Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Default self control is waivering.

So, with easter approaching and the cooking going on in my house, i feel terribly deprived knowing i cant eat any of it. usually i am perfectly fine. but when there are 15people around my table eating everything i cant eat. its hard. maybe its just the last two days where i feel hungry all the time and i really just want to eat some real food. but when i do eat some real food, i feel extremely guilty, and like the weight is never gona come off. i dont even know what to do about it. i'm not going to quit.. because i want to lose the weight, i just... i want to be able to eat all the foods i love, and i know that i cant anymore. Also, my family is not even in the same ball park as healthy so its even harder when i live in this house, come home and theyve ordered 2 large pizzas.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hmmm, I'm sorry you're feeling that way - my food is REAL food, I enjoy it and look forward to it as much as the food I used to eat more frequently before I changed my life.

You have the internet at your fingertips are there are literally THOUSANDS of good, healthy, tasty recipes available. If you feel like pizza, make some pizza - I love my home made pizza with sun dried tomato, spinach and fat free feta.

I knew when I started this time, I could not live a life where I felt unhappy and deprived. I had dieted like that before - bland, plain, frankenfoods that I didn't really like. From the beginning, I decided to only eat foods I liked and was surprised to find out how MUCH I did like.

Good luck!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #3  
No description available.

A slice of pizza and a salad is a fine choice. The whole pizza, not so much. I eat real food---in fact when I eat what I plan I eat more whole, real foods than when I didn't/don't stick to it.

Real food: whole grain cereal, eggs, turkey sandwich, salmon, spinach, mushrooms, avocado.....

What foods are you family preparing for tomorrow? Can you make the best choices possible (lots of veggies, no seconds, go for a walk, small dessert)? This journey is about incorporating healthy changes into real life.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I can relate with the family issue. I'm the only one trying to cut down in my household, but the way I look at it now is "that's okay." My children are both very thin, my husband is not ready to make a change, so, hey, all I have to be responsible for is me! As for Easter, yes, it will be a challenge to the tastebuds, but it's just food. In the past, I've always thought, "If I don't eat this or that, I'll be missing out!" But really, it's not like I couldn't just make or go buy any of it any day of the year. What real missing out is there? What I really miss is my thinner, healthier body. That's what I can't snap my fingers and get. The food is just food. My health and self-esteem are what really matter!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-11-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I agree with the other posters ~ can you make some other veggies (roasted or steamed) like sweet potato (yams) or a buttercup squash; broccoli & cauliflower & baby carrots; or maybe asparagus tips; mashed turnip; what about whole baby red potatoes with skins on? You can have a little of this and a little of that; that's what I do.

I deliberately make piles of different kinds of veggies plus a salad; and have some turkey or ham with them and that's real food. I have one small dollop of potatoes, one spoon dressing, and a big dollop of turnip and put a spoon of gravy on both. My DH is having regular pumpkin pie, but I'm having equally delicious pumpkin custard (no crust).

We also serve tomato wedges, cucumber slices, celery boats, and a dish of different kinds of pickles. When there's lots of people we also have a plate of devilled eggs and cheese cubes. All of these things are OK, when you eat a few. You could literally fill your plate with veggies and meat! And, these are real foods ...

I noticed many people also bring a veggie and dip tray to their family gatherings so that people can have something healthier to snack on. At Christmas, I now put out a variety of nuts and a dish of cereal snacks & pretzels, and we've never had any complaints about that yet.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

i have requested for my mom to make some healthy choices because she knows what im trying to do. i know there is lots of real food out there that i love, i guess because im on jenny craig some days i feel that i need to eat something that doesnt come from the microwave. usually i eat really healthy if i dont eat jenny, and usually about once a week or every two weeks, ill eat something considered... not too healthy but dont beat myself up about it because i work out a min. of 4 days per week.. it could be the scale too. only one down one pound this week so far. i think i feel worse about everything when im having a bad day already. (i know one pound is great.. its just hard to take when youre used to 3 pounds every week) plus i know.. that whenever im feeling like this i can come here and get support. thanks for that. ive tried saying things to my friends and family such as today.. "i wish i could just eat what youre eating" and they just kinda shrug it off and respond with things like "yeah but im not trying to lose weight" and then they change the subject. this is pretty much the only place i can turn where i get constructive responses that encourage me to stay motivated. so thank you. truly. tomorrow ill be having a salad, lots of veggies, some shrimp, and my mom is making "lamb chop lollipops" with low fat feta cheese. and a jenny craig chocolate cake instead of whatever dessert theyre having here. i think ill do an extra half hour on the stair master tomorrow.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #7  

Height: 5'11"

I'm having Easter dinner at my parents' house. Normally I bring a macaroni salad to family dinners because my oldest son and nephew love it. My youngest son and I don't even like it! So this year, I'm letting someone else handle the macaroni salad and I'm bringing a "fruit salad". Basically it's just going to be a huge bowl of all kinds of mixed fruits with a few raisins and walnuts thrown in (no marshmallows, no sour cream) and dressed with low-fat whipped topping. So my plan is to have a huge pile of the mixed fruit salad, and then a small taste of everythign else. I can't let Easter go by without some of Mom's ham gravy, even though I know the sodium is going to make me puffy and tight for days!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote