Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default G2009 - Reflections of the Way Life Used to Be Challenge

This challenge runs from today – 4/12 through Memorial Day 5/25. All WEKKLY WEIGH INS ARE DUE TO ME BY 11:59 PM on MONDAYS!

I am using the last challenge final weigh in as the start weight for the challenge. If you are new to our group or if you’ve gone astray and were once with us and now are back – Secondly, please PM me your current weight, your goal weight for the END of 2009.

For this challenge, I’m doing something a little different. I am going to set your weekly goals. I am taking your current weight, subtracting your 2009 goal weight, dividing by 38 (number of weeks left in the year) and multiplying that by 6 (number of weeks in the challenge). I am doing this to give EVERYONE AN ATTAINABLE GOAL for the challenge. It’s a lot easier to take in little bites – rather than one big hunk… And yes – although we’d ALL love to lose #25 this month – it’s just not feasible. Slow & Steady is key. You didn’t gain the extra weight in 6 weeks – it’s not going to come off that fast either! I want to focus everyone on making attainable, realistic goals.

I will post EVERYONE'S Weekly Goals and their challenge Goal weight tomorrow - after I have finished the stats for the Easter Challenge... hang tight! I'm also sending PM's to those girls that originally signed up for the G2009 challenge - and have dropped out for whatever reason. I want to give them a chance to get back here too if they choose to.

As for the theme of this challenge – “Reflections of The Way Life Used to Be”. I want all of you to think of one (just one) bad habit that they had at the beginning of the year that you’ve now broken… or a good habit that you’ve built. Also if there was any key component in doing so. Building good habits and breaking bad ones is the key of living a healthy lifestyle – and ALL of us are here in order to do that and to support and learn from one another… so help a fellow Chick Out!

Ok here’s to a HARD HITTING – GOAL OBTAINING – LEARNING AND REFLECTING 6 WEEKS!

Last edited by Enygirl; 04-12-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Woohoo I get to post 1st

So this is a difficult challenge, bad habits bad habits bad habits. That is gonna take some thinking, I know I have some but I cant think if i have new ones or if i've broken any.

I have another happy thing to share.....My belts...I love belt buckles and my DH gets my gorgeous shiny ones frequently, Well, my belts dont fit anymore, i have a studded one i cant put anymore holes is as the studs are in the way and my plain leather ones need more holes, I am so happy about this, but it means my jeans are hanging low, I wear my belt round my hips so its at my widest point as i feel the large buckle disguises my pot belly

Anyhoo, I did loads of weeding and gardening today the weather has been gorgeous and it's about time, its rained most of this bank holiday weekend,
Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Eny~Thank you for doing our stats for us. It makes it a whole lot easier when it is in small bits. Mels idea for our next challenge is so totally awesome I can not wait to get it going!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #4  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm really looking forward to this challenge. As soon as I'm feeling better I will be starting C25K, and I can't wait. I've already bought new running shoes. Hopefully the running will give that extra boost I need. I think Mel's challenge idea is awesome also. It'll give me extra reasons to make sure I get out there and run. And Eny, thanks for breaking down our yearly goals. It definitely does make seem more attainable.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #5  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Ahhhh....

Bad habit broken - Smoking... stopped last September but really didn't forget about it until February or so. Now it seems foreign to my world.
Good habit lost - going to be early to get up at 4 and do my workouts. Exercise done at the front end of my day is always the most rewarding. My success lies in having a partner... to quit smoking with, to go to bed early with, to keep me accountable. Gotta reinstate the bed time thing with my man!

A fresh start for me this challenge... Koshinogi... I hope to follow in your foot steps... my starting weigh for this challenge is your original starting weight.... I would love to celebrate 20lbs... I hope to get over 10 of it off in the next 6 weeks. You are an inspiration!

I agree, that Melissa's exercise challenge sounds interesting. I am just about ready to sit down and do the planning mini-challenge from the last thread. Going to stick this one out with you girls!

Melissa - my weigh in days will be Thursday morning. Once a week, right PARTNER!!!!

Zoo
- I am going to restart C25K myself Tomorrow. Not looking for to it, but looking forward to the results!

Eny
- again... thanks for all your work!

Okay chickies... off to plan my days. Lots of travel and stuff so I have to hold myself responsible (as someone so generously reminded me on the last thread - Thanks!)

Type soon!

And A
Old 04-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #6  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

I am here girls! I have lost 26 lbs since I started this whole weight loss journey in Dec.

I have been interval training on the treadmill about 3 weeks ago. I love that the weight keeps coming off. Cannot wait to make it to goal!!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #7  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well i can think of one good habit that i know that i set out to accomplish and that is drink more water during the winter months and on the weekends. the weekends still need a little work but during the week i am drinking a lot more water. granted we are just no getting out of winter and into spring but at least i have that started. i am still struggling at getting up at 4 AM to do some exercising in the morning but i am also still working on that. that is going to be one of my main goals for this challenge. as far as bad habits that i have broken that one i will have to think on for a while.

Eny--- thankyou for going through all of that work for us. for me it puts things into perspective and seems alot more acheive able. take it one week at a time.

Last edited by mrsaugie; 04-12-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #8  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi ladies, I apologize for dropping off the map for the last several days. I'm back I've spent most of the last week at my parents house. My mom had back surgery so I stayed there to take care of her. She's doing much better today so my parents sent me home this morning.

I've really been enjoying the c25k program, I started a couple weeks ago. I'll be honest, I tried it about 40 lbs ago and it physically hurt to run. The impact in my legs was just too much. This time I was really nervous, but so far no pain other than muscle soreness. I'm starting to think that another 40 lbs down and I may be able to actually fly.

It's kind of odd to have someone else set my goals, but I'll live through it. I guess it will at least maybe be something that I could actually hit, since the last two weight goals I've set I've missed by 2 lbs each time.

So my good habit: I've been exercising regularly since the beginning of the year. My def of regularly is at least 4x per week, usually I hit 5 or 6 days.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by diary View Post
I am here girls! I have lost 26 lbs since I started this whole weight loss journey in Dec.

I have been interval training on the treadmill about 3 weeks ago. I love that the weight keeps coming off. Cannot wait to make it to goal!!
dairy WELCOME BACK! Can you please let me know what your current weight is and your goal weight for 2009. That way I can make sure the stats are right. If you're one of the diligent and actually make sure your ticker is completely up-to-date that'll work too. Oh and Total Kudos to you for losing the #26! That's AWESOME!

Last edited by Enygirl; 04-12-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
It's kind of odd to have someone else set my goals, but I'll live through it. I guess it will at least maybe be something that I could actually hit, since the last two weight goals I've set I've missed by 2 lbs each time.
I'm not actually setting your goal - i'm just taking the goal you already set for yourself and making it into realistic chunks.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! How exciting! A new challenge! YAY!

Eny- I think it is so awesome that you are going to break it down for us like that. I think we feel so overwelmed sometimes and think its all or nothing!!!! You doing this for us should really help people stay on track!

As for my habits....I would say that one bad habit I have broken is just giving up on losing weight. Yes I have struggled...but I have learned NOT to give up! Instead just figure out what isn't working and change that! I know I'm gonna get it this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Melissa - my weigh in days will be Thursday morning. Once a week, right PARTNER!!!!
Okay! I'm gonna weigh in on Mondays only (but not tomorrow as the challenge is just starting) since weigh ins are due on Mondays I'm just gonna make that my day so I don't have any other reason to weigh in...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by diary View Post
That is AMAZING! Congrats....your gonna need to post some progress pics soon to motivate the rest of us!!!

I'm off to post the next challenge!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Ok. I am back. It was very hectic and I just kind of slacked. But here I am and here I will be so that I can continue to keep the weight off.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Default Mini-Challenge #1

Mini-Challenge #1

"Walk" Across America

Hey everyone! So, this is the first mini-challenge. First of all I just want to tell you that this challenge is going to run until the end of the over all challenge (May 25th).

So...here's the deal pickle --> For every minute you walk/jog/swim/bike/exercise it counts as a mile towards walking across America.

We are ALL starting at Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware.

You will be responsible with keeping up with your exercise minutes (all minutes of exercise count no matter what you are doing) in your signature or at least updating us as often as you can.

There is a total of 5,048 miles to get all the way across through California.

Go to this website....(hint set this to your favorites so you can refer back to it)

http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm

Here you will find the distance to your next location. Also, you can click the link next to each location and learn something about the location and see pictures, etc. Interesting stuff! It will be like you are actually there!!!!

Soooo.....get your hiking gear ready, pack a lunch, and get lots of water!!!! Who is gonna get the farthest during this challenge!!!????

If you have any questions....Just ASK!?
Good Luck and happy exercising!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 04-12-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Wow. Great challenges ladies.

My new good habit is I added Yoga to my exercise regime. I love how it makes me feel.

A bad habit I have improved on is the amount of sweets I eat. It is still a struggle but I am doing much better lately (except this weekend).

Koshi-Congrats on losing 20 pounds. Awesome!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #15  

Mel - I LOVE that ALL exercise minutes count! What a GREAT idea! You ROCK!!!

I'm SO happy to see some of the original girls that signed up back on here. I know that life gets in the way of our plans - but this is YOUR time to make a BIG POSITIVE difference for YOU!

I hope that more girls join back up - and that all the girls from the Easter challenge come back.
Closed Thread