Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Health Focused Friends - April, 2009

Hello!

Here's a group for anyone, whether you are a Weight Watcher member or just thinking about joining WW, to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, having a positive outlook on life, and losing weight along the way. This is what Weight Watchers promotes anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Here you go, ladies! Post away.

Last edited by Jane; 04-04-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi there.. yeah I've been quite busy! We had a problem with our closing and our contractor so we've been busy getting everything fixed so that we CAN close this month!! We should be closing early next week though. We're very excited.
Otherwise.. I lost it a little bit with weight watchers the other week. I'm actively working to change that. The one good thing is through that time I did keep exercising. We had family in town and ate at family's house, or out, for about 4 days in a row!! I didn't fare too well
I'm back on track and have added some new foods to our list! Frozen raspberries, I know, they get mushy. But I put them in my oatmeal, with fresh fruit or just coming out of the freezer before they get mushy. Also, more fresh fruit other than just apples and grapefruits! I've also picked up some frozen Edemame. I cooked the bag today and will snack on it for the rest of the week. I'm also going to start incorporating that into more dishes.
And I've also started working on my water intake. I DO count milk and tea. I know I really Shouldn't.. but it works for me I don't count coffee, or any other drink.. except low sugar Sobe Life water drinks (2pts for the whole bottle, tastes good and no artificial sweeteners and packed with some vitamins)...
Anyhow.. off for a quick nap and then work!! Sorry I haven't posted recently!
I hope that everyone is doing well, keeping happy, healthy and safe!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'7"

Cool how about a goal ??

Is any one on this thread up for a goal setting challenge???
I will start
I want to be down 10lb by May 1
I should weigh in tonight.
Then I will set up a ticker just for April.

I do not show my dogs or cats I could if I had better health.
I go in to the DR. in an hour it is a new Dr. so I am a little stressed. My regular Dr. wants me to have more tests done on my thyroid and he is not on my insurance so I have to go to some one who is.
Kathy I did not pick up on your coming to my area I am in Fallbrook it is in to top San Diego county I am directly south of Temecula. This is a great week to be here the weather is just right.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

I like your idea. I don't think I'll do a ticker. But my goal is to be 5lbs down by May. That would put me at 148. I'm at 153 right now. That really means I'll have to make sure I stay OP! I think if I focus I can do it!
Other mini goals:
Get my 8 glasses of water in
eat more of a variety of fruits/veggies
get 20g of fiber each day! And get DH used to 15-20g fiber/day (his body hates increasing fiber, so I'm doing it very slowly..)
Exercise 6 days/week

We'll see how this goes!!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sorry to have not checked in this month. Time flies....

I have been under the weather, and just hate Spring illnesses. Found I had fluid behind my eardrums which causes a great deal of ear and head pain. (or at least it does for me) Then I had to have tests for an abdominal ailment..again. Same battle for 4 years now. SO I am awaiting results and hoping they will finally take out my gallbladder.

Sounds like you two gals are up for a challenge and doing quite well. I think I will pass on one until I get my health back on track. My weight has been up and down again and quite disheartening. I had gotten down to 165 and then after a recent trip was back above 170...grr. Today I am back to 170 and hopefully on my way the RIGHT direction. For some reason my body settles in easily at 170 and likes it there...hard to budge!

I am searching garden sites and info for plants to grow in shade or semi-shade. Lots of trees in the backyard, but I want some more plants and pretties.
Jane- Are you planning your beautiful cutting garden again this year?

Hi to everyone and I will come back and chat soon.

Last edited by suetalks; 04-04-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone,

I ended up with only a 5 lb loss for March which I was hoping for more, but decided that if I could just lose 5 lbs a month that would be nice as it would be 60 lbs in 12 months. So yes I'm up for the challange and hope to lose at least another 5 by May.

Sue Hope things get better for you soon. Take care of yourself.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #8  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Ok I am home, and just getting unpacked... I will check back in later.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #9  

Kathy Welcome home.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'7"

we had a little storm last night it was great it started and stopped at night leaving us with a nice cool sun shining day. I am still in a holding pattern with my weight loss but I am sticking to the plan I am trying to eat mostly filling foods and really making an effort to not eat late at night. I keep weird hours but I am determined to win the battle. I have so much to loose it gets overwhelming all to often that is why I put up the challenge for 10 lb at my size I should be able to do that. Thanks for listening hope you all have a great day Victoria
Old 04-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #11  

Victoria - We keep wierd hours ourself at times so I work my eating around them. I appreciate the challenge. I would love to lose 10 lbs by May, but at this point in my life (age) I will be happy for a 5 lb loss. Right now I am trying to drink my water and eat healthy to make that happen.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #12  

Hey Trish, congrats on the 5 lb weight loss last month!! Are you exercising any? I've joined a gym, but I haven't been in two weeks due to some sort of cold, sinus or allergy problems. Haven't lost anything, but my problem is drinking water snd eating properly! Oh, well...a little progress is better than none! Keep up the great work!

Hey Jane!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone,

A quick fly by here as it is getting ready to have a thunderstorm here so won't be on computer much today. Will do some reading instead.

Ruth It is good to see you. I try to do some exercise, but my knee doesn't seem to like my Walk Away the Pounds thing any more. It does like the stationary bike, but I haven't done that much either sooo boring to me. I do need to get back on it any way. I read somewhere how important it is to keep our legs strong as we get older. I do try to move around more and if I will get busy and do some much needed really honest to goodness house cleaning that would be exercise enough. Bought what I needed now to just get off my rear end and just do it.

Y'all have a good Easter week end.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #14  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Well I have been out job hunting the last few days. We shall see if anything comes of it in the next week or so.

Victoria - What a cute picture. Is it one of your kitties? Well I loved California... could move there actually. (Only if I lost about 100 lbs) The Ocean and the beaches were beautiful. Went to Laguana beach, and Newport beach. I have to say that I definately stood out like a sore thumb. I can't believe that the dolphins are actually right there. I have to say that I have never experienced traffic like what was there. Would never be able to drive in that. I really wanted to go to Sea World and the Zoo, but I was outvoted. That would have been much better than Universal Studios.

Trish in the book that I am reading, it states that weight loss really is about 80% what we eat. However, the 80% that I like to eat does not do me any good. Also, I have been having a really hard time drinking water. I really need to concentrate on that. Do you have knee problems? My daughter who is 19 is having a very hard time with her knees. She is actually suppose to have surgery, but they are taking their time getting her in there.

Ruth I hope that you get over your cold quickly. Were you enjoying the gym? I would like to join one, but we live to far out of town for it to work for me. My DS#1 bought a bow flex, so maybe I will check that out and see if I can get me Bow Flex body in 6 weeks.

Candy and Brittany how are you both doing?

Jane is the Easter bunny coming to your house tonight? Are you planing on dinner at your house? When Cole got back to school after our vacation, his teacher was asking him if he had fun and what his favorite part was, and he told her that we went to church (the Crystal Cathedral) and saw an Easter play about Jesus. Then he told her about Mickeyland. I guess his school is teaching him some good morals.

Well I washed the bedding today and hung it out on the line as we were at a gorgeous 62 degrees. (Unheard of for around here this time of the year.) As I was hanging out the laundry, I could hear the geese, and looked up and there are thousands of them flying overhead. I really had to think hard about leaving the clean laundry out there. Tonight as I was letting the dogs out, I can hear the hunters out there shooting them. I put the horses in the barn and let all the dogs in the house.

Anyways I must run. Hope that you all have a happy Easter.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #15  

Hi Everybody,

Happy Easter Sunday

Kathy - Good luck on the job hunting. Your DD is awfully young to have knee problems. Is it the result of sports injury? Mine is probably from an accident I had several years ago when I fell. But mine doesn't usually bother me until I gained so much weight. So probably when I get back under 200 lbs, it wouldn't be a problem. Right now it seems that when I use the stationary bike that it doesn't hurt so much even at this weight.

Well, I've been reading the book on Volumetrics and reading a lot of threads here at 3fc as well as some other books. Volumetrics is a lot like the WW Core plan they used to have. I am trying to take the best of the different things I've read and make my own plan that I can live with. That seems to be how successful dieters and maintainers do. I haven't had a tracker on here in a while, but decided that I needed one so I can see what/how I am doing. I used the hearts to represent that I should love myself and be good to me and my heart. I set a mini goal rather than an ultimate goal because I think short term goals will be easier to handle at a time.

Jane, Victoria, Ruth, Candy, Brittany and anyone else reading this

Have a nice day!
Closed Thread