South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Morning Chirpings

Good morning.

I'm sitting here sipping coffee and watching the glimmer of light in the East get brighter as I survey my messy house. Mondays, gotta love 'em.

We had a lovely Easter day with a lot of good food and good company, and the house shows it. I'll have to do a good vacuuming and scrub the kitchen floor before I head over to Cindy's this morning. The fridge is full of leftovers, so Jake should be set for his suppers the next few days. Me? Well, let's just say I should be eating lettuce all week.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Another feeding frenzy has passed. Christmas, Valentine's and Easter are too close together. Aside from summer BBQ's etc, I guess we could be "safe" until Turkey Day! I avoided chocolate but my scale is sure not happy this morning either.

Busy day ahead which will include a vet trip with Jazz if they are open. Easter Monday is a holiday for some and not for others. I meant to finish my Delta Fair poster yesterday but need more coloured markers so need to do some shopping today.

My washer just finished so I am going to hang the sheets outside in a few minutes - wearing my coat as the temperature is 21ºF here at the moment! It'll "warm" up to the 40s later. Yesterday was bitter with the north wind but the kids enjoyed the egg hunt anyhow.

Lots of stuff on the list today so I'd better get with it. I am off for a short trip to the Maritimes later in the week and am amazed at what I have to do before then.

Hope your Monday is cheerful and sunny.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - yes, monday is...Messy (we'll use that one next week!). I didn't even have guests over, but the 4 and 6 year olds do a great job.

Ruth - Brrrrr! And I thought our easter egg hunt was a bit chilly!

Me - yesterday was nice. I was apprehensive, my DH's friend invited us to her parent's for Easter. I've never met her, or any of her family. But it was quite nice!! They were very warm (and laid back) so it was enjoyable. And, the chocolate decadence is GONE. Good thing too! It tasted phenomenal, but I must say, my tummy is NOT used to such rich food!!

Today, like most, is catch up day. Time to work, go grocery shopping. If I can get rid of this congestion, I'll try to go on a run too!

Have a great monday!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:47 AM   #4  

I eat too much on Easter day. I like to eat some lettuce in the next few days. I need to lose some weights.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...sounds like everyone has Easter hangovers!!!

I behaved pretty well...over did it a little last night, but nothing "bad".
Not much going on here. I got up early to do some updates on a client's site (actually pretty much my only client left because she can't find anyone to take over the site) Want to head outside to do some weed pulling in a bit. We had some really stormy weather last night and the ground is all mushy, so great for weed pulling.

I'll spend the rest of the day working on powerpoints for my reading lessons to get that out of the way so I can play the rest of the week before school starts again. Each day's lesson takes me about an hour or so to do in powerpoint, but makes life a lot easier in class. I have a smartboard and the powerpoints make everything very "visual" for the kids.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #6  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! I hope you all had a happy Easter!

Linda - I'm with you, lettuce for the whole week!

Ruth - Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead, but who's surprised??? And I totally agree with you regarding difficult eating times during the year. But now that they're past, I can refocus and do better!

Tammy - Sounds like you had a good time! Hope today is just as good!

Cat - Good to see you! Good for you using power point in you classroom. Great idea! I know it makes a difference.

Me - Wow have things gotten out of control with my eating! It's ridiculous! And my hubby is in a similar boat. But we're back on track today. I think exercise for me is a bigger key than I give it credit for. So I was up this morning to do my old WATP video. It felt good to sweat a little. Maybe I can talk dh into a walk for this afternoon.
Not much going on, I go back to work from a week off for Spring Break. It'll be nice to be back in the routine of things.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!!
ENJOY!!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Do you know how hard it is getting dressed without electricity? I was heading out the door for work with my blow dryer in a bag, and the power came back on. By then, my hair was mostly dry, so I look pretty rough today. I feel bad, too. I need coffee!!! We lost a 100 foot tall tree in our back yard. It broke off about 6 feet above the ground. It was quite a storm.

But, I'm at work, bad hair and all. Hope we all recover from Easter Egg Overdose.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #8  
-

Some of you "oldies"....do you remember that little blue duck we had last year? (the one that I had the video of in the bathtub?) (the one that has a neurological problem?) Well, Rupert is still alive and doing well....and we got a surprise this morning...she laid an egg!! She is really cute with the dogs...they all really love her and they lick her and she "nibbles" at them.

Chelby...that must have been the same storm we had here that knocked out your power...glad it's back on again!

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-13-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Femme -- It was the same storm. My family is from Lake Charles. They got it yesterday. I'd love to see the video of the duck.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

AW! I remember the wee blue duck. I didn't know "he" was going to be a mommy.

The vet trip was pretty inconclusive. I need to take in a pee sample first thing tomorrow morning. Can you picture me, un-coffeed, in my robe and slippers, stumbling around in the dark yard waiting for Jazz to lift or squat?

On with the rest of today.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone!

Cottage: I'm glad your Easter feast was enjoyable and I hope that you can get things cleaned up quickly. Enjoy your day!

Ruth: Brrrrr! I can't believe it's still that cold up there! I hope you have a warm day inside. I can't imagine what Jazz will be thinking as you collect your sample!

Twynn: I'm glad you had a good time yesterday. Those situations can be nerve-wracking, especially on a major holiday, but it sounds like it was great! I'm in the middle of a catch-up day as well!

Cat: No Easter hangover here! I love that Rupert has laid an egg. How funny! It's great that she fits in so well with the rest of the family. Enjoy your week off!

Heather: I've noticed the same thing with me lately. If my working out is on track, my eating usually isn't that far off either. I hope you have no problems getting back into the swing of things; I'm sure you won't! Enjoy your day back at work!

Chelby: Ugg, no electric would really stink in the morning! I'm glad it's back on. I'm saddened by the loss of such a large tree but I'm glad it didn't hit the house or anything.

Me: Rush, rush, rush here. We have a lull at the office today between people getting their appraisal notices and calling to complain about them, so I'm trying to catch up on paperwork and correspondence stuff. I'm going to get back into the swing of things at home and the house is in dire need of a dusting, so that's on the agenda after working out tonight. I'm hoping that after all of that I have time to sit down and work on the prayer shawl I'm crocheting, but we'll see.

Our meal yesterday was actually SB P1, unless you count the wine sauce I made for the pork tenderloin. I came up with the recipe for the tenderloin on the spot and was so happy when it turned out so delicious! We also had roasted asparagus and salad on the side. It's a meal we will be repeating for special occasions.

Okay, off to work again!

~Kim
Old 04-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quick chirp-in this morning! There are tons of students here for help now that the break is over and it's back to work. Only four weeks left in the semester, and I think the students are starting to feel it. (One of them just ran by, yelling, "Oh ! I'm late for class!" )

This weekend went really well. I did Phase 1 last week after my birthday weekend of excess, and I didn't want to mess it up, so we avoided brunch at our favorite place and just ate leftovers at home. Not as fun, but I know I'm going to love the scale tomorrow. I did try one package of Sugar Free Peeps. While the marshmallow was good, the outside stuff was odd (because it's not sugar?). Still, it made the day feel more festive, I guess!

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying being back on track! :

Last edited by beachgal; 04-13-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Crazy and swamped here but back OP! Easter =Gastronomic HAdes!!!! bbl
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #14  
-

Chelby Ok, here she is
She has a problem where she can't walk very far without falling over...one of her legs is "floppy" and she doesn't have much control over it. Now that she is grown, she can get herself back up with her wings. She is a crested duck and has what looks like a cotton ball on top of her head. (she's all white now...the blue wore off!)

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-13-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, getting a sample from a tiny, low-to-the-ground dog is NOT fun. I have to do it often with Angel and it's a contest of wills that sometimes lasts more than a week (wish I were kidding...). Hopefully, since Jazz is a boy, he's more inclined to lift a leg, which should make collection easier. You do paint a funny picture, though... BTW, I love that you're coloring with markers. Wish I could join in!

Twynn, I'm so sorry about your tree and the electricity! How awful (the tree--I'm sure your hair looks better than you think it does)! Glad you're all okay, though!

Femme, I'd LOVE to see the darling ducky! How cool that it turned out to be a girl! Sexing poultry is not easy, so you're kind of stuck waiting for an egg to find out, in my experience. Ducks are such fun pets!
Closed Thread