW: 177

Height: 5'4"

Hi Monica,

I'm new to SBD too! This spoke to me: "I never was able to harness that motivation"....I know - me either! But now new motivation has fallen upon us and we are going to make it!

Good Luck!
losin it for good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #5  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Monica and Losin It!!! There are some very good recipes on the site to help you through your journey! And we're here when you need the motivation.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

to Monica and Losin' it!

Monica, feeling good in your own skin is a very worthy goal! I agree that SBD is a very healthy option and think having a diet buddy is an inspired idea!

Losin' It, please post a new thread and introduce yourself, so everyone can welcome you personally!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

Awwww!!!!! Thanks LADIES!!!!
moncheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Monica!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #9