South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat

Day Three of the daffodil sales and here's the weather:
Quote:
Periods of rain becoming mixed with wet snow late this afternoon. Wind becoming west 30 km/h (19 mph) gusting to 50 km/h (31 mph) this morning. High 5C(41F) with temperature falling to 1C(34F) this afternoon.
Isn't that just lovely? It's a good thing I have a cheery and stalwart group of volunteers today because it won't be fun sitting out there. I'll ply them with coffee and treats and will take a shift myself. Yesterday's sales were half that of Friday but I hope more will happen today because it's Saturday. Tomorrow we will sell "the remains" at the brunch at the Legion - at least that is indoors, nut just under a roof overhang!

So today I'll be in and out a lot which is good as the dogs do miss me. The welcome I get after ten minutes is the same as that when I've been away half a day. Silly beasts but they certainly make me smile.

Hope your weekend is starting off well with coffee and internal sunshine.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth!

It is GUSTY here right now. I had thought that if it was nice out, I'd go on a run before everyone else got up...NO WAY!! Instead, I'm sitting here with my cup of coffee relaxing while it's still quiet.

Each child today has a birthday party to go to (of course, at completely different times), so they should be excited. We're thinking of looking at some other houses in the meantime. Our lawyer keeps saying it should be ours, but the bankruptcy lawyer thinks we're nuts. *sigh* hopefully we'll finally get more info next week?

My eating has been bad lately (bday party brownies!!), I need to get better! I generally have a big bean salad or similar to eat up, but I've run out, so then I scavenge for something safe to eat. Hmmmm...maybe I'll make a 3 bean salad? Even the DH eats that!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:17 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early Chicks I hoped to sleep in but the cats decided to run around the house like lunatics at 6 AM Little twerps

Ruth - Good luck with those daffies and the weather. I hope the weather is all much less than advertised.

Twynn - How frustrating the whole house thing has been! Maybe the perfect house is just about to be listed.

Add me to the people having trouble staying focused. My eating has been all over the map - great one day, rotten the next. Even my exercise is unimpressive - 2 of 3 days off already in April? Time to set a few goals for myself. I always do better when I have something concrete to motivate me.

Today is chore day and the house certainly needs the attention! I'm thinking about rotating the first bin of clothes too. I know it isn't that warm but I doubt I'll wear the heavier turtlenecks anymore this spring and would love to pull out a bin of transitional clothes.

I'm thinking about warmer weather foods too. Maybe I'll make a bean salad along with the crockpot stews for the week.

Oh, I see a tiny patch of blue sky peaking out! Hope you can find a little where you are too
Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I saw that Ruth was getting us started this morning, and while I was biding my time, the phone started ringing off the hook. I guess everyone knows I'm up early and want to catch me before I'm out the door.

We're getting ready to go out for a bit of shopping for odds & ends, and will be babysitting the grandkids later. The wind is gusting away, so there won't be any outside work today!

I'm running behind now, and Jake is ready to go, so I'll pop back in later. Have a Satisfying Saturday!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all, not much happening here, it was windy last night but looks nice today (so far)

ruth-hope the sales are good today despite the weather
twynn-good look on the house hunting that sounds really frustrating
cyndi-my cat is to prego for that but get to watch the babies move all over in her belly if that counts
cottage-have a good day

i'm trying to get in 10,000 steps but me and pedometers don't like each other so we'll see
Old 04-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies,
Oh Ruth, I wish you had bright sunshiny weather to go with your daffies.
Cyndi, I need to do the clothing swap, but I dread it. Our closets are small, so I have to pack everything up in the attic off-season. Swapping out clothes for four people is a huge chore, and you can't do it all at once, in case you have cool days. It seems to go on forever.
Twynn, 3-Bean salad, mmm. I haven't made that in a while. I overdid it for a while and took a break, I guess, but I think it's time for another batch. It's a great snack. I didn't realize you might not get the house, I thought it was a matter of time. What a disappointment.

So, yes, I'm up early. DD is helping at the Lion's Club breakfast with the Scouts, and DH volunteered to help with some Race/Run thing. I'd hoped we could work on the bathroom today. We're putting in a new floor, sink, and radiator, so hopefully he'll still be in the mood to work when he gets back. Then I'll need to paint and put up shelves, but I can do that on my own. I've got a few hours to kill anyway, so I guess I'll grocery shop and do some other errands.

ETA: Hi me4! Pedometers don't seem to work for me either. maybe I don't step hard enough.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-04-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:57 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Schmoodle & me - have you tried the slightly more expensive pedometers? I never had any luck with the free from the insurance co. or Walmart special pedometers. Then I read something about the padding in your hips getting in the way with the cheaper ones. I bought the one I use now when I was still over 200 lbs, so plenty of padding, and it has worked great. Just a thought.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone

Ruth- Try to get warm today and good luck with the sales.

Twynn- Sounds like you have a busy day, sorry the house issue is taking so long.

Cyndi- My eating has been bad as well good one day and horrible the other and I can not motivate myself to do any more exercise than walk and I do not lose weight walking no matter how much I do.

Cottage- Have fun shopping.

Schmoodle- The free pedometers I have gotten don't work try going and getting an Accusplit Eagle those work great and don't cost that much plus if they break within a year or two don't remember exactly- just mail it back and they will replace for free ( I have done and they have replaced)

As for me finishing up packing to leave for Florida this afternoon and do all the odds and ends before leaving. DH has a committment this afternoon so we cannot leave untl then. Everyone have a great week and I will see you next week.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning!

Ruth -- I'm sending you warm thoughts and wishes.

Twynn -- We have one birthday party tomorrow. Pizza and Cake. Great!

Cyndi -- What is your recipe for bean salad?

Cottage -- Have fun with the grandkids!

Me4 -- Have a great day!

Schmoodle -- All Auston's winter clothes are in the drawer; all his summer clothes are in a basket beside the dresser. What a mess! By May 1, maybe the weather will be consistently warm enough to move winter upstairs. Can't imagine doing that for 4!

Pearl -- Have fun in Florida! Where are you going? We go to Panama City Beach every summer. Love it!

Me: Today is Auston's very first T-Ball practice. He's so excited! In our back yard, he is very athletic. We'll see how he does on a team. After the practice, we have an Easter Egg hunt at the park with cousins. It's supposed to be high 70s today. Yay! I have to shop for work clothes at some point. I really hate shopping. It's bad when clothes look better on the hanger...

Hope you have a great Saturday!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oy! My side yard is completely flooded. The dogs have just a 4 foot wide strip for pottie. The sump pump is working hard and there's no water in the basement - yet! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it starts to drain away soon but I suspect the culvert at the road is blocked. It HAS stopped raining though!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everyone! I had a very productive morning. Booked 5 shows!!! What a great way to start the day!

I already re-stocked all my supplies so I'm ready for my show in Decatur tonight. I have to stop beforehand at my Director's house to pick up the key to the training center for my show tomorrow afternoon. Hot diggity dog!

Ran out of ink in my printer but decided that I have enough stuff for tonight and will stop and get more tomorrow. Never fails, does it? Always expenses!

OK I need to get showered and beautified, and probably eat something, although the thought of having quiche nauseates me. I'm sure there's something else I can find....

Have a great Saturday girlies!!!!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 04-04-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Chelby we are going to Orlando to Disney World, we got park hopper tickets for our stay.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

I shopped for 5 hours today. Did I tell you I hate shopping? But, I was successful. Got 3 pair of dressy cropped pants and 3 very nice tops, and one pair of shoes. MIL got Auston 3 real cute summer outfits. He's set up!

I'm watching the Final 4 with my sweet hubby and having a nice glass of wine.. Life is good!

By the way, any typos or nonsense sentences should be blamed on the wine.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Chelby, I have you beat... 7 hours at the outlet malls! Plus an hour and a half drive each way = one very long day! Unlike you, though, I like shopping... I look forward to my annual outlet trip for months! A very successful day... tops, pants, shoes, jewelry... enough to carry me through summer for sure. In order to clear some room in the closet, I gave a friend some of my pre-diet clothes (she asked for them; otherwise, this might have been a touchy subject). I guess now I absolutely CANNOT get to my high weight again, I'll have nothing too wear!

DBF is working ALL night tonight because of the final 4, so it's me, the TV, and a closet to rearrange... G'night all!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hello! What a day! I'm just now getting ready to have dinner. My bridal show went later than I'd hoped for but was quite successful! Time to enter some stuff into the computer while my food cooks and then time to eat, then bed!

Have a great night! I'll pop in tomorrow!
Closed Thread