Old 04-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Tuesday 04/07/09

Mornin' ladies!

So, I got on the scale this morning and I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't gained any either! Ugh!
I weigh myself usually every Monday, so only once per week. If I weigh myself more than that...I go bonkers!

We have our financial advisor coming over after dinner tonight...so no gym for me today I'll just have to take the puppy out for a long walk after he leaves. I also have to go home and start making my homemade chili!

SO much to do...in SO little time! Anyone else having a week that feels like this?
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I am having the same kind of week. i try only to weight on Saturday mornings, i try to wear the exact same thing and go at the same time, to try and eliinate as many variables as possible. Last week I stayed on plan and exercised more than I ever have in my life and still just stayed the same. So for almost 2 weeks no loss/ but on the positive no gain. It is frustrationg, but I am not using it as an excuse to cheat or waiver from my over all goals. I think I am going to try to use it to try even harder.

I hate to have plans at night, however they are unavoidable. I would do like you said and take the dog for a nice long walk and try to exercise tomorrow..

Hope today is better.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #3  

Same kinda week here . I feel like a cow because I keep eating things I am not supposed to eat. Last night DH's friend came over to work on putting in a dishwasher so I cooked a spinach quiche for me. And then I cooked a HUGE batch of homemade spaghetti for them. DH had gone out and bought a huge loaf of garlic bread. The smells really got to me and I ate a bite of spaghetti and before I knew it polished off three pieces of garlic bread . Then at bible study they bring out a huge bowl of mini twix's and I ate three or four of those. Of course after all that then the guilt slips in and I felt horrible. I know I didn't ruin my chances of being healthier only set my self back. Why do I keep doing this to myself? does anyone else have moments of little or no will power and then you feel so bad after ward? How do you get that motivation back?

I sat down last night before I went to bed and prayed that the Lord's will be done. I am in a much better state this morning and have that motivation back. I have some social engagements coming up that I need to be strong for. I have a plan> (going to take calorie friendly recipes) < that way I will have something to eat. I am only really worried about one, it's a "round up" with BBQ. They have asked us to bring potato salad, banana pudding, baked beans. None of that is good. I think I will just eat light that day and have a small bite while I am there. Life doesn't stop just because you are watching what you eat. These are the things that usually trip me up but I am not going to let it this time! (Told ya I had that motivation back! lol)

Can you beleive it's snowing here and last week we had 70 degree temps. LOL I have a new purple leaf flowering peach tree that is so beautiful DH and I were out at 1000pm last night trying to cover it up. It's 15 tall and wasn't that easy to do. He got up on a bucket and tossed a king sized sheet over, it wasn't big enough so I had to tie several smaller sheets together. I hope I saved it. tonight is supposed to be even colder so I left it covered today because he won't be home to help me cover it tonight.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Beth - I hope your peach tree survives! I haven't been too bad with the snacking, but I have snacked recently and you do feel guilty, but you pick yourself up, move on to the next "situation" and avoid it!

Amy - I'm definitely going to exercise tomorrow! I have no excuse...I'll be hitting the gym right after work...it's only 5 mins away!

Last edited by Wifey; 04-07-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #5  

you are both right. It is good that it makes us feel guilty otherwise we would continue to keep doing it. I struggle everyday to stay on plan. Sometimes I see my kids or co workers eat something and I just want to take it and eat it myself, however I have been able to keep from doing that. Lately I have been dreaming of food too. Just odd things like ice cream and cookies. But last night I actually dreamt of a low fat dessert to make for Easter so maybe even my dreams are tring to stay on plan oh well I will take what I can get...

Beth- we must live near each other because it was snowing so hard here this morning, no accumulation but that real wet snow, it was pretty but I am ready for 70's. I am sure your tree will be ok.

So I am going to exercise the rest of the week and stay away from those evil cadbury bunny eggs and I think I will be alright.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Ho-Hum Week here so far . I've been doing all the running around for dh's college prep. He has to have everything in... like yesterday. And the ones who need to get me the paper work are moving so friggen slow. GRRRR . So I've put the gym off yet again, and promise to go tomorrow. I promise . I may go tonight w/dh (after he gets out of work)... but not likely as he said he feels like poop.

Snacks are yummy. I went shopping the other day and stocked up on so many yummy things. Baby carrots, snow pea pods, fruit pops (in the freezer kind) that are organic, dried apricots, tangerines... I had to stock on the good stuff, because I am sure I'll have my fair share of Easter candy this weekend . So if I eat a tangerine, then a handful of jelly beans then a handful of almonds it balances out the not so good JB's RIGHT?!!?

My weight has stayed the same... seems like we all are on a plateau. It's gotta be that, or we all are using broken scales. Right!

Well off for now. Have a good Tuesay Ladies!! Chat later.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #7  

My weight so far has stayed the same for the past 2 weeks. I have exercised 6 days in a row, which is an amazing accomplishment for me. on Saturday I did hike 2.6 miles. Now secretly it just about did me in as 1.5 miles of it was straight up hill, but none the less I made it and I pushed the baby in a stoller so that was some great resistance for my arms ( at least I hope so) I am really getting into exercising, I am not excited abotu it yet, but getting into it. I have to invest in a better sports bra and I may even get an exercise outfit, as now I am constantly pulling at what I am wearing. IWhich I know the more weight I loose the better clothing will fit.

Hope everyone had a good night and an even better WEdnesday!!