LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Monday, 4/13

Mornin' All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

What a weekend. I had a rough time staying away from the easter basket. Darn those peanut butter eggs and whoppers. Major stressors this weekend, plus I was tired. Not a good combination for my waistline.

Friday night DH had to drive to Wytheville Virginia to pick up a friend who was stranded. I went with him. Didn't get home until five o'clock Sat. Tried to sleep a few hours but had to get up early (at 9) because another family friend came over to help put in the new dishwasher. (Lauren, I got the frigidaire!,only it's white on the outside but looks the same and has the same features. How long do it take yours to do a normal wash? Is 98 minutes normal? that seems like a long time...)

Saturday night we found out my FIL's cousin had been murdered. He was near 70 years old lived by hisself. A great guy, he would help anyone. His son found him tied up in his living room floor. No offical word yet but it appears he was beaten to death. My FIL is not having a good time dealing with this. He had gone to see his cousin Friday morning and he wasn't home. They usually got together once a week so he was close to him. How can someone do that to an elderly man? It has to be pure evil. If you ladies pray, please pray for my FIL's family they can't accept this and need prayers for peace in their hearts and pray that who ever is responsible be caught and justice served.

Last edited by squeak351; 04-13-2009 at 10:22 AM.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Hello everyone. I didn't have such a great Easter because DH and I got into a fight, so he went to his mom's by himself for dinner. It's a lot different when you don't have food as a crutch. I have to deal with problems in other ways. We're still not talking and today is his birthday. We're both at work, so we shall see how it goes later.

Given the issues I had over the weekend, I didn't expect much when I stepped on the scale this morning. I got on the scale this morning and I weigh 209!!

I said once I got under 210 I was going to get a bikini wax. Now that I am under 210, I'm starting to chicken out. Still, I said I was going to do it, but maybe I'll do it next week when I get some courage.

Here's the numbers:

Today's weight: 209
Last week: 212
Change from last week: 3 pounds

Total Loss: 19 pounds
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Quote:
Saturday night we found out my FIL's cousin had been murdered.
OMG! Do they have any idea who did this?
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #5  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi guys...
Beth - your family is in my prayers. Keep us posted on what you find out.

I'm in a funk today! I need to go work out - too much salt this weekend. I have today scheduled off work, but I may go in. I only get 6 weeks of vacation in a year, and I only have a little under 3 weeks left. I have used a bunch already and I don't want to use days that I may "need" other times during the year. I only work 3 days a week - but, it's still hard to go to work, you know?

Luke is upstairs screaming (but, he's tired...and he needs to learn how to sleep in his crib - he's over tired, and that's the problem...and he loves being held when he falls asleep!) and the big kids are off school today .. my house is crazy!

talk to you guys later - I think I'm restarting weight watchers on Saturday. i need that accountability!
Sarah
FitSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/135/125

Height: 5'2"

Sqeak351: I'm so sorry about your FIL's cousin. So horrible. My prayers are with you and your family.

I had a really hard time staying away from the easter candy. Went to work last night and as soon as I walked in the door, someone hands me a bag of candy and yells happy easter...I just didn't have the heart to politely decline. So, I thought, I'll just east one piece...which was an absolute piece of heaven. Until I read the ingredients and saw I'd just eaten HFCS! I've worked so hard the last year and a half to eliminate HFCS from my diet. So, you would think, that would discourage me from eating any more candy, right? Wrong. I guess I figured, well, I've already blown it, so I might as well eat the rest of the bag. I've been doing so good this week. DH is even sticking with the diet this week with me! I didn't have to guts to admit I'd cheated...so, this morning I'm back on track. No cheating. Sticking with my list of "allowed" foods. I have my final weigh in for work's Biggest Loser competition on May 1st. Just a little 8 week competition. Would like to not blow the diet before then. Thank for letting me get that off my chest...feels tons better!
nurseliz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

No. They don't know who did it at this point but have a few leads. We are still waiting to hear. They won't release any information until they follow up on the leads they have. Just a sad, sad situation. This was really one of the nicest men you would ever meet. He would have given them anything if they had asked. I just can't fathom the violence. It's not it me to do something like that, guess that's why I am finding it so hard to understand.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Beth, I'm soo sorry to hear about FIL's cousin. I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Liz, Sorry about the little "mishap", but good for you getting back on the wagon!

Sarah, Ah yes, I remember the days and nights of screaming while trying to get the boys to fall asleep in their own bed/crib by themselves. My boys have actually been playing really nice all day...let's hope the rest of the week is this good!

Sapph, Good job on the loss!

OK, time to go make dinner!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #9  
My New Hamshire Red Peep

S/C/G: 173/172/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
Friday night DH had to drive to Wytheville Virginia to pick up a friend who was stranded.
My husband has family that is from Tazewell. Wytheville always sticks out in my mind because that's always the exit we get off to head that direction on 81.

I'm so sorry to hear about the murder. That is just beyond horrible. I'll keep your family in my thoughts!
Losing Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #10  
My New Hamshire Red Peep

S/C/G: 173/172/130

Height: 5'2

As for me I'm hanging in there. I ate way too much on Sunday. Monthly is on its way again so I'm irritable. Then it seemed like every picture I saw of me that was taken yesterday I looked fat. I'm at my highest weight ever outside of pregnancy and I'm just not happy about this. On one hand this is a good thing...pictures make great motivation.
Losing Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #11  

Sometimes we can't stop us to eat more delicious food, but we need a good motivation to lose weight.
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #12  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hi all. Very stressful day, thankful its over.
Try to say more tomorrow when I come by.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote