South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #1  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Default Coupon Divas?

So, who does the whole coupon thing? I know I heard someone talking about it the other day but can't remember who it was- I was looking for some tips on how to most efficiently do it I used to clip coupons but would end up with a bunch of random stuff that I didn't really need

Anyone have any great sites to get coupons from as well?

I guess I may be looking for anew hobby- lol, and it doesn't hurt that it would be saving me money too!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I used to do it, but I usually ended up going to several different stores to shop because I wanted to combine the coupon with the sales to get the best deals, and it took a lot of time plus the time it takes to plan your menus around your deals.
I don't do it anymore. I save way more just by shopping at Aldi's now and save a lot of time. I also don't know how that would work with SB because most of the coupons tend to be for processed foods.

So, I'm no help to you... Probably shouldn't have posted!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm starting to clip coupons more, but I'm not very good at it. I found I need to get a larger newspaper than the local, they have MUCH better coupons. And, most coupons are for stuff for the kids. I do sometimes get coupons for...dannon yogurt or similar.

I think the best coupons are the store ones. Here at Giant Food Stores, if you sign up on their website, you get a monthly coupon via email. This month is $5 off meat. Last month was off produce.

I think coupon clipping is difficult with SBD!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:19 AM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I guess I was looking more toward clipping coupons for either food for dh, or household items and stuff- like ziplock, cleaners, pet supplies, makeup... Thanks for your input chicks!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i know there are sites you can get them maybe if you do a little googling you will find some

check coupons.com i beleive you can print the coupons you want off there and use them

Last edited by me4life; 03-24-2009 at 09:01 AM.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

When Auston was a baby, companies sent me coupons -- pampers, beechnut baby food. I printed the coupons and took them to the stores. I was told that printed coupons didn't count as coupons -- it had to be newspaper or magazine coupons.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #7  

Oh, ziplocs and stuff like that? I don't think I'll ever pay regular price for that again. Especially the first sunday of the month, I think it's proctor and gamble (or whoever) has a huge pack of coupons. My grocery store doubles any coupon up to a dollar, so that's a pretty awesome discount. I also go to a discount store for basics like sandwich bags.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #8  
starting over again

I love coupons. I mainly use them for non-food items. I haven't paid for toothpaste, shampoo or soap for years. hotcouponworld.com is a great for finding deals.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #9  

I dug this up to remind you - first Sunday is generally the best for coupons! The front of the newspaper today has "331 worth of coupons" on it, generally it's more like 150-200. I haven't clipped mine yet, but I'm about to! I'm hoping for a folger's coupon!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just found this one: http://mambosprouts.com/coupons/ for all the granola types
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I tend to go to the sites for the products I like and register then they'll send you coupons
no stores around here will take printed!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

go to coupons.com and you can print up only the coupons you want and they have the barscan that works and stores accept them no problem. Do not use eversave.com stores will not accept those coupons.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote