South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tremendous Tuesday Chatterings!

Happy Tuesday and last day of March!

It's promising to be a beautiful spring day, and I'll be outside planting several flats of pansies and turning over the soil in our little vegetable patch. We're considering planting a few lettuces and radishes, but I'm wondering if it's still too early. Maybe the people at the garden center will give us some helpful advice. The girls and I are just itching to get our hands in the soil again!

Chelby, congratulations on your new job! I hope it goes well for you!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:40 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks. Looks like it will be a lovely day today.

Cottage - Enjoy working in the garden

I'm having a kind of heavy day. Found out yesterday afternoon that the father in a family I know pretty well from several places died suddenly Sunday night. They are just one of the nicest families, very involved in lots of community stuff. He has a beautiful little granddaughter who adores him. He was only 55, just a few years older than me. It really reminds me how important it is to let the things we can't control (like the economy) go and appreciate the things we have in our lives. I have to say that, knowing the family, it also really illustrates how important it is to take care of ourselves as early as we can.

Enough sadness on a sunny day. I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the sunshine if it's visiting you.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:44 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, I am green with envy! Radishes could certainly be planted now but I'd be careful with lettuce as it's frost sensitive. How about putting in some spinach or chard seeds?

Been terribly busy and stressed this week and it's only Tuesday but did read back a bit and want to add my congrats to Chelby.

Off to the vet this morning with Jazz who still has the stitches from his neutering back in January. They did NOT dissolve and may be bugging him, causing the pee in the house problem. Holly and I did a partial fur cut yesterday but stopped when we got to "that" area as he'd pretty much run out of patience by then. He looks pretty funny half done but we'll finish later in the week.

Meetings and phone calls and other crud will fill up the rest of the day. Disney and I do our scheduled visit to the nursing home late this afternoon and I'm considering shutting off the phones when I get home. "Call Ruth" seems to be the answer to a lot of things in this Village, flattering but a PITA!

Let's work on having a tremendous Tuesday.

ETA: Oh Cyndi, that is so sad. It really does hit close to home when someone close to our age dies. Good advice to "take care of ourselves as early as we can. " I hope some sunshine brightens your sadness.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, that is so sad about that family. But it is a real wake-up call for all of us to remember to appreciate what we have and take care of ourselves.

Ruth, I hope those bothersome stitches are the blame for Jazz's potty problems! Try to have a calm and peaceful day, and that's a wonderful idea to turn off your phone, but don't forget to turn them back on again!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Friends!

Got my clothes laid out. Got Auston's clothes ready. Lunch is made. House is clean. Should be good to go! I'll check in at the end of the day...
Old 03-31-2009, 07:32 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Have a few minutes since I still can't go to the gym (will try tomorrow) so I wanted to buzz in.

Cottage: have fun "farming"! I haven't planted anything yet but 4 o'clock seeds, but my roses are starting to bloom and my pansies from the winter are doing well.

Cyndi: So sorry to hear about your friend! Losing friends is so hard and really gives us a look at our own mortality. I just found out the other day that a guy I dated in college had died..shock!

Hope everyone has a good day. I just realized that in a couple of weeks, I'll be "beachin'" for 2 years...wow. Every day at lunch @ school I see what other people are eating and just want to shake my head....junk out of the machines, white bread sammiches etc...and so many of them have diabetes and still eat that stuff. ick. I have these huge wonderful meals and I'm the one not gaining weight...gotta love it.

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-31-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Heidi-ho chicks. Tuesday starting out rough. We took DD to dinner at the Thai place last night to celebrate her birthday. We really liked it, but I guess we won't be going back since DH spent most of the night worshiping the porcelain god. In the 25 years I've known him, I think that's only about the third time he's puked. He usually has an iron stomach. Anyway DD had a nice time and now she is 22 (she is my oldest baby)!! DH is sleeping in. DS forgot his lunch again, so I guess I'll be making a run to his school. And I want to check in on my mom because she had the same thing as DH (I suspect the scallops). Hope she's okay because she's just getting over being sick.

Ruth, we have a Ruth in our town. Her name is Sue. It's amazing how much stuff she does around here. We just gave her the volunteer of the year award. So here's your honorary award:
Chelby, good luck at work today. As soon as you get settled into a routine, you'll be good. It's great that you've got so much help and support available.
Cat, my two year anniversary is coming up in a couple of months - May 31. Unfortunately I'm still not exactly where I want to be, but I am so much better off than two years ago! Happy Anniversary to you!
Cyndi, cottage, you two have a great day!

Off to jump in the shower and than see if DH wants to try some tea and toast.
Eating was not good last night, I had some calamari (fried) and crispy duck. Lots of water needed today!!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - sounds like a lovely day! Enjoy!

Ruth - You DO do a lot! Good for you! It does have it's downside though, huh?

Cyndi - I'm very sorry for your friend. It does make us realize what's important, doesn't it?

Chelby - congrats!! Good luck!!

Cat - Good to see you stopping in! I agree - I get disgusted seeing the pop tarts and honey buns for breakfast. Lots of processed lunches too. It just makes me more proud of myself that I "converted"!!

Schmoodle - OUCH! Rough night!! Hope everyone is feeling better today. Did(will) you report it to the restaurant?

Me - Just finished making Lemon Lentil salad for lunch...I'll let you know how it is! I actually had meant to make southwestern lentil salad, but didn't have my black beans made. two new recipes to report on!
Work is very busy today, and then DS's sixth birthday is tomorrow...so I need to make brownies tonight!

Gotta run! Have a great day!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yippee! Just hired a local contractor to do my raking and Spring clean-up. He will do my grass this season too. Sure will be better than wondering if Eric the neighbour lad is going to do it and when. I can't take it with me so may as well spend it, right?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning chics! I am having a rough morning but trying not to let it get the best of me. after getting back on track yesterday my weight shot up 3 more lbs and I am now the highest weight I have been in years. I am soooo frustrated and disappointed in myself!!! and I don't think it is deserving for me to have gained 9lbs in less than a week!!!!!!! so tom is here and I am sure most of it is water but to see a number on the scale that is so much higher especially when you are getting back to eating the right foods is downright depressing!!!! well, looks like its back to p1 for me for a bit. I will go read up on my book a bit today and am going to talk to the Y about joining, I think I will change gyms since mine doesn't have a pool.

Cottage- Enjoy your planting! We're still unsure how were going to get a tiller for our yard, and now were behind!!!

Cyndi- I am sorry to hear for your(and the nice family's)loss. Really does make you appreciate more.

Ruth- shut the phones off and enjoy some "self" time! and poor lil jazz, I had a pup who that happened to once, they told me they were the kind that dissolve., but when I went back they said no they aren't you were mistaken... um, no your tech that gave me the release told me the wrong thing, I was misinformed! anywho- good luck at the vet! ETA: good for you for hiring someone!!!

Chelby- sounds like things are under control! Good luck!

Cat- good to see ya around! I agree with you- I especially hate to see my friends with kiddos who don't give them anything healthy!!!! they need good food too!

Schmoodle- hope your family is feeling better today... that really sucks.

twynn- I can't wait to hear about the recipes! happy 6th to your DS!~

Well, off to start my day and adjust my menus to be p1 friendly this week. I am so freakin upset about that darned scale... sure makes me feel awful!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

good morning gals.....

ruth--good luck with jazz, thats awful that hes been putting up with those stitches all this time.

schmoodle-- food poisoning you think?

cyndi-- sorry for your loss. about 17-18 yrs ago my uncle was working for the railroad, they were repairing a crossing, a train was coming, there was still a worker on the tracks, my uncle was screaming at him but machinery was too loud. my uncle ran, pushed the man out of the way, and was struck. killed instantly. left my aunt, and 3 young daughters behind. months later my aunt came to visit, when i went to get her up in the morning, i asked her "aunt suzanne, when uncle bobby left for work in the mornin, did you say i love you?" she said yes they both said it.... from that moment on i felt a little bit better. i had worried that one of them didnt say it. she told me "never go to bed mad, never leave mad, stay and fight it out, because you never know when it might be the last chance you have." sorry this note is so long, but it just reminds me how the family you know, and the pain they are going through. theres a song by garth brooks, if tomorrow never comes. it says alot. dont forget to tell the ones you love that you love them. its important.

chelby--congrats huni, you can do it!! lol

everyone else, have a great day on the beach.

stacy xxx
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

rikki... i feel for you hun. the damn scale determines how we feel and thats not right. im addicted to it too, i have to know lol... heck id shave my head,shave my legs, trim my nails, blow my nose, ANYTHING to lose the weight and unless you were a total pig and ate everything in site, you know that theres no possible way that you really gained 9 lbs in a week. its water, so relax and keep on keeping on lol...

stacy xxx p.s. anyword on the biggest loser show thing yet??
Old 03-31-2009, 09:53 AM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I would've got a call back that week so nope- I didn't think I would have got on, but if I didn't try I would never know!!! There have been many people my weight but they were shorter than me too... oh well- I will do this on my own! I am determined. I am tired of being OBESE.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:47 AM   #14  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdw1 View Post
I am determined. I am tired of being OBESE.
lol i was just thinking that i can't wait til i'm down to just overweight instead of obese
Old 03-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Top o' the mornin' to ya! Oh how I LOVE staying home during the day! I sleep better, I'm not stressed, I can get things done.... ahh.

Cottage, have fun with your garden!

Cyndi, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Ruthie, sounds like a wickedly busy day! I hope you also have a tremendous Tuesday!

Chelby, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Cat, happy almost beacher anniversary!!!!

Schmoodle, yack! I hope everyone gets to feeling better and you don't have to deal with pukies anymore! Oh it makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

Twynn, enjoy your busy day! Happy Birthday to the wee one!

Rikki, don't worry about the sudden increase. An increase like that can ONLY be water from TOM, lack of drinking, not enough veggies, etc. You would've had to have eaten 31,500 calories more than normal to gain that much! Even when I go on a binge, it's hard for me to consume THAT much! And, I'm a member at the Y and love it. Can't beat the price, especially with everything that they have there for you!

Hi Stacy and me4life! Have a fabulous day!

As for me, it's going to be a GLORIOUS day, even though it looks a little icky outside. My body is screaming for some sunshine! I'm getting made fun of at facials for being Whitey McWhiterson. Oh how I envy the beige beauties!

Just had half an apple and a couple of orange slices. Little Guy's appetite is back, so instead of just 1 bowl of cereal in the mornings, now it's a bowl of cereal, a banana, half an apple, and most of an orange. We don't feed the child junk, and he usually refuses sweet treats because we convinced him that the reason he was getting sick was because he wasn't getting the vitamins he needed from fruits and vegetables. It's nice to have a healthy boy!

Now if only I could kick this cold I've had since St. Patty's Day....

Had a marvelous meeting last night! Didn't sell anything but am fairly certain she wants to start selling. She found out I quit my job and was pretty impressed by the amount of money you can make doing it. She has 2 little ones at home and hates her job, so I think it would be perfect for her. Say a little prayer! I'll find out this afternoon!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Lisa
Closed Thread