Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 10:11 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of October 6

Hi all!! Wow, I'm not even up early and I'm still first here. You guys must be out having lots of fun. I stayed up 'til 1:30 last night working on the project. I'm wiped out today. I can't do late nights anymore. I think the project is about 3/4 done. I'm going to try to get it all done today. That would certainly be a load off of my mind. Especially since my presentation is due in two weeks . I'll be glad when that is over.

OK, back to the grindstone!! Hope you're having a great Sunday.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:37 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

good morning!!! Just been up since 5am rolling around in bed soo I got up and watched tv!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
RR
Old 10-06-2002, 12:54 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I was up at 2:00 & 5:50 to pee. Should've stayed up at 6:00, because I was wide awake and starving!! I considered getting up and having a bowl of cereal, but decided my sheets felt much better. Didn't actually get up until 9:45, when I remembered I wanted to try a new church that started at 10:45!

The church was OK, but it was too long (just over an hour) and way too much singing...I mean, I like the singing, but it was all newer stuff, not the traditional hymns I know, and I would've rather just get to the message. Also they did communion, so that took a little longer. It's a fairly small church, less than 100 people, but they were very nice. I may try it again, but I don't know.

Today I have to do some cleaning, laundry and stuff, but I also want to look at some open houses. Just in the mood to walk around them.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-06-2002, 01:39 PM   #4  

hi all.

dh & I had a great day yesterday. We went to a fair yesterday and then to the cheesecake factory benefit last night. The food was excellent. We didn't go to the buffet line - too long - but they had people all over walking around with appetizers. My favorite was the chicken quesadilla. Then our table had probably 4 different types of cheesecake that I tried. My favorites were the raspberry & the chocolate. They were both great. I had some of each, but did not eat a whole piece. I'm sure there were enough calories in the bites I had!

Karen - hope your time off thing works out for you. ~ I have been to cheesecake factories before but this was the first time I've actually had the cheesecake. The meals have large portions and I'm never hungry for dessert. ~ good luck getting that project done!

hello to everyone else! have a great week.

Rabbit
Old 10-06-2002, 06:10 PM   #5  
Donna

Happy Sunday Everyone,

Sorry I wasn't around last week. I've been PMSing and making very poor food choices so I felt guilty and didn't want to come around. I felt bad because my new found commitment lasted less than 2 weeks . Well, no sense crying about just get back to it!!! So I'm starting over today. Hopefully I didn't do to much damage, but I guess the not seeing my weight at WW may help. (usually after pig out weeks like this I loose and that just plays with my mind).

LBH - If you lived closer I'd say you came to our church . How are your classes going? Is DH being open?

Karen - What does your DH do that he knows JAVA? I am so happy I don't have to take programing. What I had I hated.

RR - Glad you survived the storms well.

Rabbit - I can't imagine going to the Cheesecake Factory and not having cheesecake, it is the one dessert I have a hard time passing up. I'll eat 1/2 a dinner to save room at our favorite Italian resteraunt.

Well, I read everyone elses posts yesterday, but I'll be darned if I can remember what they said. Must be old age

Have a great week everyone.

- Tech
Old 10-07-2002, 03:23 AM   #6  

Wakeywakey all! New Monday coming up and shining on the horizon!

Lauren, that's just too funny! I recognized the word immediately by the way you wrote it! "Smeerlap" does indeed mean "dirty person"! You really have got difficult baby leave conditions!

Rabbit, sorry you had to redo the bed and bathroom, what a pain ! When I moved into my current apt, I did all the painting myself, except for the bedroom, because when I started on it, half of the ceiling plaster came off and got stuck (mainly in my hair). Turned out it'd gotten wet from the balcony/terrace which is right above it (no insulation!!!). So I got the (nice) landlord to fix it but by then all my furniture had moved in and I never got round to do the rest of the ceiling. Now, half the ceiling is done and the other half's got clouds in strange shapes (1 looks like a killer bunny rabbit, not kidding), in sun-down yellow and grey tones (nice combo , huh!?). Am to lazy to do anything about it now, as I mostly sleep when I face the ceiling anyway... Water mocassins?! Lucky we only have the other kind here!
The cheesecake factory sounds really yummy! How was it? We've got smt here that's got real cheesecake (the "cheesecake Castle" ) too but I try to avoid it!

RR, good you got out of it ok!

Karen, sorry about the mess with the leave! Hope the sick leave works out! Try and make good use of your spare time now and do things you can and that you should have done and didn't have any (like resting, something I'm really short on!) Good about the extra$$$ for DH's tutoring!

Tech, don't go away when you feel you're not sticking to the food thing! that's the whole point! It's helped me "confess" to stay op. Anyway, pigging out for 2 days after a very ok 2 weeks is no problem.

I had a nice weekend (again). Went to my sister's boyfriend's wedding and to the apt in Loutraki. Even had a good swim despite the weather (rainy and cloudy but warm), the sea was like a mirror! Finally got a dress back I lent my sister last year, but what with all this and that we never got round to it before. Also got some nice presents from home: Nicci French's new novel "the red room". I have already read about 150 pages since yesterday, couldn't put it down!
Also, weights start to show, I am the shrinking woman! Have no idea about the weight, though, and am afraid to look! but who cares, am staying op nicely!

Good start to all,

see ya tomo...
Old 10-07-2002, 12:50 PM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

Had my first appt. with the midwife today. I am pleased with her soo far. I told her our gripe about the Dr., but she just said they're a pretty laid back office. No apology for him, not that I think she should apologize for him, but whatever.... I told her that DH said as long as I'm comfortable there, he's OK with it. And she agreed, if I wasn't, I shouldn't be there.

She did a full exam, including internal. She said since she doesn't know my pelvis, which makes sense. One good thing she said is that I have a huge pelvis, which means unless Petey's 10 lbs, he should come out pretty easy!! Whew...that about made my day!! She told me to make sure I get plenty of protein and cut down on starches. Also said she's fine with my weight gain, as long as it keeps rising slow and steady, which it is. I've gained 17lbs. as of this AM. She did say if I wanted to gain less, that's fine too, but she's OK with it how I am. My BP was a perfect 120/70, and Petey's heart sounded great. He's still head up, which is normal. I thought he had flipped, because of the p/u in kicks, but I guess it's just him being more active.

Next appt. is in 3 wks., then every two weeks. I have to go to the lab and do the 1 hr. Glucose Tolerance Test before my next appt., as I'll be 28 wks. then. I really hope I pass it, because I don't wanna go through the 3 hr. GTT!!

Gotta run and get dressed for work, I'm running late! Hope everyone's have a great day!
Old 10-07-2002, 01:07 PM   #8  

Hi all. Well, my mind may not like being off work but, boy, my house is sure enjoying it. I'm cleaning things I never thought of in the four years we've been here. Tops of window frames, windows, light fixture of the dining room table. I washed the kitchen curtains too and they practically fell apart. I was very disappointed. They weren't terribly expensive, but they weren't cheap either. I had expected them to be more durable than that. I had to get some stitch witchery to repair the seams, trim off a bunch of hanging threads and starch them like crazy to get them to look decent (sp?). I don't know what I'll do when it's time to wash them again. They will never survive.

I found the cutest crib bumper pad set and comforter/sheets at Target today if Peanut is a boy. It's airplanes all done in primary colors. I have decided that I want to paint the room a bright white. There is a chair rail in there and I think I will paint it bright blue and maybe one window frame red and the other yellow. How's that sound? Should I stick to one color for the windows? I can't decide. If peanut is a girl I think I want to do Raggedy Ann and Andy. That way the chair rail could still be blue. Maybe just the window sill should be painted? I dunno. Guess I've got time to decide, but since I'm off I wanted to get started.

Lauren: Your midwife sounds cool. My doctor said to gain no more than 20 pounds. So far I haven't gained anything, not even the five pounds back. I better knock on wood here! I haven't weighed in a couple of days. I haven't eaten well the past couple of days.

Tech: DH has had computers and played with every aspect of them since he was ten years old. He has very little formal training, no degree. He just knows this stuff inside and out. I don't mean to make it sound like he doesn't need training, he did take a week long course in Java. Just wish it could stay with me like it does with him. It just leeks out my ears as fast as it goes in my eyes!!

GG: Glad you had a great weekend.

OK, gotta go finish putting things back together around here. The kids are coming at 7pm for the tutoring. Have a great afternoon/evening!!
Old 10-07-2002, 04:58 PM   #9  

hello.

Wednesday & Friday I have painting going on this week and then that should be all of it. I will definitely be happy to get my house in order. It may be a while though as I'll be gone over the weekend, get home Sunday, and leave again on Monday for a week. Good thing I'm not expecting any company or anything.

Tech - sorry you had such a rough week. Don't disappear on us! ~ I love cheesecake too.

Greek - the food was great - and it definitely is a place to avoid! ~ hooray op!

Lauren - glad everything went well at your doctor appt.

Karen - your room plans sound cute!

later! Rabbit
Old 10-07-2002, 09:47 PM   #10  

We're back from K.C. the show was pretty good - had rain again!!! I've got a few weeks off before we do Cincinnati and Columbus OH. I'm sending DH alone to the next two (LittleRock and St Louis). Maybe this weekend I can get caught up on the quarterly tax stuff and clean my office - tomorrow I'm going to go look for a new office desk (thats right, spend money on something new just to get me to organize).

Concerning our friends. We did get a call about Micah over the weekend (the 19 yr old in the truck wreck) he died on Saturday. They are having a memorial service at a lake about 2 hours north of us on Wednesday - complete with candle service and bonfire. I can tell just from those plans that Micah was a very poplular boy in his highschool and college. Marilyn is still hanging on, very weak. We're just not sure what will happen.

-jul
Old 10-07-2002, 10:28 PM   #11  
Hollywood Homebody

hi everybody

well still no luck finding a house. i had a line on a good one and the owner even said i was at the top of her list because i could move in asap. i filled out the app and she said she had a lot of other people who were interested. she said she'd make a decision by friday and i never heard back. so i guess she went with somebody else i called about another house today on the SAME STREET but that guy hasn't called me back. i don't understand why nobody ever seems to call back. don't they WANT to rent their houses??

Rabbit - cheesecake factory is awesome!! a friend of mine went there a few months ago and got 4 slices to split between us. after that i learned how to make my own (very low fat) cheesecake. turned out pretty well!! i still crave the real thing though every once in a while

tech - don't beat yourself up over a few days! just get back op and forget about it. that's what i try to do otherwise i'd have given up LONG ago! i agree with GG. a few pig out days aren't gonna hurt in the long run.

karen - good luck with the time off. i hope it helps!

lauren - i hope the midwife works out for you. i'm glad dh is being more supportive!

jul - i'm very sorry to hear about your friends it's always sad when someone dies, but someone that young it just makes it harder to understand.

hopefully i'll talk to you all sooner rather than later. everything has just been so around here. the scale hasn't budged in a few weeks. not up or down. i guess it could be worse!
Old 10-08-2002, 05:32 AM   #12  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!

Lauren--Glad the MW appointment went well...I go back on the 22nd for another sonagram..They are gonna watch Tootie more closely since the GD thing going on...She said that since my pelvis is small, she will let me try to labor but after 2 hrs if no progression with the baby, she is doing a C-Sec...I dont care if I have to burp her out, I just want her out and safe!!!!

Karen-U R soo funny...I have just now got my nursery done...I was scared to start until now at almost 30weeks!!!Isnt this fuN???

La--Good Luck on the house thing!!!!!

Jul===I will keep your friend in my prayers...Life is soo hard sometimes!!!

Take care all!!!!
RR
Old 10-08-2002, 08:23 AM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

Jul- I'm soo sorry to hear about Micah. I hope his family and friends find some peace. Still praying for your friend and her family.

RR- You're too funny...burp her out!! I got an email from my Aunt this AM, her DIL is in labor. I think her EDD was still a week or 2 off, but she went to the hospital at 9:00 last night, and at 7:45 this AM she was 6 cm and had a spinal. They're also having a boy, so there'll be 2 new boys in the family within a couple months of each other. They live in Colorado though, so I won't get to see them til they come out here at Christmas.

LA- Good luck with the house hunting. I don't understand why people don't call back!! It's like, uh, at least give me the courtesy of a call back to say it's rented!!

Karen- Enjoy your time off, but don't go broke during it!! I haven't even started shopping for crib sets yet!! Actually, I think I'm in denial, because they're soo darn expensive, and there's too many to choose from. And the one's I like are of course the most expensive one, and I refuse to pay that much for crib bedding!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-08-2002, 12:35 PM   #14  

hello.

Just a quick post before I run out. I'm doing well on the weight thing even though I have taken a break from weight watchers. I got tired of going to the meetings and I was just going up & down, up & down. Normally I would think that I need the meetings for the accountability aspect of it, but that doesn't seem to be a problem this time. I may go back again one day, but now I just needed to get away! Although, I am still counting points on my own and plan to continue to do so.

Jul - glad another show went well for you! ~ So sorry to hear about the teenager. It just breaks my heart.

LA - maybe one of these days the perfect place will pop up for you! ~ I don't know why people don't return calls! I had so many problems getting roofers, repair people to call me - so frustrating.

hello to all I missed - and to those who are missing!

Rabbit
Old 10-08-2002, 06:00 PM   #15  

Hi all. Well, I have most of my project done, I just have to get the dumb database stuff working. I will be SO glad when this is over. (I bet you will too so that I quit kvetching!!)

I went to IKEA with my in-laws today to look at baby furniture. Their stuff is definitely cheaper, but some of it is SO ugly. MIL said that one of the cribs looked just like a packing box. She said it looked like you were going to ship the kid off somewhere. They had one nice crib and a nice armoir and bureau but they didn't match. It was such an awful not match that you couldn't pretend.

Eating has not been great today. I did check the scales last night and nearly had a heart attack. They said I had gained *7* pounds in the last couple of days. Then I looked down and realized that the cat was standing on the scale with me. So, I have not gained any weight since I've been PG. I guess that's ok since I am only 10 1/2 weeks.

Lauren: When did you first feel Petey moving? I can't wait, that way I will know that everything is OK with the little Peanut.

Alright. Teach is here so I gotta go. Have a great evening.
Closed Thread