Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: (324/238/175) New 310/310/200

Height: 5'5"

Default My most recent WOW moment

Last week I tried on a pair of size 22 jeans at walmart and they fit! so I tried on the 22s I had at home that I never got into during my last diet attempt in 04-05 and theY fit too! WOOHOO. I cut out some tops to sew in size 22. I can buy the cheap easy-to -sew paterns now-they never came in my size before!

I've been stalled in the numbers game, though for about a month-going up and down within about a 5 pound range. I've been struggling with my sugar addiction, too. The other day I had a really bad day at school and vented to my teaching partner, Donovan, who listened in a way uncharacteristic for a male-just listened, didn't try to tell me what I should do. I cussed, I cried. He'll come into my room during prep times or before or after and vent to me, too. There's another guy friend there that does that occasionally, too. Personal stuff. But anyway, the next day, Donovan brought me a huge apple fritter and I ate it. Not good.

but I'm still upset about having leukemia and all that. I know I need another fill but I can't afford to take the time from work because I have oncologists appointments that I need to take off for. I guess I should call and get one scheduled for the first day of summer break and try hard to get back to the good eating patterns. I can live with not losing but not with gaining. I'm finally below 250 for the first time in probably 20 years. I AIN'T GOING BACK!
merryterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

I understand you, Terry. I had a heck of a time when Ben and me mother passed...it was hard to think it was important to "watch my food intake" with so much pain and sorrow on my plate. I get it.

I hope you can see that you are doing just fine honey. Just pick up after eating things and keep going. Remember that if you can refocus on food, it can take your mind away from the leukemia. The losing weight part of this is a positive with great rewards that can uplift your mood...perhaps making fighting what you have to fight and treatments etc easier to handle. (it has been proven that attitude and upbeat feelings make the fight easier)

I'm glad you have a friend that will listen but tell him the listening is soooo much more helpful then the donut.

Did you get your fill? I would say, make yourself and your health a priority

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 03-28-2009 at 09:03 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

HUG! Terry THAT FEELS SO GOOD!
the refocussing on food its ongoing!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: (324/238/175) New 310/310/200

Height: 5'5"

Default Another WOW

A picture of me with a slender woman was projected on the screen at church today. I only had a fraction of a second to see it but...I wasn't thoroughly disgusted with myself. Was rather pleased. I was also trying on smaller clothes that had recently been given to me and I liked what I saw in the mirror. I still have about 100 lbs to my doctors goal, but, I'm well on my way
merryterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #5  

You have so much going on medically.Focus on being healthy and the weight will fall off.Everything healthy that you put in your mouth will not only help you lose weight but also help with you treatment for leukemia.You are so brave.Good luck to you Terry!!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

It's all baby Steps Terry you're doing great!1
KO is offline   Reply With Quote