Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #1  
rainy

Default broken expectations

I'm not even sure how to title this.
When I first engaged in a diet it was October last year and I was loosing 3 pounds per week, at that rate, by now I should be at my goal, or very close. I remember it was such a steady loss that I foresaw when I actually would be at the target. Not to say, I didn't feel that diet was right for me after stalling for two months, trying some others, generally messing around, I was back on track, on a different diet that is better for me, and I actually am back on track now too. Loosing slowly but steadily.
But now it's April, tomorrow's my birthday and I feel like I 'should' be slim now because that's what my first calculation said I would be by now.
Didn't consider that life is not an Excel spreadsheet.
But I feel wrong now for not being at the target.
Silly mind of mine!

Last edited by rainy; 04-10-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #2  
No description available.

This is a journey. You'll get there when you get there. And then you'll get to be on the maintaining journey for so long that the losing journey will seem to be just a blip.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #3  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

You said it yourself-life is not an excel spreadsheet-so pick yourself up and go on. I don't know why we are all so hard on ourselves. Just know that you will get there, when your body wants you to get there and that's ok.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Rainy,
From my own weightloss journey I can say that the more you loose and the closer you get to your goal that harder it is.

Focus on the healthy lifestyle you've built for yourself not the scale. One day, when you're not looking you'll notice that you're close are getting a bit big again.

Hang in there, don't get frustrated!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #5  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

It doesn't sound like you should be anything -- except making better choices and committed to your health, which is exactly where you are.

So happy birthday and kudos for getting back on track.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Didn't consider that life is not an Excel spreadsheet.
I think that a lot of us start with unrealistic expectations. Try to look at the positive. Do you weigh less on this birthday than you did on your last birthday? You don't give numbers but it sounds like you do. Put aside the negative and celebrate your victories in your life. If you weigh less than you did last year, give yourself a big YEAH! Then next year when you weigh even less you will have more to celebrate!

Last edited by time2lose; 04-10-2009 at 10:54 AM.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

oh Same here- according to my calculations I should have been done by now or extremely close. I figured in 2 lbs a week for 50 weeks I should be done by this summer. NOPE. Summer is like 2 months away and I'm like only 25% of the way there. BUT it's still better than being that starting weight! I will never go back!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I lost 60 lbs my first 3 months. If my body were able to sustain that kind of speed, I would have finished my journey in under a year. However, my body just couldn't do that no matter that I've stayed 100% on plan the entire time, no cheating. I roll with it though. I'll get there. Yeah it would have been nice to already be under 200 lbs...but whatever. I'll get there when I get there. I'm just trying to enjoy the ride, enjoy the compliments, the feeling great, the buying smaller clothes, the not getting winded going up stairs...all good stuff.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote