Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Tues, 4/14

Mornin' All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Beth, forgot to answer you yesterday...Yes, I think the "regular" cycle is 96-98 minutes, something like that. Most of the time I do the Speed Cycle. It's 46 minutes, I think, and works just fine. I only use the regular cycle if I've let dishes sit around and have stuck on crap! And I pack my dishwasher full! Isn't it great how quiet it is?!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

"speed cycle" is that like eco wash? I haven't tried all the different washes yet. Last night I saw it still have 20 minutes left to dry so I just popped the door a little. The dishes were so hot they didn't need to be dried. I figure who needs to waste time drying them. So far I love my dishwasher and haven't had any problems yet.

Ladies.. I am not doing good on my diet. Friday evening I went crazy eating everything in sight, Saturday and Sunday I didn't track at all. I ate things I shouldn't of ate and ate a lot of it. Yesterday I did better until I got to bible study. Someone made oatmeal raisin cookies, my fav, and they had a bowl of snickers mini with caramel. Then I came home and had a handful of mini reese pb cups. This morning I was resolved to get back to it and when I went to the cafeteria they had sausage biscuits. So guess who ate one of those. I think I am sprialing out of control. It's always at this point that I give up and decide that I'll always be overweight but I don't want to do that. anyone have any words of wisdom?
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #4  
My New Hamshire Red Peep

S/C/G: 173/172/130

Height: 5'2

Beth I'm kinda having issues with that. I'll eat well, really well for a week or two then I don't know what happens to me. After seeing pictures of myself from Sunday though it kinda woke me up. I just don't want to give up ya know? Its never too late to change...we just have to have the resolve to keep trying.

In my mind also its not just about the beauty aspect of losing weight. Both of my parents are obese, my father in particular has a lot of health issues. I don't want to go down that road. I don't want to be a diabetic with heart issues and back problems. As my Dr. told me its just something I'm going to have to realize I'll have to work on my weight as a life time thing.
Losing Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hello all!

Resisting temptation is hard. I find myself having to work harder to keep my emotional eating in check as of late. So, the wanting to eat certain foods never completely goes away, believe me.

squeak, don't worry about having bad days, we all have them. It will all work out. And hey, do you own an African Grey? My parents have two, and presently, I'm back home so I live with them again.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Mornin' ladies!

Well, I haven't been on since the middle of last week. It was a CRAZY and hectic long weekend for me and I'm sure for all of you as well! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend!

I was definitely not on plan for most of the weekend. Got myself back on plan today! I didn't even bother to weigh myself yesterday!

I cleaned like a mad woman this weekend and hosted dinner for 8 on Sunday. It went well but I DREADED cleaning up the kitchen! DH helped and we were done in no time, thank god! Our puppy survived his neutering but he had me up anywhere between 6:50 and 7:50 am, ALL WEEKEND...I didn't get a chance to enjoy a good sleep in. Usually a good sleep in, for me entails 9 or maybe even 9:30 and that's about it!

It's a 4 day work week for me...we had yesterday off...

I am SUPER tired today...both DH and I had a rough sleep last night. Tonight, I'm making some homemade turkey soup and taking the puppy for a long walk. I hit the gym tomorrow night after my french class. It will be my first time back to the gym in almost 2 months!

I'm gettin' there...how's everyone else doing?
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #7  

Hi all! I forgot to post yesterday, but I can say it was ok. The day had not started well because I totally overslept - it was almost lunchtime! - so I skipped breakfast, started w/lunch and after that I hit the gym, but I was careful not to overdo it like last time. It was a bit annoying because there were loads of people and I had to queue to use some machine, which I'm not used to (I tend to go mid morning, and before that I went at 7 am!). Food-wise I am quite happy, I tracked my meals and I didn't eat sooooooooo much. I was pleasantly surprised at dinner by how much I enjoyed my boiled eggs & steamed cauliflower with just balsamic vinegar, not adding oil as I used to!

Today I was a bit in a hurry because I was supposed to go and look at a place that sells fireplaces and such, so I had a quick coffee, and a banana with a smidge of peanut butter. I was out all morning (the place turned out to be closed on tuesday, but we went to Ikea to look at some stuff and it was very interesting) and actually I was quite starving at some point - I need to pack some snack for occasions like this - but I stuck to my bottle of green tea and arrived home without damage. Lunch was whole wheat pasta w/ legumes and tomatoes, then I was stuck on my pc for a while to research the fireplace stuff... had some raw carrots w/light cheese & wasabi as a snack, and then I was supposed to go to the gym for a cardio only day but really, I was soooooo not in the mood.. I don't know how it is, but I don't like exercising in the afternoon! I was *this close* to staying on my couch for the whole afternoon, but I'm proud for dragging my butt to the park and rollerblading for half an hour - which is not how much cardio I had planned, but it was the first time out with my skates this year, and I didn't want to hurt my knee that was starting to act up - and also, it was still better than nothing, I say to myself!! Now I'm going to tidy up the kitchen a little and then dinner will be a fish soup...
alhrayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #8  

Rangerchic

Yes, I do have a grey. she's a timneh african grey. Spoiled little thing. Her name is Squeak. I consider her my 2nd child. Don't know what I would do without her.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Hi everyone. Doing a drive-by posting. I'm trying to be a task master today which is totally against my flighty nature. So far doing well. I have some data entry going on that I've been procrastinating.

DH is talking babies...sigh! I like my one. She's 7, pleasant, and independent. He's quite a bit older than me, and feels his biological clock ticking, I suppose.

Last edited by SapphireBlue; 04-14-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Sentance structure
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #10  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hey all. I thought I posted earlier today, but guess I didn't.
All is well here. Been on par through the weekend, only having a handful of jelly beans once in a great while. Been to the gym yesterday and today, so worked off a bunch of them their extra pesky calories. Have been good in the water dept too. For once, everything seems to have fallen into place. The gym routine is a killer, but I am treading through it, food is good, too. Now that it is warmer around my neck of the woods, we get out, and go on a 3 mile walk everyday... well atleast 5 or 6 days a week. I am so glad Spring has finally showed its head.

Hiya Ranger Chic. Long time no see... it may be because I come and go and just don't see your posts... but wanted to say HI! How you liking your job?
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote