General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

Default E.r.

hey ya'll.. thought i'd start on thread on E.R..... as you all know last night was the last episode. very sad that the show we all loved for 15 years is over.... but i have a question... who is the man who played the gay man with aids, who is now dying of cancer?? i know hes someone, and ive seen him before. ive been searchiing the net trying to find out his name and what hes played on before. if anyone knows it would be appreciated. thanks in advance.. stacy xxx
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I stopped watching ER over 10 years ago... but here's the IMDB page for the last episode: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1248519/

If you find the character, you can click on the actor's name to see what else he's been in.

I'll warn you that IMDB can be really addicting sometimes... you click on one actor... and then a movie they were in... which leads you to another actress you recognize... and then you spend 1/2 hour reading what TV shows she was on... lol!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #3  
Meow

1/2 hour? I have been there a long time
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #4  
Meow

i mean I have spent many hours on the website in one go!
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #5  

i went to that site Mayness... can you believe they credited a girl who had 5 lines and 1 scene versus a man who was a major character in last nights show?? in other words, i still know nothing lol.. thanks for your help anways
Old 04-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #6  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I haven't watched it yet. I recorded it and will probably watch it tomorrow.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #7  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

You're absolutely right. I watched the espisode online and even paused through the credits and there is no mention of the actor who played the roll of Gandhi. I too though he was in enough scenes to warrant a mention. But... no. I didn't recognize him either so sorry I can't be of any help.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #8  

i think its pathetic that they wouldnt give him credit.... he was in more than sloan was and she got mentioned... maybe i'll have to write the show lol.......... thanks anyways, and if anyone knows i would still love to know lol

stacy xx
Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #9  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Hey! It's Arthur Allan Seidelman.

ETA: And he's mentioned after the opening credits.

ETA2: So, in a more general scope - what did you guys think? I hadn't watched in quite a long time (actually stopped watching regularly around the time Anthony Edwards left), but came back for some of the "nostalgia" episodes this season. It was surprising how easy it was to fall back into that rhythm again even though I didn't know most of the newer characters very well. And so nice to see some old faces back - or those that never left, like Jerry.

Last edited by Heffalump; 04-06-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Aha - I saw Mr. Seidelman's name but did not recognize the picture of him on IMDB so didn't make the connection...

Jerry did leave the show for a long time and came back this season as other characters were making guest appearances. I guess he works for less money than George Clooney as he in most of the episodes instead of a guest shot or two.

I was a little disappointed in the finale - I thought it a bit bland on the story lines though I guess their intent was to stay true to the original spirit of the pilot. Several episodes this season got back to the great writing that made this show so interesting to watch. I will miss it. But like other shows that eventually ended - Bob Newhart, Cheers, Friends, Hill Street Blues and the Paper Chase - life will go on after TV.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote