Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #1  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

Default AlternaApril Chick Chat

come on Alternachicks! It's April 3rd! Let's get this April party started?

I'm sorry I was away again, but I've missed you and would really like to chat!

What's the happs?

I mentioned briefly in the old thread, but I got married last month and... of course I started again back at WW (already in Feb) but I'm not accepting any of my excuses anymore and I'm going to do this thing.

I'm going to start a belly dancing class on the 23rd!! I've been inspired for so long by too many lovely ladies here so I'm going to try it! It's on thurday nights, the same night my husband (still getting used to saying that) goes to school so it's perfect (I used to go and eat dinner at Subway by myself on Thursdays, and not the 1/2 lo-cal/lo-fat version of a subway sandwich either). Yay!

How's everyone???
Old 04-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #2  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i'm here and i'm doing alright. took tomorrow off because our local farmers market starts and i want to be there! I can't wait.

i tried to work out this morning, but failed. i got 10 minutes in. hahaha.

not much else going on around here, just still in my rebelling phase and trying to get my crazy moods under control.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:39 AM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

hi lizzie - farmer's market! yay! are you in Portland? or somewhere else? I lived for 4 years in Portland before I came here. Love Oregon in general!

by the way 10 minutes isn't a FAIL! 10 minutes is 10 minutes!

hope you (and all!!) have a good saturday/weekend!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

ola guapas!

not much to say..working out like fiend at clinic...oh, weighed myself. have hit a whopping 90 kilos that's 198.5lbs for youse not-metric gals. what can i say....have been involuntarily sedentary for a loong time cuz of illness--pounds add up.. comfort food etc. ach, waddevah! sooooo depressed right now.
yeah, renee..no more excuses! u sound really pumped..hope i catch that motivation bug
lizzie agree w/renee re: 10 min. betta than nuthin
off for hike c y'alls 'round!

Last edited by jandaman; 04-04-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

I can't break to 90 Jan, it's been ages, so I hear you and sympathise! but we have to do this! I know the depression too, but damnit I'm going to overcome all this negativity in my head. Just day by day, right?

have a great hike!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 303/294/250

Height: 5'7"

Yay for belly dancing!! It is a great workout and has totally changed the way I feel about myself. I love it and I hope you will too. Shimmy on sista!!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #7  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm in Eugene, Or. I spent 6 hours at our saturday market today. It was amazing! I got some great food and some awesome blown glass earrings. My feet and legs are killing me- I have to have burned off some calories with walking all day. It was our first real beautiful spring day today too- the conditions for market couldn't have been better.

I actually took today off special to be at opening day. I might not get to go again for a while since I work on saturdays. boooo.

Not much else going on here. Planning to get some good long workouts in this weekend. Work has been really stressful and I'm glad to be having a 3 day weekend.

ooh- belly dancing! That is going to be one of my treats as I lose weight. I'm thinking once I hit One-derland I'll sign up for a class. My friend teaches and I'd love to get to watch her do her work and have the experience.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellydanzer View Post
Yay for belly dancing!! It is a great workout and has totally changed the way I feel about myself. I love it and I hope you will too. Shimmy on sista!!
I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and have always used my weight as an excuse. So now I'm just going for it! It's on Thursday nights, which has traditionally been pub night so that will ALSO keep the extra calories away from the pub food and beer I WON'T be consuming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
I'm in Eugene, Or. I spent 6 hours at our saturday market today. It was amazing! I got some great food and some awesome blown glass earrings. My feet and legs are killing me- I have to have burned off some calories with walking all day. It was our first real beautiful spring day today too- the conditions for market couldn't have been better.

I actually took today off special to be at opening day. I might not get to go again for a while since I work on saturdays. boooo.

Not much else going on here. Planning to get some good long workouts in this weekend. Work has been really stressful and I'm glad to be having a 3 day weekend.

ooh- belly dancing! That is going to be one of my treats as I lose weight. I'm thinking once I hit One-derland I'll sign up for a class. My friend teaches and I'd love to get to watch her do her work and have the experience.
Ah, Eugene! Wonderful! I bet the market was absolutely DIVINE. I just LOVE stuff like that! and yes I'm sure that you burned quite a few calories walking around all day!!

I'll keep you posted on how Bellydancing goes! I'm still quite far from onederland and I'm just going to go for it. If I keep waiting for my weight to change I'll never do anything! I know myself all too well!

So... my Saturday was over in points, but I had enough saved + activity points to use, so I'm still on track. It's a good thing I don't smoke anymore (quit 3 months ago) and we don't buy any junk and there was only one bottle of wine in the house... I had a wonderful NOT phone call with my mother last night and it would have been a perfect opportunity to smoke/drink/eat myself to death. I can't make it through one entire week with no stress - that would be asking the universe WAY too much. *sigh*

but now it's Sunday, I feel a wee bit depressed from this whole crap with my mother (long story, you guys probably don't want to hear it) but I'm just going to get through the day forcing myself to feel a little bit normal. If that makes any sense...

is it weird I'm excited to go to WW on Tuesday? I am on day 5 of journaling and keeping within points. I'm going for the full 7. That's my goal this week!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #9  

bellydancing.....sounds fab! used to do it but gave it up cuz i was too busy with work. need to set priorities! i do rememeber it being one **** of a work out as weel as adding grace and super sexiness to my movements

renee- sorry bout the moms...we've all got serious button pushers somewhere in ourlives. good on ya for not caving!

lizzie isn't it awesome to actually ENJOY getting some exercise in? love markets meself.

have a great monday!!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #10  

ummm..what an oxymoron...."great monday" grumble grumble
Old 04-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #11  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hola chicas!

Hope you are all doing well.

I have been busy with work, yoga and painting my kitchen. I did get a nice break by going to a dance costuming workshop on Saturday. I have lots of ideas for some material I bought ages ago.

I have been maintaining my weight but not losing, though I think it is due to gaining muscle mass as I have ramped up the exercise in the last month.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #12  
I aim to misbehave

S/C/G: 225/tick/175

Height: 5'8"

mauvaisroux- What color are you painting your kitchen? I've been thinking about changing some of our colors around the house, but I never know what colors to choose. You know those people who seem to have a skill for decorating--that is not me--so I just try to steal ideas from others.

So far this month, I've just been busy with work. I'm a teacher, and our quarter ended Thursday, so I was rushing to get all the grades updated. The good thing is this: final quarter of the year means that summer is almost here! But, you wouldn't be able to tell with the five inches of snow we got yesterday!

Bellydancing sounds fun...
Old 04-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #13  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Jan, it's cool. You know, I just have to move on, right?
Mauvais, good that you got a nice fun break from your busy life!
Riverite - where are you that it's still snowing? I hear this from various people still and I just have to shake my head...

I've got 5 days down now of journaling, 2 of exercise and also the whole time within points. Tomorrow is planned already and I've prepared all my food except for two sandwiches. We're going jogging in the morning too...that means... at 10.15pm, I've got to hit the sack for the 4.45am start...

good night chicks and hope to speak to you tomorrow! Why not have a GREAT MONDAY???
Old 04-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

Nice to hear from you guys, it's been slow around here lately. Trust me, I haven't helped the situation! I haven't been eating great or exercising on a consistent basis since February, so my weight loss has completely stalled. I am scared to weigh myself, although I don't think I've gained more than 2 pounds or so - that's just a hunch. I haven't posted much at all because I don't like posing my failures!

Hopefully April will be a better month. I have been eating great for the past 2 days and have even exercised a couple of times. I think I'm on the right track! Take care and I'll chat with you all again soon!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 AM   #15  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Sunrose, great to hear from you! I love your little kitty cat in your profile!!

believe me, I am the queen of not posting because I'm not doing well. but all of that is over now. it sounds like you ARE on the right track!! take it day by day and keep posting, because if you get in a funk, maybe we can help you out of it more quickly!
Closed Thread