General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Default the movie "The haunting of molly hartley"

Has anyone seen this movie? i just watched it, and i thought it had the potential to be a really good movie... but the end? i just DID NOT get it? AT ALL. it made NO sense. i am SO confused. lol. if anyone saw this movie and understands the end, PLEASE explain it to me.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:07 AM   #2  
Operator265

It was a sad attempt at a "surprise" ending that wound up as a FAIL. I want my money and that 1 1/2 of my life back.

Edited to Add: The worse part is I could have seen "Slumdog Millionaire" but my DD wasn't interested. Now, she wants to see it. ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Operator265; 03-31-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #3  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I saw it in cinema. SPOILLLLEERRRR ALLLERRRTTT

The girl was schizophrenic. The entire time she was home from the hospital she was having audio and visual hallucinations - I don't know how more elaborate you want the explanation to be - but hopefully someone who's seen it more recently than I have can explain more!

I just remember not liking it because I always hope for happy endings and it was definitely not one
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #4  

really? i thought the ending was pretty happy?... she graduated valedictorian of her class, got the guy, and rode away in a fancy limo? i didnt see anything bad come out of the end at all, which is why i didnt understand the end at all. if the "Dark ones" were going to come and take her away and omg.. its soo scary, then why was it all fine and dandy at the end. i just didnt understand the end. i mean... that skitzo thing would have made more sense as to why her end was happy, if they said that she was skitzo and then said she was cured. but infact - her father was the one who went into the psych ward - not her... soo.. idk, i just dont understand what the point of the entire movie was if she was just going to get everything she wanted in the end.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #5  

Thanks for posting this! I was soo lost too! Hopefully more will respond!
sjdphc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #6  
Operator265

She wasn't "taken away", she was "taken over". Now, she is the evil. Kinda like Damien from The Omen. I think we're supposed to find out the rest in the sequel. Gawd Forbid a sequel.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #7  

yeah thats what i was thinking. but still... what a dumb ending - who wouldnt want to be evil if they got everything they wanted? lol