Old 03-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat March 30th

Hi ladies

So it looks like I get to start the thread bright and early this morning!

I had THE most hectic weekend, but it was fun. I went to the movies with a friend to see Coraline in 3D and The Reader. I really enjoyed both movies!

I didn't get to rent "Twilight" yet though
I will definitely be watching that movie this weekend coming up!

I took the dog for some nice long walks this weekend. It was beautiful on Saturday! I also cleaned my house like a mad woman yesterday...I cleaned for 4 hrs straight! ACK! I was glad to be inside though, it poured rain ALL day yesterday and it's raining again today...

How's everyone's Monday going so far?
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Wifey! Sounds like a great weekend-very productive! I'd like to see Twilight as well-my sisters love it. Is Coraline a dark movie? We didn't know how it would be for a six year old.

Mine weekend was okay-my in-laws were in town and DD had a fever on Saturday. I don't know what was up with that, but I did send her to school, since she had been without one for 24 hours.

My eating has been horrible. I don't know if it was because last week was TOM, or what, but I ate anything, everything in sight. I'm so mad at myself. Anyway, today is a new day and I know what breakfast and lunch are going to be, so I just need to figure out dinner and I'll be fine.

Anyway, I'm going to study. I'll check back later!!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #3  

Must of been a rough weekend for everyone.

I ate and ate and ate. Didn't go too crazy but I did eat a Reese's Peanut Butter egg, omg and half a butterfinger! AACK..

Saturday my mom came over and helped me spring clean. She's a slave driver! LOL We cleaned for four hours straight then I cleaned up and went to the movies. We saw Race to witch mountain. It was cute for a teen girls movie.

Sunday started off good but ended with me trying to stuff everything in my mouth. DD went to my sister's and DH and I went shopping for easter basket stuffers. Why is it so expensive. Seriously it was outrageous. I got very little in the easter isle and got more out of the regular candy isle. You get half the candy for three time the price. Must be the little fancy packaging. Crazy...

This morning has been wild. I had two kids in my office when I got to work "losing their cookies". What a way to start the day.

I am determined to get past this eating everything in sight. Tonight is busy with DH home, he has requested hamburgers and steaks. ( I have a hamburger worked into my plan) and then it's off to bible study on Esther. Should be in late, don't know when I am going to fit in some exercise.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #4  

I had a bit of a rough weekend too. I had been feeling so guilty for working for two weeks (kids got lots less attention) that I defaulted to old behaviors and made cookies to 'soothe' us all. I enjoyed them for much of the weekend. GAH! Mom guilt (and all Moms have it all the time for various reasons) and comfort food go hand in hand, no? I'm trying to change that for my kids but it's tough.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #5  

Indymom76 - It's a Tim Burton movie...so it is a bit dark. I did see one little girl in the theatre with her mom...she looked like she was 6 or 7 and she was just chatting her mom up after the movie. IMO - I wouldn't take her...maybe wait to see it at home. Although, it was a really neat movie to see in 3D!

Squeak351 - I ate badly this weekend...I gave into some popcorn during my first movie and then yesterday I was snacking on these jelly easter bunnies that we bought at Zellers on the weekend. Ugh! I have to stop buying crap...I've warned DH that there are some things we will NOT be buying anymore...any type of candy is one of them!

Chicken salad is what I'll be having tonight...DH and I are going out for dinner with a friend who's coming for a 2 day visit....so I'm sticking to plan tonight!

Also, tonight is the LAST night I'm baking the Amish Friendship Bread for a LONG TIME. It's been passing around the office like crazy! I'm baking the last 4 loaves tonight and shoving 3 of them in the freezer (gotta keep one for the guest and DH)! It's so tempting...so I'm gonna freeze it and alleviate the temptation!

I'm dying to see "Twilight." I think that I'll be setting aside some time on Sunday afternoon to watch it! I just hope there's a copy left to rent!

Last edited by Wifey; 03-30-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #6  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/115

Height: 5'1"

Hello! I hate Mondays! The kids had spring break last week and I took the week off. Well, Monday comes crashing down on all of us when SCHOOL is back in and SO IS WORK! So...I am putzing around the house...not wanting to move too fast and I haven't worked out. I guess I could give myself a "bye" today because it is the first day back to normal? I guess that's a poor excuse for an excuse? Well, I'm going to eat "clean" today - what's clean...well...I don't just know that exactly. I guess I will have only good foods and not try to graze like I do sometimes. I work late...and wait until I get home from work for dinner. That's awful sometimes because I like to gorge when I get home. Everything that could be stuck in my mouth - goes there! I just can't eat at work though. I've tried that.

Today so far: 1 egg w/mozzarella cheese omellette. 1 slice of light whole wheat toast w/1 pat of real butter. Coffee, small glass of grape juice (for the meds)

I hope the rest of the day (Let's rephrase that...I'll MAKE the rest of the day..) go well too.

I have to figure out dinner now. What shall I make? Chicken...meatloaf...shrimp...hot dogs (yes, the healthy 98% FF ones) Give me your votes, LOL.

Nice chatting,
Sarah
FitSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #7  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hey all. Just a quick pass through to say HI!
A lazy sleep in too late and then have no motivation going on here. I am thinking I'll forge though and try and atleast go out and do one errand. Small goals, small goals. If I get that done, I 'll feel better, knowing I didn't completely waste a whole day... maybe just 80% of it.

Sarah... I vote for Chicken or shrimp.... how about a stir fry? That's easy peasey.

I'll try and stop in later to chat more...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

I lost 0.2 lbs last week, but I am okay with that. This week I need to focus on less sugary goodness and more water. I had a long walk around the aquarium on Saturday. My feet are sore.

Okay, funny story time. Since I have had this weight loss, I’ve lost my top area (the twins). My hubby said, “Now they are like pomegranates.” So the running joke around my house is, “So, I hear you like pomegranates.” I know, TMI, but it’s pretty funny.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue View Post
Okay, funny story time. Since I have had this weight loss, I’ve lost my top area (the twins). My hubby said, “Now they are like pomegranates.” So the running joke around my house is, “So, I hear you like pomegranates.” I know, TMI, but it’s pretty funny.

TOO funny! That just made me LOL at work!

My DH is afraid that I'll lose "the twins." He's such a boob man! I know, TMI!
Old 03-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #10  
Super Mom

wifey and sapphireblue- isn't that always the case though? we seem to lose from the top down...and I'm a pear shaped woman! My DH loves the "twins" too...he wants to keep me BFing far longer than I'll need to - just to keep them big, LOL!

This is such a lazy day. I have a laundry room that looks like a tornado hit it, a half done kitchen, a baby sleeping in my lap as I type (and if I dare try to put him down in a bed, LOL, that will wake him right up!) a 6 yr old having her "tv time" after school (yes, don't slap me..she is allowed for a little unwinding time - 30 min or so) and I have to get ready for work here in a bit. I hate Mondays - I work 3-10PM! They screw me up. Thankfully I work today and tomorrow and I'm off till Saturday. Why do I complain? give me an ounce of something to complain about today and I will!

I got my bloodwork back and I'm as "healthy as they come" so, why am I so tired all the time? I take iron, calcium, prenatal vitamins...sleep well...and am pracitically stress free. However, I can sit down and fall asleep automatically! They asked me if I'm "depressed" and I am actually less depressed now than ever! I am blissful...a little portly, but blissful. That's another thing...my weight won't budge. I eat healthy, exercise (a lot) and my weight is staying right where it is at 172 or creeping up a little to 175. I'm 5'1"!!!

BTW, I chose chicken..LOL...healthy dinner.

TTYL,
Sarah

Last edited by FitSarah; 03-30-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Sarah, isn't it a bummer how our bodies are such a mystery. It could be any number of things...
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #12  
Super Mom

Now they want to refer me to a neurologist - since I've been tired, they think I may have narcolepsy. I think that's really grasping for straws, you know? I can sit down and fall asleep right away, but...I don't think I'm narcoleptic! Who knows...

I am late for my AF - but, I am EBF my 8.5month old...so, who knows. I haven't had regular cycles since I've started again...but, might be baby #4 on the way. I won't test for another couple of days now. I used to be 26 days...and that would have been 2 days ago. So...I'm not even 1 week past now. We are trying though...

Heading off to work in 45 min. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Sarah
Old 03-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #13  
Liane

S/C/G: 201/190/160

Sorry some of you had a bad weekend.

And I TOTALLY agree about losing form the top down. I have lost a total of 8 lbs this far (3 from last week ) and I measured my waist and it is the same but by boobs sure feel smaller. ugh...that is annoying!
leenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #14  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

Well... it's definitely Monday! lol

We just started week 2 of our 3 week Spring Break here. Having all 4 kids at home all day is a lot of work, but we're trying to stay busy. So far it's been good. People are a little cranky today though. Naps might be in order for everyone! lol

I'm off to the grocery store to restock all the healthy goodness. I faltered BIG TIME last week, and gained a couple of pounds back, but I refuse to move my ticker back. lol I'll just have to work twice as hard this week to lose those pounds plus one or two more!

Hope everyone survives Monday!

Last edited by daydreamer; 03-30-2009 at 05:59 PM.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote