Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #1  
I'm a hustler, baby.

S/C/G: 188/147/130

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Weirdness & Discouragement

I've been following Weight Watchers for almost 2 months now, and I've consistently lost at least 2 pounds per week. I did really well last week with my eating and exercise, and I lost about 2.6 lbs. I've been saving "splurge" time for the weekends, but I always keep it reasonable. I didn't eat any more (or really anything different) this weekend than I have over previous weekends. I even worked outside some... lifted rocks for landscaping. But I hopped on the scale this morning and was up 3 lbs since Friday! WTF?!

I'm not expecting my period for another 2 weeks AT LEAST. I've been drinking plenty of water. I don't understand where this came from. And I'm suddenly feeling a bit discouraged. I know it's a small hiccup, and I'm overreacting. My husband keeps telling me to not worry, chill out, yadda yadda. But it really upset me, especially after I worked so hard last week. This type of stuff makes it hard to see the bigger picture. I suddenly want to eat anything and everything just to spite myself.

Has anyone had something similar happen? Any ideas what might have caused it? I know it is normal for a person's weight to fluctuate throughout the day, but this isn't a little fluctuation. I've never been up 3 pounds in 2 days, especially while weighing first thing in the morning after a pee! :-(
Old 03-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #2  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

I had this happen to me this week too. I dunno- I just try not to think about it. It could be anything really- more sodium then usual, constipation? I don't get it. Some days I'll weigh like 2 lbs less then I did the day before- then the next day I'm up 2 lbs from the original weight. I think it's just a good idea not to weigh in every day.
If you keep going, you'll see the difference.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

I have had times when my weight has shot up five pounds in one day. There is no way I ate that much, so it must come from somewhere else. My guess is that in my case it, comes from water retention. If I do more exercise than normal, or increase the intensity of something, the weight gain always happens. The more sore my muscles are, the more I will weigh. In a few days, the weight will disappear.

Since you were lifting rocks, you might be having the same issue I get.

Definitely keep going! It is very normal for your weight to fluctuate, so don't allow a temporary high weigh in to discourage you!!

BP
Old 03-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

This has happened to me numerous times. I've gone up 4 lbs. and come back down within a few days. Sometimes I go up, then drop lower the next day. I'll bet it is water retention. It happens esp. when I've been doing extremely low cal (I think you call it 0 points) veggie soup. I bloat right up. And I'm on a water pill!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #5  
I'm a hustler, baby.

S/C/G: 188/147/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the feedback girls. I'm feeling a little better about it. It's just so hard to NOT let it get me down. I had this whole "goal schedule" planned. Oh well! I've just got to keep at it.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

when you excersize a lot, especially with strength training, your muscles retain water as they rebuild themselves. this is why its a bad idea to weigh every day (im a scale addict too) ALSO, not all scales are created equally and the WW scale and your home scale are probabally not the same. just stick with your official weigh in and leave the home scale in the closet. ALSO, have your measurements done. you may not see a weight loss, but your body is shifting and changing and you may see inches melt away
Closed Thread