General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Ex-Wife CORE4 ~ HELP!!

I need help here TEAM 3FC

My ex-wife, and dear friend, approached Angie and I yesterday about getting in on the ground floor of the CORE4 product that is out there, she is selling it. Now she wasn't trying to sell to us, just let us know about the potential money making opportunity.

Out of respect to her, but already knowing my answer after looking over her product package, I researched it online. I did not find anything to change my mind or did Ang.

Here is my take on it.....

It is not something I want my friends at 3FC to be involved with...IMHO I have seen too many hurt by products like this....emotionally.... over the years...high hopes....shattered...

however, what I am asking here....Am I wrong about it? I want to be fair to her when I give her my answer and reasons why I am not going to be a part of it...after all she is a friend and the mother of my children

What is your take on it?

Thanks ~ Gary

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-05-2009 at 09:10 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

If you are not comfortable with it then don't do it. Tell her it is business and not personal. She will understand.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
If you are not comfortable with it then don't do it. Tell her it is business and not personal. She will understand.
Thank you Jamie....most likely she will be a bit upset because Angie and I won't benefit from the sales of it....and she wants us to do well.

I was looking more for why I should not be involved with the product itself...I want to be clear on that, it is not a personal issue with my former wife.

I also want to be fair to the product...if it is a good one. Was hoping someone had more info on it.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-05-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #4  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Gary, you need to be honest with her, and let her know you just not interested. Let her know this is business and not personal.

I have been with networking marketing for 10 years and understand what your saying about those that go through the emotional riff, if you will. It's not for everyone, and that is why it is so important that when someone gets involved they 'believe' and 'love' the products. I recently too got in a new launch company, leaving another I had been with for 9 years. I normally would not get near a new launch, but a close personal friend of mind started it, and had a secure financial partner - OdaBan 135 million dollar a year company. My friend is also tithing 10% of all company profits to five different Christian organizations. So, that is why I did what I did, but I completely understand your thoughts!

Again, honesty is always the be policy, and I am sure your ex-wife will understand.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #5  
ugggg.....

Check out the "Does it work" thread--one of my coworkers wives who is a nurse is selling it. Nelie made some comments on the ingredients. It's pretty expensive too.

I have been approached over the years with various "selling" opportunities cause I am good at customer service. You are outgoing and friendly so I am sure you would be too....but...customer service is not selling a product.

Just be honest with her...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I might be a bid jaded about this subject, but (and this is MY personal experience, so your mileage may vary)....

MLMs (Multi level marketing schemes) are EVIL!! Most of them require a huge investment up front, with false promises of making big money. The fact is...the only way you make money is to recruit others to sell the product.

My personal experience with a MLM (I'd rather not say what the company was--let's just say it had me seeing PINK all the time!) did the exact opposite of what it claimed it could do for me. Instead of making $$, I was shelling out $$ every quarter to buy product so I could "win prizes" (cheap jewelry, etc). You were rewarded for what you BOUGHT from the company, not what you actually sold. Meanwhile, that product sat on my shelves at home, despite my best efforts to move it. And I knew of many women personally that WENT INTO DEBT for this company. Many of them were encouraged to lie to their mates about what they spent vs. what was actually sold. Once I got out of the pink fog and realized what I was doing, I sold all my existing inventory back to the company (only a 90% buyback, but better than nothing!)

Every time I see a car that was "earned" by someone from that company, I get really angry and think "how many women had to go into debt so you could drive that car?"

The really sad thing for me is.....I REALLY like the product. But out of principle, I can't financially support an MLM.

Okay, end of rant!----Gary, do what your head and heart say is right. Your friend (ex-w) will understand.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thank you all for your input...I am blessed to have such buddies.

I want to make it clear though....and no offense to those that do this for a living....

I am not interested in multi-level sales....at all...

what I was really looking for was....what I suspect but can't say for sure...is a poor product...one with high hopes and little results....maybe even dangerous...

I was hoping someone may have had "personal" advice on why NOT TO BUY/USE this product...

however, to be fair...if the results are ok and the research did not show the product being harmful ...well....I wanted to know that too.

My ex-wife is always looking for ways to make $$$ and is kind enough to try and include Angie and I....although we see things different...

could be why we are divorced!!! Friends though....and always have been.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #8  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi buddy: I've not tried the product, so I can't comment on it. But honestly....have ANY products like this EVER worked??
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #9  
Operator265

I checked out the thread under "Does it Work" http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167521 and followed up a little on the Web. Honestly, as soon as I saw Senna Leaf it purty much stopped me cold.

I'm fortunate enough to have friends who are into herbal, organic, blah, blah. The fortunate part is they still consider it "medication" and treat it with the same respect a pharmaceuticals. And Nelie is very right about not messing around with Senna Leaf. It's kinda like taking a prescription laxative when a little ExLax would do. And you should be under the watch of a physician or a Qualified herbalist. I also firmly believe laxatives should be used to relieve constipation, not as a weight loss cheat.

Last edited by Operator265; 04-07-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #10  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Run, don't walk away! Just say that you have no interest in multi-level or direct marketing -- that it just isn't your thing. It might be more complicated for you to go into business with your ex, especially if things go south, so try to keep this distance for your own sanity! I speak from experience...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote