South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Back Again!

Helloooooo, ladies! Just thought I'd drop by and update you on what's going on in my life, and let you know that you'll be seeing SO much more of me now, so quit your crying!

We had a bit of a rough time with Little Guy. He'd been very sick and finally an ENT decided to yank his tonsils and adnoids. I used all my vacation and sick time to take care of him the week he was recovering. Then, he developed a 103+ fever and horrible cough. After taking him to get a chest xray (they thought it was pneumonia,) I called my new boss (micromanager that was not very nice to me typically) and updated her on what was going on because she always got upset when I didn't keep her informed. This was her compassionate response:

"So you really don't have any other form of day care besides what's at his school?" I said no. She said "Well, where's his REAL mom?" Growl. I informed her that she's not really in the picture and doesn't live nearby. "Well, don't you have any brothers or sisters that could watch him for you?" Double growl. I told her that my brother moved to Chicago and my parents were here, but my mom was having back surgery the following day (St Patty's Day, another long story.) So, she replied "Well, you're going to have to get some friends or find SOMEONE who can watch him." My little boy had pneumonia post-surgery and she was unwilling to let me take any time off work, even though it was covered, to take care of him.

So... I drove to the store, dropped my keys off, and called her on my way home to let her know that I QUIT!!!!! Oh, sweet freedom! The chains are gone, I've been set free!

Here's the kicker. A week later, she got fired because of a complaint I'd made months ago to Loss Prevention about some shady things she ordered us to do around inventory time. I'm still trying very hard not to take too much pleasure in that.....

SO, I'm doing Mary Kay full-time and a stay-at-home-mamalisa and house-girlfriend! My house is CLEAN, my laundry is DONE, my family is well-FED, and I am SO BLESSED!!!! I had been worried about how MK would support us since ex-boss wouldn't let me work MK (no free weekends or evenings) but God has been dropping unexpected checks into my mailbox and is taking care of me just fine! Why do I worry????

Otherwise, Mom is recovering at home and is driving herself crazy after week 1 of 12 off work. Everyone is doing fine and I am at peace with everything!

Just in case she's lurking, I have a very good friend I referred to 3fc because she just started Ph1 this week and was struggling with day 1. I told her about all our recipes, FAQ's, and support on here and I think she was going to check it out, so if we get a newbie from Springfield named Jennifer, that's my girl!!!!

So what's new with you all? Did you miss me? I always have been able to make a long story longer and tell a story right. Hope all is well, and expect to see much more of me in the daily! I'm heeeeeere!

Lisa
Old 03-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Lisa! I'm so happy for you that everything is going so well, and hope it continues.

Good for you on how you quit your job! And your ex-boss sure got what she was due. I hope Little Guy is recovering well after all that sickness, poor little guy. It sounds like you are pretty smitten with him.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Lisa! Wow, sounds like life has been hectic. Glad it's settling down now and hope Little Guy is up and around soon.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Glad to see ya Lisa! Been wondering where you were at!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

YAY for you!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lisa, We haven't met, but I've enjoyed some of your recipes! Welcome back!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #7  

Welcome back, Lisa! Brian was a lot healthier after having his adenoids out and tubes put in when he was around 2. I'm glad he's feeling better.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:13 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Whoa! Good for you! Glad all is working out and welcome back!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi weezie, welcome back! I knew we'd see you back here sooner or later - who could stay away from us for long?
Glad everything is well - you must be feeling so free these days!
Hope LG is getting back to normal. Poor kid.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

LISA!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed you, hon, and so has our little corner of the Beach! I'll have the cabana boys prepare your favorite lounge.

I'm so proud of you for telling your boss where to put it! I think it's horrible when people aren't understanding about illness and children. What person is going to do good quality work (or could be expected to) when they are worried about a small child who's really ill? Grrr... Glad things are working out so well and am glad we'll be seeing you more!

Strap mom into a chair and get her involved in a hobby. My MIL was SO ornery after her heart surgery--she wasn't supposed to be lifting more than 10 pounds and she kept trying to do things like move the upright piano because she wanted to rearrange the living room!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Weezle so glad to see you back!!! I am so happy that everything is working out for you and MK!!!! yeah
Old 03-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #12  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back, Lisa! Sounds like quite the stressful situation; I'm so glad it's starting to smooth out.

I hope your mom feels better, and doesn't get too stir-crazy. She has my sympathy big time! I just got over some simple pulled muscles in my lower back, and even just three days of low mobility had me going bonkers with nothing to do.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ ZZLE
Literally I was thinking of you yesterday saying I ahve to PM that girl!!
Good on ya for dropping the skeeverific boss
I'm glad your back!
Closed Thread