South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuning Into Tuesday

It's a cold & blustery Tuesday morning here, feeling more like early March. Brrrr! I left the bedroom window cracked open last night, and regretted it this morning!

It's looking like today's rain is going to hold off until this evening, so I'm going to try to move the rest of mulch if it's not too windy. First, though, I'm thinking about going over to my friend's house to clean. She's back in the hospital, having yet another shoulder replacement. Her body rejected the first one, poor thing.

For some reason I'm really hungry this morning, and I'm ready to tuck into a nice hot bowl of oatmeal with raspberries & blueberries. I have to plan what to make for supper today, too. A nice, thick soup would go good after working outside in this weather all day.

So how is everyone's day shaping up? Let's have some coffee and sit and talk about it first.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's nice to sit in our cozy houses with coffee and chat a bit, isn't it? Pass me some of the oatmeal, please.

It's raining a bit this morning after a dusting of snow overnight. "April is the cruelest month." The dogs don't seem to mind and are out chasing each other around the yard. Disney can sure use the exercise as she seems to have gained some weight this winter. I'm still not used to Jazz in his new haircut be he doesn't seem to mind so.....

The snow tires come off the car at 7:30 and it needs an oil change so I am not drinking much coffee and am preparing to sit in the "office" and chat with the locals while the lads do the job on the car. My car needs some body work (as do I) and I'm debating fixing it up or turning it in. It has only 92,000K which is 57000 miles so I'd be silly not to keep it.

Still have not got rid of the Daffodil Dollars but must do that today. I may meet the Daffy Dame's husband for coffee at the halfway point. They live at the other end of the township at Devil's Lake - the road to their place is like the devil's intestine and I don't intend to drive it!

Once that's done I'll be home free for the day and can get caught up a bit. I don't think I've done a laundry for a month. Good thing I have lots of undies!

I hope your day unfolds as planned.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, here's your oatmeal. I hope you like a dusting of cinnamon and a few walnuts in it. I wonder if Disney has noticed Jazz's different hairstyles lately? They sound like they're having fun chasing each other around the yard. You just reminded me that my car's due for an oil change. I should try to fit that in sometime this week.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a quick fly by this morning. I have an assessment to do and it's with a tool I've never used. I figure I should look it over before I get to the program

same cold, damp yuckiness here today, and most of the week. Where did our spring go?

Ruth - I need to get my snows off too. The noise is driving me nuts! Any new pics of the sheared pup?

Cottage - I'm sure your friend will really appreciate the help. It's so frustrating not being able to take care of our own stuff.

Okay, I'll try to stop in from the office. Have a good day and try to stay warm!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

You should see my poor Auston! His ears are flaming red. He's slapping them, they itch so badly. The rash is down his neck now. Anyone have experience with Fifth Disease? I hope the rash doesn't last too long. He's miserable. I'm giving him a dose of benedryl every 4 hours. Pops is keeping him today. I owe Pops BIG!

Today is staff meeting. I'm preparing myself for Krispy Kreams to show up, so I'm having cinnamon omlette and sf syup to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Hope your day warms up.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I was up half the night with Crybaby (my cat) cause I had to keep an eye on him cause of his incision site (that was bleeding some from him licking) from being fixed yesterday. He also is fighting off an infection which I didn't even know he had, so have to get his antibiotic this afternoon cause they ran out yesterday. So ya, I'm gonna get one of them cone things in case he continues licking so his incision site can heal. Oi, first time I've had to deal with this crap, I learn something new everyday.

I also woke up with a slight headache this morning, probably from being up half the night, so I'm gonna pop 2 Excedrins.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #7  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all its quiet around here today with a thin coat of snow on the ground, atleast the wind died down.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning! I scooted into work this AM IT WAS BRISK!!
Last night was paradoxical I had a good OP dinner Leftover chicken curry on top of shredded cabbage
Made some Tuna Muffins and Did all my WATP moves to Heroes
and then DH suggest Hot fudge Sundae's errrr yeah not so hot! I was so sick from it I think the temptations gone!
This AM I snagged a nori wich and have Tuna muffins and an HB egg (will grab some Salad from the Caf) for lunch) and Green Tea Coffee just wasn't appealign after my dairy fest
Me4 I love seeing the little cheerleaders in your sig!! makes me smile
Jelly It's all about the cone when Spin My soon to be 1 year old cat was fixed he hated the cone but it was the only way to protect his lack of Jewels
Chelb what I do in the face of meeting food is think of all the germs on ppls hands. . .or Picture the krispeys as Lumps of chicken fat. . .gross yet effective!
Morning Cyn!
Ruth I could use some body work too esp in this weather!! Devil's Lake Eeek! now I'm picturing you meeting in some clandestine smokey coffee shop(in black and white cinemascope) to Hand over the Daffy Dollars man I need a more creative Job!
Cottage Woman You are awesome!! Moving Mulch cleaning for a friends making some Yummy sounding oats I think you need the Superwoman cape today!
I need to spruce myself up a bit today we're all meeting with the New Big Big Boss So I'm Fashion Plate Kierie!
Have a great day chicks!
Kierie
Old 04-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends. I've been lurking for a week or so and am really loving the positive support and encouragement here on the SB thread, so I hope it's okay if I jump in.

Chelby - poor Auston! That rash sounds miserable. I hope he heals quickly.
Jelly - Hope your headache eases. Definitely get those antibotics for Crybaby. BTW, those cone things are cheaper at the pet store chains than they are at the vet.
Cottage - Your friend is very blessed to have you in her life.

As of today, I'm back on SB, phase 1. I don't know why I strayed from the plan as it helped me to lose 30 pounds and I've not lost and kept off any more weight since I quit SB.

I have a ton of work to get through today, so I better get hopping. Have a great day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-07-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks, busy times around here. We got a new floor, sink, toilet, and radiator installed in the bathroom over the weekend and I got my new kitchen backsplash up too. It looks great - it's those pressed tin ceiling panels you see in old houses. We still have some odds and ends to finish in the bathroom, trim and painting, plus some shelving I want to put up, so those are my projects for next weekend I guess. I've also got to get the new veggie beds in the yard so I can start planting. Then theres the pesky taxes and I'm tempted to just file for an extension. Never enough time is there? My week got off to a four-meeting Monday start yesterday. All had to be attended in person rather than by phone, so I squeezed in a trip to Trader Joe's on the way. Travel days always mean more "real" work to squeeze into the rest of the week, particularly since I'm taking Friday off (cottage I'll PM you about Green Dragon later).
Starting tomorrow the kids are on spring break until next Tuesday.

Jelly, you should also google Spay and Neuter All Pets (SNAP). I used them years ago. You buy a certificate for a spay or neuter and take it to a vet in your area that will honor it. It's a discounted rate - used to be $15, but I don't know what it is these days. Also, not all vets will take them, but they give you a list of where you can go. Worth a try.
Chelby, we had Fifth's disease, around here they also call it "slap cheek" because of the bright red rash on the cheeks. Mine didn't suffer from it much though, I wouldn't have known they had it except for the rash. Poor Auston! Have you tried a colloidal oatmeal bath?

Cyndi, Ruth, me4, cottage, have a great day. Oatmeal sounds good, I haven't eaten yet, but I think I ran out. I bought a bunch of cheeses home from TJs and overdid it with them last night. This morning I am just not too hungry, but I am chugging water, and considering a second cuppa. Guess I just need some fluids.

ETA: I see Rhonda and Kierie snuck in while I was blabbing. Kierie what are the tuna muffins? Rhonda it's good to see you here, this is a great bunch of chicks. Sorry I am not getting to the 100lb club much these days.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-07-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Schmoodle, I got a 7% discount from my vet for Crybaby, last cat seemed like full price.. but the last cat had the flea stuff put on him and what not.. this one didn't so that could be why it was cheaper this time around.
Ya, Petco around here has those cone things for like $10.69, which is still not cheap in my book but how much more could it be at the vet.

This morning it seems Crybaby is worse than when he first went in. I let him out of the cage so he can use the litterbox or walk around a bit and he was dragging his butt along the floor and seemed like he was in pain or whatever cause it's the first time he's ever growled and hissed at me and it just doesn't seem right. Plus he hasn't drank any water since last night which means he's been 2-3 days without water now which isn't good. I may just take him back to the vet and get him checked out down there, it may be getting swollen or infected or something.. better to be safe than sorry.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #12  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning ladies! Its a very chilly day here in TN! feels like about 30 out right now and darnit- I am not used to it!!!! At least I have the day off today so I should be able to get a lot accomplished in the house since I don't really want to get out in the cold!

Cottage- very nice of you to help with your friend- I sure hope her body accepts it this time!

Ruth- Im with you on the loads of undies I need to catch up my laundry today too!

Cyndi- hope you get acquainted with the new tool quickly! lol

Chelby- I had the fifths disease when I was in Kindergarten- I don't remember it too much, I don't even remember it being that itchy just the way my skin looked all red and veiny like... from what I understand most kids don't itch from the rash- poor lil guy! I think it usually lasts about a week. I hope he feels better!!!!!!

Jelly- E-collars on cats are the funniest things! You could call the vet and they may actually have a few "loaner" elizabethan collars... you could also ask about his strange behaviour since the surgery and also tell them he hasn't drank in 2-3 days... they should be able to guide you from there...

KO- Hope your meeting goes well!

Rhonda- Glad you joined us

Schmoodle- send pics!!!!

I am trying to get the house cleaned up today all the way, get all the laundry done, find a beach house to rent in Florida this september, ummmm.... get meals prepared for lunches this week... and much much more I am sure! Today can not be a lazy day!!!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Gotta get my tea on and start the day! How's everyone doing? I had an appointment cancel last night but got good training instead, so it all worked out nicely. Have another bridal show tonight so wish me luck!

Gotta get moving! Have a good one!

Lisa
Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Good Luck Lis! Hey How much is your Fastlane Tea? They don't sell it around here any more and it used to be a staple for me. I found it online for 2.99 a box
Oh and I posted the Tuna Muffins in Ph 1 Entrees they keep me full for HOURS!

Last edited by KO; 04-07-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #15  

chelby - I don't think Brian ever had Fifth's Disease but I caught it about 5 years ago and I was just miserable. My face was bright red with that slapped look and I was so swollen. My hands, feet and face were huge. I don't recall that there is anything that can be done either.
Closed Thread