Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 01:49 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default scale shock

Got the scale shock this morning. 289. Lovely, just lovely. I am up 20 lbs from my lowest in April of this year. Very disappointed in myself. Time for some tough love. From myself and everyone who cares about me. This is ridiculous. Enough is enough.

I have been feeling like I needed a new plan, so I am starting my new, "Am I hungry...What's the BEST choice" living today. I am just going to do what needs to be done. Eat when I'm hungry, drink when I'm not and when I am hungry I am going to make the best choice possible. BUT, if I don't see results on Monday, the 14th...it's back to counting. (please call me on this!!) I'm hoping this will push me into more life changes instead of being on a diet that I'm either "on" or "off". I have a very on/off mentality about this whole thing and that needs to change. I need something that I won't get "tired of" or bored with.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:20 PM   #2  

*HUGS*

*MORE HUGS*

I am holding you're hand all the way there Sandi!

Last edited by Jenniffer; 10-07-2002 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:40 PM   #3  

It's tough to "fall of the wagon" when we're doing this weight loss thing. But you are a strong, strong woman, Sandi, & I KNOW you can do this.

Maybe this change is just thing you need!

I'm here to support you in any way I can (& I'm always good at giving a swift kick in the arse if ya need it!)
Old 10-07-2002, 03:06 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

I'm holding you to that Kayla!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 03:14 PM   #5  

Okay, Sandi! Hmmm... we need a smilie of a little guy getting a boot to the bum!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 10:06 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

hey girl!!!! HOOSIERS DON'T GIVE UP!!!!! trust me on this one. my mom is the most stubborn determined woman i've ever met!!! the only ones who've ever come close are all her hoosier relatives..

so, do what you know is right. we're behind you all the way.. kicking and nagging the whole time...
Old 10-07-2002, 10:47 PM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Sandi...I know what you are feeling! I have been on the "eat when you're hungry, don't when you're not" plan for about four weeks now and I've only gained one pound. I figure all I need to do is throw some exercise in the mix and I will lose again.

I'm buying a Bowflex....always wanted one...I'm just waiting for my credit to be approved.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:08 AM   #8  
Catwoman

I started my woe with that plan, its and oldie and a goodie! I soon found I had to add things like exersize over the following weeks but it certianly is a great place to start to get used to eating lowfat without falling off the wagon. My woe is constantly changing and evolving as I get better at it or as my body gets more resistant to dieting, I dont think of it as failure to change eating plans - change is good. As long as you keep trying and keep focused on what your trying to achieve you'll get there. Best of luck Sandi,

Kitty
Old 10-08-2002, 08:43 AM   #9  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Sandi..
I'm in the same boat you are right now.

We need to find that groove!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Sandi,

I really don't know what to say. I wish I had some magic fairy dust. I only have one question. Are you ready? I know that yes, your ready to lose the weight, but are you "truly" ready? I ask, because I've been there. I thought I was ready, many times before. I wanted to lose the weight so bad, that the thought of doing so would make me cry. I would become over whelmed. I dreaded being on a diet. Every morning was an internal struggle. But this time.....I had an epihany.....Something came over me. A sense of peace and calmness, a "can do" attitude. The attitude that I was doig this for me and only me. This feeling came over me in June of this year and in 4 months I've dropped over 45 pounds! Do I have my highs and lows? of course. But since that day, I have come to embrace each new day. I don't dread it like in the past. I believe that the biggest contributor to this journey, is our mind set. Everyone here believes in you, but do you believe in yourself?
Old 10-08-2002, 08:58 AM   #11  

I am going to shock my system. No more little bit here, little bit there. I will survive the next 7 days..and then I will feel so good..I will keep going.

The end of the year is almsot here. Now or never for me!

Old 10-08-2002, 09:02 AM   #12  

{{Sandi}}} Don't despair!! Your new mindset is right on target--make the best possible choice when you're hungry. Just remember to take it one day, one meal, one hour at a time. You can do this!!!!

Barb
Old 10-08-2002, 10:06 AM   #13  

Sandi... How is the "Best Choice Living" going after a day? Remember... I'm here to keep you in line!
Old 10-08-2002, 11:03 AM   #14  
Long Time Member

Yesterday went well. It felt good not to have the pressure of a diet. I didn't get back on the scale, waiting until Monday. Really wanted a doughnut this morning, had skim milk and a banana.

Tonight I am going to see Cher, so that means we will be eating downtown (Chicago). SO we'll see how "best choice works there". That'll be a good test. I am excited though, normally, it would have been...well there is no way I'll do good tonight, so I will be over my points anyway, let's just go all the way!. Now it's one choice at a time.

Dyan - I think I need to just do for a while. I don't know if I'm ready. This no pressure thing I like. But I'm glad I have you all watching my back!! When is your surgery scheduled?
Old 10-08-2002, 11:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Yipee for Sandi !! I'm so glad that yesterday went well and all the pressure is off. Life is so much more relaxing that way. We can only do so much right? I just want to get up and dance for ya....this what I would probably look like , hehe.

Have a great seeing Cher.....I really like her.

As far as the surgery goes, I should be finding out on Thursday. I should also be finding out if they'll cut me open or do the belly button thing. Got my fingers crossed for the BB, scared to death to go under "the knife".

Dyan the
Closed Thread