Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2009, 03:35 AM   #1  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Default would you eat when you are NOT hungry?

i try to stick with 6 eatings a day (3 meals and 3 snacks in between)... but i noticed (especially after breakfast), i am not hungry for my after breakfast snack at all and even hardly ready for my lunch sometimes!
For breakfast i have 2 egg omlet, when its done i put cheese in the middle and fold it (let it melt), 3 canadian baken, handfull of green paper. So thats my normal breakfast ... BUT it last me forever to be hungry from that. And to incurage my motabolism to work faster i want to eat snacks in between meals... what would you do?

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 04-05-2009 at 03:36 AM.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

This is going to so wierd but yes I would, however I would change the breakfast. I have found that just because I am not hungry for my mid morning snack it does not mean I will not be famished by the time lunch rolls around and I make a stupid choice. What I would do is since you are eating a pretty big breakfast cut out 1/2 the cheese and 1 slice of bacon and see what happens and if you are still feeling full just eat a little something, some carrots, yogurt piece of fruit. good luck
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:17 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I think I posted before on a thread where you were asking about your schedule. As I remember, you had breakfast and lunch too close together. So, I suggested that you skip a snack between breakfast and lunch, and make lunch an hour later. You still may not be really hungry for lunch, but from what I remember, you'll be too hungry later on if you eat too lightly in the first two meals.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think you have to play around with it, and as JayEll suggests, the timing is an issue. If there are 6 hours between breakfast and lunch, then you will be more likely to be hungry. If only 3 hours, you may NOT need a snack!

But don't set yourself up for "failure" later in the day...

Last edited by Heather; 04-05-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #5  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

No, I wouldn't eat a snack if I didn't feel hungry yet after breakfast. I would wait until I *got* hungry for it, and if that happened to be at lunch time, then I would just skip the snack and move on to lunch.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Your breakfast sounds very similar to the breakfast I eat almost every morning. That is why I eat it, because it fills me up and lasts until lunch. I never have a snack between breakfast & lunch and I have not had a plateau yet. You don't NEED to snack. Snacking is what got me to 333 pounds. Good luck.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

If you're not hungry, don't eat. But if you don't eat and then get ravenous later, maybe try revving your metabolism earlier so things are more balanced. Can you fit a ten minute jog/walk in before breakfast? When I exercise in the morning I'm more than ready for food by the time mid-morning snack or lunch time rolls around.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I try not to eat if I'm not hungry. Personally, one of the reasons that I am overweight is because of eating when not hungry. There are times though, when I eat something if I know it could be a long time before I eat again, just so I'm not uber-ravenous by the time I do get to eat. Those are moments though that I would eat some fruit or carrots or something to tide me over a bit.

I'm almost always hungry, so I pretty much eat every 2 - 3 hours. I HATE the feeling of being hungry
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I also eat a pretty similar breakfast to you and it holds me to lunch. So I dont snack in between breakfast and lunch, unless I feel hungry!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #10  
looser

thank you all!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #11  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

if i am not hungry i do not eat but there are times when i do eat because i know that i will be hungry within the hour and with my schedule it is eat know or not until work is over then i know i will definatly over eat so i stop it before i reach that point.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I would eat a little something if I thought I wouldn't be able to eat when I *did* get hungry. But if this is your daily pattern, I would skip the morning snack. If you're not hungry between a good breakfast and lunch, I do not think you need food. I'm the opposite - I can't make it to lunch no matter what I have for breakfast. But OTOH, I really don't need an afternoon snack.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

The idea behind eating 6 times a day is really to keep your metabolism revved up throughout the day, so I wouldn't skip the snack. I would just lessen the breakfast, so that it's enough to get my metabolism moving, but not so much that I'm not going to want the snack later.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #14  
looser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
The idea behind eating 6 times a day is really to keep your metabolism revved up throughout the day, so I wouldn't skip the snack. I would just lessen the breakfast, so that it's enough to get my metabolism moving, but not so much that I'm not going to want the snack later.
that was the exact reason for eating.. its for the sake of metabolism..

Thank you guys! i will low my cal for breakfast
Old 04-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #15  

There aren't really any need for snacks at all. If you want to boost your metabolism by eating 6 times a day, the calorie content of your 6 meals should be equal (or as near to as possible) otherwise you are eating your 3 full meals plus snacks on top of it, which are extra cals you don't need.

Perhaps you could modify your breakfast by having 3 egg whites to 1 yolk for the omelette, switch to low-fat cheese, 1 slice of bacon only and adding some more veggies! You also don't have any carbohydrates in your breakfast, all the calories are coming from protein and fat & coming from egg yolks, red meat and cheese aren't the healthiest sources of protein or fat for you. Try adding some wholegrain carbs to your breakfast too.

Good luck
starsapart is offline   Reply With Quote