LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 AM   #2  

where does it go
tara333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Tara! Where does what go? The morning?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys!

I am so glad it's Friday. Nasty out again. Supposed to be nasty all weekned so no walking for me today.

I am still chugging right along. I have something new for lunch today. I finally found the arnold sandwich thins. I brought some turkey and a nice piece of baby swiss. Sounds yummy! I also discovered something wonderfully yummy yesterday. I took a cup of fresh strawberries. A container of Dannon light n fit vanilla yogurt, a tablespoon of chopped walnuts and stirred it all together. Delicious.

After work I go get my haircut. Just curious how much everyone pays for a haircut? I have been going to an Aveda Spa which is a bit more expensive. My sister said I am getting ripped off, but I really like the owner and she's the one that cuts my hair. How much do you tip? By the time I get out of there it's 50 + sometimes . I usually get a cut and have my eyebrows done too. Most of the time I get a complimentary hand massage while I am there and they always offer me something to eat and drink. I don't take it but they off it. I even take my DD and she sits to wait on me, they offer her something to eat or drink too. What do ya think? Too much to pay??
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Hey ladies!

T.G.I.F. is RIGHT!

I've had SUCH a long week and it's going to be a busy weekend, so I'm having a TGIF moment!

I have a girls' night dinner tonight...I'm going to cheat a bit and have a caramel apple martini...haven't had one in almost a year! Other than that...I'll be having either a small piece of steak and veggies or a chicken salad for dinner...YUMMY!

Tomorrow morning I've gotta clean some house and do some groceries and then I'm off to see 2 movies and have a healthy dinner with a friend of mine who's vegan.

Sunday....ugh...will be the continuation of my cleaning and I'm hoping to be able to watch the movie "Twilight"

I'm totally ENTHRALLED by the Twilight series...I know that the movie will suck by comparison to the book, but I still want to see it. I read Twilight in a couple of days and couldn't really put it down. I'm on the 2nd book now...

What has everyone else got going on?
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

IT's FRIDAY!!! TGIF!!!!

I have a million errands to run today, plus I got up later then usually, so it is a slow start. I really have to get my rear in gear, or I'll be here all day. Slacking off.

Going grocery shoppping through out all the errands, so am hoping to find some more new things to try. I make sure I try atleast one or two new things a week. Anyone have any suggestions?

Squeak... If you are getting ripped off, then I am. I get the same pampering treamtent as you and pay just as much. I think it pays to have a great hairdresser. I know leaving there I'll love the new 'do. That in itself is worth the extra- IMHO. I usually leave a good $8-10 tip. But that is because I've been going to the same gal for years. She is actually a friend of the family.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #7  

Wifey, what movies are you going to see. DD wants to see Monsters VS. Aliens and also The Race to Witch Mountain.

I haven't seen Twilight but DD loved it! She said I "had" to see it. Maybe I'll do a pay per view and see it.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

We're going to see Coraline in 3D and The Reader. Ya gotta love seeing cheap movies at the theatre!

You've gotta read the books too!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Beth, I am cheap when it comes to haircuts. I go to JC Penny and pay $39. I think I usually give her a $5. tip. That's for a wash, cut and style. I love sitting and having someone mess with my hair, but honestly, I'm not usually happy iwth the way it looks. But that's just me...I'm a wash and go girl...and i don't have the time or talent to do my hair.

I just can't see paying more than $40. for a haircut. The only time I splurge is for highlights, and I do that maybe once a year. And that costs around 100 w/a cut.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #10  

actually I pay 28 dollars for a haircut. It's all the other stuff I get that adds up to 48, then I just round it up to 50 I think I am too cheap on the tip, but she's the owner and getting all that money. I dunno, maybe I should be tipping more. Now I think I am too cheap LOL I can't win for losing!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #11  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
actually I pay 28 dollars for a haircut. It's all the other stuff I get that adds up to 48, then I just round it up to 50 I think I am too cheap on the tip, but she's the owner and getting all that money. I dunno, maybe I should be tipping more. Now I think I am too cheap LOL I can't win for losing!
I pay out the wazoo for my hair: NZ$110, plus $10 for my eyebrow shape. That's a cut with 4 colours (purple, copper, blonde and brown), blowdry and style. But I don't tip- here you don't have to. Same with restaurants- the waitresses all get minimum wage or higher.

It's Saturday, and it's shaping up to be a great weekend. DH and I will be heading out for a walk with our dog shortly. I'm studying the whole weekend for a Latin assignment (PS- does anyone here know Latin?), and I still need to clean the house, so I'm going to be a busy little wifey till Monday at least.

The Twilight series rocks! The author puts Bella through a load of different crap in each book- you feel sorry for her by the end and hope it's all over. *grumble* Wish I had my own personal Edward *grumble*.

Speaking of grocery shopping stuff: the local tried to rip me off for $7 today on a punnet of Bluff oysters (apparently, DH believes these are the best oysters in the world, I think they taste like salty snot). $26.90 for 12 premiums or $19.99 for 24 second-grades (which are smaller). I asked for the 24 and they gave me the 12, and charged me accordingly.

New grocery stuff to try?
Have you ever had New Orleans red beans and rice? Very low fat, high protein, and tastes beautiful. Here's a good recipe for it:

1 pounds beans, red kidney, dry
2 quart(s) water
1 1/2 cup(s) onion(s), chopped
1 cup(s) celery, chopped
4 bay leaf
1 cup(s) pepper(s), green, bell, chopped
3 tablespoon garlic, chopped
3 tablespoon parsley
2 teaspoon thyme, dried, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper, black

1. Pick through beans to remove bad ones. Rinse beans thoroughly.

2. In a large pot, combine beans, water, onion, celery, and bay leaves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook over low heat for about 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Stir. Mash beans against side of pan.

3. Add green pepper, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Cook uncovered over low heat until creamy, about 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves.

4. Serve with brown rice, if desired.

The things I would do differently:
- the onion, bell pepper, and celery need to be chopped very fine and cooked down in a little olive oil (use a different pan, and pat them with a paper towel to remove the excess oil).
- add some good cajun/creole seasoning to taste if you like it with a kick.
- add some chopped up fat free ham steaks for a little extra protein.

I'm from New Orleans originally, so I've had to experiment a little more with the food down in New Zealand, but I got a mean red beans and rice dish going on.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Good evening! Sorry I haven't posted much this week-I have been really busy helping DH build a cabinet unit in the garage and had classes.

Squeak-I don't think that is a bad price for a haircut-especially with all of the perks you get!! I'm actually growing my hair out for locks of love right now so I don't go as often as I did to get my haircut.

Wifey-My sisters LOVE Twilight-both the book and the movie. I'd like to read the books. Let me know what you think of the movie!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #13  

Hello everyone! I will go out later to go shopping. My fridge is empty, I have to buy some food for the next week. Maybe I should not buy more meat\chocolate\bread etc, but I can't stop myself.
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote