Height: 5'4"

Hello!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #3  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/115

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, this day is starting just as slowly as the other two this week, LOL, only thing is I AM OFF TODAY! so, I seem to have "more time to kill" you know?

I just got the kitchen cleaned, need to move to my still massive heap of laundry and then I'll get my workout in.

I am in for the April Challenge and I've challenged myself to lose 10lbs by the end of this month. I think that's quite attainable.

I did something to be happy about this morning...after picking up DD from 1/2 kindergarten, I almost went to Starbucks and got a Vivanno. Yes, I had the cash in hand...and then I thought "self, do you need those 270 calories?" and self said "no" so, I drove home.

I just need to figure out what I want to do this morning exercise wise. I have the treadmill, the elliptical, the bike, p90x, and wii fit to choose from. I'd like to get in an hour. The way I'm looking at it right now though, it will probably be more like 30-45min tops. I have bunches of stuff to do this afternoon.

I don't know where you all are from - since I'm pretty new to this board...but, do any of you have those "Hot Pots" pottery places in your area? Well, I'll explain what it is, for those who don't know.

Hot Pots is a place where you pick a piece of pottery out, and paint it with the glaze (any color or colors etc.) and decorate it and they fire it and you have this beautiful piece of artwork.

Last week on Spring Break, my mom, dad, the kids and I went to Hot Pots to do some pottery. Well, this afternoon we are picking them up! I can't wait to see them.

I did mine with my little one's footprints. He was a preemie and never got footprints in the hospital. He is now almost 9mos old, but, even still...I wanted to have footprints of his. So, we painted his little feeties and put them on the pottery. I wrote his name and the year beneath it and decorated it. My oldest DS made a hummingbird to give to his sister and my DD made a squirrel to give to her older brother. My father made a family tree with everyone's name on it (including our cat and dog). I can't wait to see them! My mother didn't do one, she helped me with mine and held LO when needed!

What's everyone eating today?

I still have no oven, so I wonder what I'll crock or make on the stovetop.

TTYL,
Sarah
FitSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys!

Boy am I tired. I was out late last night, whizzzed in the door to watch the last bit of American Idol. Got ready for work and helped DD do homework, took a shower then crashed into bed. I don't think I turned over once last night! lol

Yesterday Amber (dd) and I drove an hour to a large shopping center in Knoxville. We shopped for 2 hours then meet the weight loss group I am in for supper at Mimi's cafe. The dietician was there (actually two of them) and we all got to order what we wanted. Then she went over good choices on the menu. Things she said to do: Make ordering about you! ask for no butter, no salt. If they have it on the menu you can create your own meal. She said not to feel guilty about asking for things on the side or to change something about an item you don't want/like. Opt for water instead of tea/soda/coffee. If available look at NI, either at resturarant or online before you go. I beleive they choose Mimi's Cafe because they have a lifestyle menu that has the NI right on the menu. Another important note, eat as if you were at home. Don't think your stomach is bigger because your at a different table. Watch portion sizes, get a to go box before you food comes out and box 1/2 of it up right away. Skip the bread, unless you not having a starch with your meal, and skip the butter. Eat off the kids menu. She said to skip the convienence eating like fast food and opt for a sit down resturant because are you are more to find something that is healthy and because you can have them change it to what you want/need. It was very informative and am glad I went. Amber was not impressed and said she'd rather of gone to Granny's so she could be on facebook.

Next week our meeting is "Walk with Stacey" I just called and reserved my spot. We are going to meet with the exercise physiologist. She is going to go over warm up and we are going to have our meeting about walking while we "WALK" around the hospital campus track. Cool. I get in my meeting and exercise all in one evening. Plus to make all that even better I have hired my mother to come over on Wednesdays to clean my house. She will keep Amber at my house while I am gone. So I get to come home to a clean house plus I don't have to drive an extra 20 minutes to go pick up Amber and then drive home again.

My beagle is such a goober. He makes me . I filled up the holes in the yard last week and already they are dug out again. Plus he chewed a hunk off the lattice off the porch. Yesterday I stopped at Petsmart and spent a small fortune on toys. I got the kong with the liver treat that you squirt into it. Hopefully it will keep him occupied while we are gone. I just don't get it, he is only alone for 2 hours a day. The rest of the time he is with someone and is fine. Maybe it's separation anxiety that makes him want to chew. hubby says it's just a puppy phase but he is a year old this year shouldn't he be slowing down some?

That's it for me. hope everyday has a wonderful day.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Hey Sarah- my menu for today is

B- 1 egg, 1 egg white scrambled
topped with 1 T cabot pepperjack 50% RF cheese (shredded)
I put that on top of 1 slice 35 cal wheat bread spread with just touch of brummel and brown butter
1 small apple

S- dannon light and fit yogurt

L- lean cuisine meal
2 cups spinach with Ken's raspberry and pecan dsg

S- 1 cup cantaloupe

D- 1 cup WW pasta w/ 1/2 cup can tomatoes, 1/2 cup steam broccoli, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle all with 2 T parm. cheese
1 cup cantaloupe

S- jello pudding cup, the ones that are 60 calories
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Not too much going on today. I did watch Idol. They better quit picking on my girl with the pink hair. She's a rocker and she's young. She can wear whatever she wants.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #7  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

Happy April Fool's Day! Hope nobody gets pranked today!!!

The last couple of days around here have not been much fun. We're halfway through Spring Break, and the two oldest are fighting constantly now. They need to go back to school, but we still have a week and a half. Lord help me (and them!) lol

FitSarah- We have a ceramics place here. The kids LOVE going, and they make great gifts for grandparents! I also have a preemie. My ds3 was a 24 weeker- he just turned 4 in January. How early was your little one?

squeak351- it sounds like your pup does have separation anxiety. My dog was like that until he was about 2. You may have to crate her while you're gone, to keep her from destroying things. But hopefully the new toys will keep her occupied enough.

Have a great day everyone!
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #8  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/115

Height: 5'1"

Yay, I got in a GREAT workout. I chose treadmill (old friend) and did some intense walking for 44 min (I don't know why I stopped there, just did...) and I got a great adrenaline rush!

So, showered and ready to make lunch now. I was having these revelations while working out and showering...

1. The weight loss is for ME! Not anyone else.
2. Those clothes in my closet are going to be worn by ME again and I'm not going to give them away or sell them. (I was thinking of the opposite alternatives to "never getting into them again")
3. I like how it feels when I know I'm healthy.
4. Even if I am pregs with baby #4, I can still be healthy and I can still trim up.
5. I have heart disease, diabetes and other fun things that run in my family - so, I need to put myself in check before I "check out" too early.

What do you think?

BTW, menu for the day - so far:

Breakfast: 1 egg w/mozzarella cheese, omelette, 1 pc of light whole wheat bread with 1 pat of butter, 2 cups decaf coffee, 1 small glass of grape juice (for the pills)

Snack: 1/2 Fiber One pop tart - brown sugar cinnamon

Lunch: (will be) 1 slice light whole wheat bread with horseradish cheddar cheese (1 sl), 2 thin slices of Cleveland bologna, carrot sticks (handful)

Unknown for the rest of the day for dinner etc.

Talk to you later, I must go make lunch and brown some ground beef.

-Sarah-
FitSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey All!

Glad to see some of you watch AI! I'm a huge fan!

Squeak, your menu sounds soo good!

Now I want to go make an omelet! I guess it can wait til breakfast!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #10  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Just popping in to say a quick Hello!!

AI fan here. I favor my man Danny!!!

Went to the gym and sweat up a storm. That good gym sweat. Ahhhhh, then home took a shower and did the usual.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #11  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

LOL @ daydreamer! My son is gone for the week, thank goodness. He's an only child and he would be driving me nutz!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote